Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/AF JFK-ACC "La Première / First" $2,798

DL/AF JFK-ACC "La Première / First" $2,798

Old Feb 18, 19, 11:24 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Keter View Post
I would not be so sure... Some fare coding bugs are specific to certain GDSs (sometime the fare text does not correspond to the coding made [and thus to how it actually works] for example). The agent has no responsibility over those, GDS may be responsible I guess depending on the arrangements with an airline..
Yes, if the GDS is in error, the agency would not be responsible for an auto-priced ticket. I really think what's going on here is some kind of mistake in mapping booking class codes across DL/AF. (A is first on AF and premium econ on DL) It would be interesting if someone can produce a seat assignment for a successfully booked reservation showing seats in AF's first class cabin. When I tried to book this (using Sabre) weeks ago, it priced in business accurately.
Old Feb 18, 19, 11:47 pm

Just as a small data point - I have seen MANY good AF F fares via Google Flights that I've clicked into and then they are not bookable.

Like many in the $2-4k range that end up unbookable.

Only AF, never another airline. So I'd be wary of a seemingly great AF fare until someone reports back as having booked it.

Just my 2 cents
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:45 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dval44 View Post
Just as a small data point - I have seen MANY good AF F fares via Google Flights that I've clicked into and then they are not bookable.

Like many in the $2-4k range
Thats another story, DL P fares which are PE. This seems a buggy Z fare.

BTW i recall DL is using Martix, so even if it is just an ITA bug rather than a GDS bug you WILL be able to book this via DL (ie ITA powertools).
Old Feb 19, 19, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by dval44 View Post

Like many in the $2-4k range that end up unbookable.

Only AF, never another airline. So I'd be wary of a seemingly great AF fare until someone reports back as having booked it.

Just my 2 cents
I've seen the same thing searching ex-WAS, there is a ~2800 fare that always pops up for AF F to DXB via CDG. It usually reprices to 10k when you try checkout on Google Flights.
Old Feb 19, 19, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Until every recently A was a discount (or even deep discount) domestic FC fare class and booking class on DL. In addition, often international Z and I fares would book into A for domestic connecting segments in FC. Similar classes would be G (lower than A) and P (higher than A and included some refundable fares, but F was refundable unrestricted last-seat-availability domestic FC).

IIRC AF uses P for IFC and maybe also A for discount IFC. Certain other international carriers do this too.
Old Feb 19, 19, 9:18 am
Original Poster

So it's been proven it's possible to assign seats in F, but has anyone booked this? This is not like the WAS/DAL-DXB AF flight that always comes up on GF (which is 100% mapping error) - it's DL-coded and bookable by online travel agent.
Old Feb 19, 19, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Gino Troian View Post
So it's been proven it's possible to assign seats in F, but has anyone booked this? This is not like the WAS/DAL-DXB AF flight that always comes up on GF (which is 100% mapping error) - it's DL-coded and bookable by online travel agent.
When it comes to AF - and only AF - from all experience we have here (and me personally), you will get downgraded, you will have your ticket cancelled, and you will spend at least half a year to get your money back.
Special fares on Air France is no-go, waste of time.
toastedcafe and Pocatello like this.
Old Feb 19, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Sauraigne View Post
When it comes to AF - and only AF - from all experience we have here (and me personally), you will get downgraded, you will have your ticket cancelled, and you will spend at least half a year to get your money back.
That's more or less true from my experience. However in the past, they played very fairly with the MXP FRA and KEF BKK J fares, I had a lot of fun with them
Old Feb 19, 19, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
That's more or less true from my experience. However in the past, they played very fairly with the MXP FRA and KEF BKK J fares, I had a lot of fun with them
They have a real focus on keeping their F exclusive, apart from J. Considering we are speaking about a french company, that's their spirit though
Old Feb 19, 19, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Sauraigne View Post
just that this is not an AF fare so it is entirely irrelevant here. If there is a problem, then DL needs to sort it out. It would be interesting to see if this tickets ... not available from BOS so I am not tempted to try it.

Last year we flew BOS-JFK-BIO r/t in F-class on AF for $2600, so it is not complete out of the realm of 'fare sales', but the Z booking into F in kind of weird.
Old Feb 20, 19, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Gino Troian View Post
I updated the thread title and fare - not sure if everything has caught up/updated yet. The original post was SLC-ACC via LAX JFK and CDG (lots of miles) for $4,300 which is still a pretty good deal IMO, but the JFK fare is MUCH better @ $2,700.
I see the updated info. My point on price was that only the short JFK/CDG flights are in F. I was assuming you left out a SLC/JFK domestic flight. Even being in domestic US F (really called business elsewhere in world) would've meant you were basically paying 4300 for J basically the vast majority of trip.
Old Feb 20, 19, 5:26 am

is this bookable? no booking options on GF.
Old Feb 20, 19, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by torontochinese View Post
Have you read the thread?
NYC Flyer, honzeek_cz and djibouti like this.
Old Feb 20, 19, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by torontochinese View Post
Yes... and no...
Old Feb 20, 19, 11:40 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA EXP, A3*G, UA *G, LH FTL, CCarlson Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
Last year we flew BOS-JFK-BIO r/t in F-class on AF for $2600, so it is not complete out of the realm of 'fare sales', but the Z booking into F in kind of weird.
In F? How did I miss that one!? Was it posted here?

Search this Thread