Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Lh (a/j): Cdg-(j)-muc-(j)-fra-(a)-bog-(a)-fra-(j)-muc-(j)-cdg 2800€/US$3121

Lh (a/j): Cdg-(j)-muc-(j)-fra-(a)-bog-(a)-fra-(j)-muc-(j)-cdg 2800€/US$3121

Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
How does this get one close to TK gold if none of flights on this routing are TK?
You need 40'k miles on any Star-Alliance carrier within a 12-months period to get TK Elite (*gold). According to wheretocredit.com getsetjetset's routing accrues 39'730 miles. That's pretty close to 40'k.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by alp67
You need 40'k miles on any Star-Alliance carrier within a 12-months period to get TK Elite (*gold). According to wheretocredit.com getsetjetset's routing accrues 39'730 miles. That's pretty close to 40'k.
Adding MUC segment(CDG-MUC-FRA or vv) to that routing would make it above the 40k.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Adding MUC segment(CDG-MUC-FRA or vv) to that routing would make it above the 40k.
EZE routings brings it over 45k
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Interesting! How did you route to get that? The most I could get was 42'k TK miles.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Not to TK M&S but to SK EB. Solely FRA-EZE-FRA to SK EB 300% brings 42880 miles and EZE-BOG-EZE adds 8740, so without intra European flights it will be more than 51k. Personally I would put to SK program as little miles as I could above 45k. To TK M&S FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA(LH A 200%) brings 37300, so at least 3 intra EU segments(1200 miles minimum credit per segment) would be needed to/from FRA to achieve TK M&S Elite status. TK status is valid two years, SK is one year but when flying in the beginning of the new period or after sign up, almost two years would be in total.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:05 am

Don't wanna side-track this thread too much, but some might not know:
If you're fortunate/willing to fly this optimized routing twice and credit to TK, you will become TK Elite Plus member. That give's you *Gold for 4 years as TK does soft-landing. (after two years of Elite+ another two years of Elite) and on top of that you can give an Elite membership (*Gold) to a friend or family member.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Not to TK M&S but to SK EB. Solely FRA-EZE-FRA to SK EB 300% brings 42880 miles and EZE-BOG-EZE adds 8740, so without intra European flights it will be more than 51k. Personally I would put to SK program as little miles as I could above 45k. To TK M&S FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA(LH A 200%) brings 37300, so at least 3 intra EU segments(1200 miles minimum credit per segment) would be needed to/from FRA to achieve TK M&S Elite status. TK status is valid two years, SK is one year but when flying in the beginning of the new period or after sign up, almost two years would be in total.
You have to start in CDG, so that adds another leg by rule. Might skip miss last leg by chance, but CDG-FRA has to be flown. Adding MUC on the out- or inbound will take you over the threshold in one go - and for almost the same price as without.

edit: EZE-BOG-EZE segments are AV "C" - not LH "A"

Last edited by alp67; Aug 11, 2019 at 4:24 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Don't wanna side-track this thread too much, but some might not know:
If you're fortunate/willing to fly this optimized routing twice and credit to TK, you will become TK Elite Plus member. That give's you *Gold for 4 years as TK does soft-landing. (after two years of Elite+ another two years of Elite) and on top of that you can give an Elite membership (*Gold) to a friend or family member.
Please note that it costs miles to gift gold With TK. Two of these brings you to SK Diamond, gifting gold status for free and soft landing to gold 😎
roy2016 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:25 am

Please note that it costs miles to gift gold With TK. Two of these brings you to SK Diamond, gifting gold status for free and soft landing to gold ��
Fair enough, but who cares about miles if it's for a loved one!?
Not to forget, you may gift Gold to up to 3 friends for 40'k miles each. The loved one gets Gold for 2 years instead of just one and - if not requalifying - SK DIA will be with no status after 3 years instead of 4 years. Requalifying might be easier with TK as well. So, it really is just a matter of personal preferences, here is no right or wrong.
unusualtravelblog likes this.

Last edited by alp67; Aug 11, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:08 am

You have to start in CDG, so that adds another leg by rule. Might skip miss last leg by chance, but CDG-FRA has to be flown. Adding MUC on the out- or inbound will take you over the threshold in one go - and for almost the same price as without.

edit: EZE-BOG-EZE segments are AV "C" - not LH "A"
No, you do not have to start from CDG, you can start from several airports in France(NCE). What I was mean with "at least three segments" was that you should have the total of three segments before and after FRA ie XXX-MUC-FRA and return FRA-XXX where XXX is one of the airports in France including CDG. Why would some presume that EZE-BOG is LH A? Quite obvious that AV is in business class as was calculated.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
I’d start in CDG anyway as i’m based there. Have we determined a clear cut winner SK v TK assuming I would register for SK March ‘20 and this would provide Gold the rest of ‘20 and all of ‘21?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I’d start in CDG anyway as i’m based there. Have we determined a clear cut winner SK v TK assuming I would register for SK March ‘20 and this would provide Gold the rest of ‘20 and all of ‘21?
YES ^
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
YES ^
I'm leaning towards LH both ways through EZE since I love LH and absolutely HATE GRU as an airport. I haven't flown LX F in 5+ years, is it THAT great now on the 77W that it's worth the hassle of GRU to experience it one way? TY.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:40 am

I'm leaning towards LH both ways through EZE since I love LH and absolutely HATE GRU as an airport. I haven't flown LX F in 5+ years, is it THAT great now on the 77W that it's worth the hassle of GRU to experience it one way? TY.
I prefer GRU T3 to CDG any day although no fast track in GRU. Flying LX First gives you 200% to SK EB and TK M&S instead of 300% with LH First,so do the math. Try to avoid AV A320 EZE-BOG-EZE, flight time is around 6:30.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
LH is more consistent, LX is a bit up and down. Ever since they improved their ground product at ZRH (F check in, direct entry to lounge, arrival service) and introduced the almost-suites in F, it has been a step above LH I think. With LH it is annoying these days at FCT being made to wait for other pax and share transport to the aircraft (still, you get taken to the plane unlike LX), and the hard product on board is pretty outdated. I do like LH for the 747, but LX for the 777.
ristasm likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.