Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/AF JFK-ACC "La Première / First" $2,798

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Pretty killer deal for ex-US F. This is a DL-based fare that allows for AF codeshare.
Unfortunately, the only segment in F will be the transatlantic sector; the rest will be in business class.
You can fly both transatlantic segments on the 777 for a better F experience, however, you'll have to play around with the dates and times.

Note: 50 Day Advance Purchase required!

orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by Gino Troian; Feb 18, 2019 at 6:48 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The sample schedule would give lots of time to enjoy the AF FC Salon lounge at CDG in both directions. IIRC with an AF IFC ticket, one is entitled to use the FC lounge even if the onward connection is a flight with only business class.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
How's is this SLC-ACC IN F at $4300 a deal? You list flights for JFK-ACC ibstead of SLC-ACC and even then only short JFK/CDG is in F.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
How's is this SLC-ACC IN F at $4300 a deal? You list flights for JFK-ACC ibstead of SLC-ACC and even then only short JFK/CDG is in F.
I updated the thread title and fare - not sure if everything has caught up/updated yet. The original post was SLC-ACC via LAX JFK and CDG (lots of miles) for $4,300 which is still a pretty good deal IMO, but the JFK fare is MUCH better @ $2,700.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:43 pm

I can't seem to be able to find this outside of Google flights. Do I need to call or something? AF's own website is only letting me search for J (when I select F it takes me to a J result). Anyone else having any luck?

Last edited by YGeorgeW; Feb 18, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YGeorgeW
I can't seem to be able to find this outside of Google flights. Do I need to call or something? AF's own website is only letting me search for J (when I select F it takes me to a J result). Anyone else having any luck?
I'm not going to book this fare, but I've had success pricing this out by using ITA Matrix, BookWithMatrix, and "paying" via Priceline.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
it's a good fare for sure. Nice layover in CDG. Would go for it if it was a BOS fare ... and ... is it bookable? Looks like a Z-class fare to me.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:33 pm

I don't think it's bookable unfortunately. I tried Priceline (sorry, don't have enough posts to post the images yet), but when you click continue to checkout, you get an error. Delta and FlightNetwork gave me Z-class fares.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I don't think it's bookable unfortunately. I tried Priceline (sorry, don't have enough posts to post the images yet), but when you click continue to checkout, you get an error. Delta and FlightNetwork gave me Z-class fares.
agreed. This is likely a Matrix Display error and not bookable.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by cfischer
agreed. This is likely a Matrix Display error and not bookable.
I tried to book this 6-7 weeks ago for a client at an even lower price. It is an error on Matrix/Google. The fare is indeed a business class (Z) fare and fare rules do not permit seating in F.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I was able to price out the fare and select seats via Expedia - do you think if I were to go through and confirm purchase, they would modify the booking to J on the F leg?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: Alaska
price it out on priceline with KLM legs to/from ACC, lie flat, better than AF

https://www.priceline.com/m/fly/sear...id=11554367SID
Gino Troian and Justin Case like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
I was able to price out the fare and select seats via Expedia - do you think if I were to go through and confirm purchase, they would modify the booking to J on the F leg?
Either it will get caught during ticketing, it will get flagged sometime up to and including check-in and you’ll be downgraded, or you’ll fly in F and DL will issue a debit memo to Expedia later on. There are no F fares filed by DL in the market, and flying F on the transatlantic segments would either require a fare-break in PAR or maybe a manually priced itinerary by Delta's pricing desk.

I think issue is related to A class being a permitted booking inventory in the fare rules—of course this is intended to let pax sit in premium economy if Z is sold out, not first class (and for some reason certain booking channels are reading this as an upgrade to first class, which A has been associated with historically).

If Being downgraded to the DL “Z”, or DL “A” if Z is sold out, is acceptable if the error is caught, and/or you don’t mind potential back and forth with AF and/or Expedia over the ticket, there’s nothing to lose.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Feb 18, 2019 at 9:15 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I would not be so sure... Some fare coding bugs are specific to certain GDSs (sometime the fare text does not correspond to the coding made [and thus to how it actually works] for example). The agent has no responsibility over those, GDS may be responsible I guess depending on the arrangements with an airline..
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Seems like the fare differential is missing for an upgrade from Z to F, but I do not know why (and if this is bookable of course). And the reason why the fare differential is low (when it is added, USD 1,237) is probably that this Z fare is an 'unrestricted' one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.