Aa: Lax-bkk $2392

Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
THe results I get are all operated by JL. However, the two outbound segments have AA flight numbers, whereas the inbound segments have JL flight numbers.

In order to accrue Alaska miles, I need the flights to be marketed and operated by JL. GF shows that if I purchase from Expedia, all flights have JL numbers but the fare jumps to $3600.

How do I get around this problem?
I don't understand this? Doesn't Alaska still award miles for AA flights as long as they are international?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bobovespa
I don't understand this? Doesn't Alaska still award miles for AA flights as long as they are international?
I believe issue is it needs to be both marketed and operated, not simply marketed by AA.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I believe issue is it needs to be both marketed and operated, not simply marketed by AA.
According to CS the determiner is the metal eg AA marketed JL flight with AS number gets credit based on JL credit table as listed by AS on their site.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AS will typically give credit anyway so long as both marketing and operating carriers are AS partners. Call or submit the documentation. Usually does the trick.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:17 am

anyone else have trouble booking on aavacations.com? i called and the agent said japan airlines won't release the discounted business class category tickets. any hints or trips most appreciated. ive already tried :
switching from JL/AA metal to JL the whole way.
various dates
various hotels
boss315 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:35 pm

What is the last day to ticket this fare?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by joaozinho
anyone else have trouble booking on aavacations.com? i called and the agent said japan airlines won't release the discounted business class category tickets. any hints or trips most appreciated. ive already tried :
switching from JL/AA metal to JL the whole way.
various dates
various hotels
Book a consolidator ("bulk") fare through a travel agent. Regardless of booking channel, be aware that JL-coded "I" inventory now only earns 14% credit toward EQD.

No expiry. You can book it until fare is pulled by AA and/or JL.
joaozinho likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
THe results I get are all operated by JL. However, the two outbound segments have AA flight numbers, whereas the inbound segments have JL flight numbers.

In order to accrue Alaska miles, I need the flights to be marketed and operated by JL. GF shows that if I purchase from Expedia, all flights have JL numbers but the fare jumps to $3600.

How do I get around this problem?
Generally AS will allow codeshare credit to Mileage Plan if both the Marketing and Operating airlines are both AS partners. The credit will be based on the award chart of the Operating carrier. It will not post automatically. You will need to submit your boarding passes to AS manually. You can attach them to an email and send it to [email protected].

Keep in mind that JL I fares only accrue 70% of miles flown as EQM with no class of service bonus. An additional bonus of 100% of base miles will accrue as RDM only.

James
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
No expiry. You can book it until fare is pulled by AA and/or JL.
This is what I'm seeing on ITA.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 27FEB 19.

Although I suppose they could pull it before then, or re-file it afterwards.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:41 am

Does anyone know if you can do an open jaw? They're closed now so I can't ask them and I can't seem to do it on the web
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by econ
This is what I'm seeing on ITA.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 27FEB 19.

Although I suppose they could pull it before then, or re-file it afterwards.
Thanks. I missed that.

Originally Posted by estnet
Does anyone know if you can do an open jaw? They're closed now so I can't ask them and I can't seem to do it on the web
Yes, combinations to create open jaw/circle trips are permitted.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:38 pm

I just checked AAvacations -- it seems like quite a few choices of hotels in the $2,600 neighborhood.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CFM3RD
I just checked AAvacations -- it seems like quite a few choices of hotels in the $2,600 neighborhood.
Original fare disappeared on schedule after Feb 27. Same trips can now be had for about $400 more, which matches the increase in the AA Vacations price. Not sure if the higher price still qualifies as a "deal".
CFM3RD and mecca138 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:03 pm

Here is the reply I got about JL credit on AS

"With Japan Airlines, "I" class of service, you would earn 170% of the miles toward your available miles. Only 70% of that would count toward your Elite Qualifying Miles. "
So, hopefully this is the definitive answer as far as redeemable miles
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
Here is the reply I got about JL credit on AS

"With Japan Airlines, "I" class of service, you would earn 170% of the miles toward your available miles. Only 70% of that would count toward your Elite Qualifying Miles. "
So, hopefully this is the definitive answer as far as redeemable miles
That was what James (aka Flying for Fun) said on Post #38

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.