Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Klm: Lax-bkk j r/t $2100usd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Klm: Lax-bkk j r/t $2100usd

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: DL Silver
Does anyone have any advice on routing on a 744? I’m based in NYC but would be more than happy to position for a trip down memory lane.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Chicago Sailor
Does anyone have any advice on routing on a 744? I’m based in NYC but would be more than happy to position for a trip down memory lane.

When I was searching for my trip I found some days of the week there is a 744-combi. klm.us has a multi-date feature that makes it pretty easy to search and see the equip for various dates.
I found the LAX-AMS early flight (1p-2p) in March to be mostly 744. Then in April it seems to vary by day of week 77/74. The later flight (5 pm) in April seems to vary 77/78 by day of week.
The KL 74 is not 1-2-1 downstairs or 1-1 upstairs.
There are 3 single seats downstairs 1A, 4A and 4E (I think in the middle) and upstairs 2-2, but very spacious.
I've had about a half dozen flights on the KL 74s over time, but for this trip, I'm going with the 78 LAX-AMS-LAX, especially since AMS-BKK is a 2-2-2 77.

If you are going to fly it out of JFK, as I recall the late KL flight alternates between a 74 and a 78 depending on day of week.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
Having trouble finding dates that will book into the low $2,xxx fares with KLM metal on the international segments. The problem are the returns from BKK via Mumbai or Delhi on Jet Airways (marketed by KLM). Those earn zero miles.

UPDATE - use "kl+" in advanced routing codes with ITA Matrix and then use book with matrix. Much easier than calling the joint venture / re-issue desk that can't seem to book these fares on KL metal.

Last edited by Seattlite; Feb 15, 2019 at 10:21 am
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Seattlite
Having trouble finding dates that will book into the low $2,xxx fares with KLM metal on the international segments. The problem are the returns from BKK via Mumbai or Delhi on Jet Airways (marketed by KLM). Those earn zero miles.
You have to use Google Flights and then call KLM to book. For some reason, the KLM website is not showing all options
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kjnangre
You have to use Google Flights and then call KLM to book. For some reason, the KLM website is not showing all options
I had to use Google Flights, then click through to book with KLM online, did not need to call. Couldn't find the flights directly on KLM website though...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
I just booked this, great fare, thanks to the OP!

Question though, I had to call the 800 number because KLM's website was returning odd flights. When I did that, I ended up getting both a DL and a KL PNR code, and 006 ticket stock. Does that change the MQD calculations above?
zambonisk likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Originally Posted by hoyt
I just booked this, great fare, thanks to the OP!

Question though, I had to call the 800 number because KLM's website was returning odd flights. When I did that, I ended up getting both a DL and a KL PNR code, and 006 ticket stock. Does that change the MQD calculations above?
From my understanding, yes. 006 ticket stock means that Delta is the marketing carrier and you will earn MQDs and RDMs on the fare basis vs. distance flown. So, MQDs = (ticket price - taxes - fees). Not too late to cancel and rebook!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Originally Posted by TYSDoc

From my understanding, yes. 006 ticket stock means that Delta is the marketing carrier and you will earn MQDs and RDMs on the fare basis vs. distance flown. So, MQDs = (ticket price - taxes - fees). Not too late to cancel and rebook!
Do you just call the 800 number and ask them to ticket it on KLM stock then? I'm able to get all the way to the booking screen with KLM.com, but then the price jumps to 10k.

EDIT: Nevermind, it must have been the 787 that I was picking that day. The 777 leg priced out at 2100 on klm.com. Good to go now with a 074 ticket stock now!

Last edited by hoyt; Feb 15, 2019 at 1:09 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by hoyt
Do you just call the 800 number and ask them to ticket it on KLM stock then? I'm able to get all the way to the booking screen with KLM.com, but then the price jumps to 10k.

EDIT: Nevermind, it must have been the 787 that I was picking that day. The 777 leg priced out at 2100 on klm.com. Good to go now with a 074 ticket stock now!
Nice! Enjoy your trip
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
”Marketing carrier” means the KL flight number. That is all that matters for Delta Skymiles. On this deal, the segments flown on Delta metal seem to all get KL flight numbers (a codeshare).

006 versus 027 won’t make a difference.
hoyt likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bowgie

”Marketing carrier” means the KL flight number. That is all that matters for Delta Skymiles. On this deal, the segments flown on Delta metal seem to all get KL flight numbers (a codeshare).
I was hoping this was correct as both segments to/from LAX-AMS is on DL metal... Double checking everything today and all KL flight numbers showing on dl.com, 074 ticket stock on receipt shown on KLM and DL. YAY
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
I was hoping this was correct as both segments to/from LAX-AMS is on DL metal... Double checking everything today and all KL flight numbers showing on dl.com, 074 ticket stock on receipt shown on KLM and DL. YAY
This is how it has worked for me on every DL operated, KL/AF flight # I have taken since the beginning of 2018, regardless of 006 or 074 stock (done both)
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by angra
This is how it has worked for me on every DL operated, KL/AF flight # I have taken since the beginning of 2018, regardless of 006 or 074 stock (done both)
i stand corrected. Thanks for the info. Always learning
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
@zambonisk

Thank you! Thanks for posting this deal!

I ended up purchasing two trips: one in March, and another in July. KLM metal all the way!

I will end up with enough MQDs for Diamond, and plenty of miles towards Diamond. I just purchased an economy fare to China with 19,000 MQMs... so I am well on my way to 100,000 miles this year. I have a happy dilemma.... not enough time to travel to all of the places I want!

Thanks again zambonisk
zambonisk likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM

i stand corrected. Thanks for the info. Always learning
Delta changed the rules - ticketing carrier used to matter! So, it's a very common thing to get confused about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.