Wiki Posts
Search

Aa: Lax-bkk $2392

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by stephem
The AAvacations route does indeed get you a few hundred off, which you can spend $129 of the savings on a predeparture waiver and convert this well-priced nonrefundable fare into a refundable one ;-)

By the way, those $1200 ex-China fares were just the first crack in premium cabin performance for AA. $2k ex-USA fares to deep SE Asia are a big indicator that AA on other Asia routes as well.
How does eqd work for AAvacations? Distance or dollar spent?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Question

Originally Posted by stephem
The AAvacations route does indeed get you a few hundred off, which you can spend $129 of the savings on a predeparture waiver and convert this well-priced nonrefundable fare into a refundable one ;-)

What does the pre-departure waiver mean? Is it same as Trip Insurance, or something different? Haven't noticed this before.

Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: SQ Gold, VA Gold, Marritt Plat, HH Gold
Do you need to book a hotel for the entire stay through aa vacations? Or can you just add a couple of days?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: American, Air France
Originally Posted by luist
Do you need to book a hotel for the entire stay through aa vacations? Or can you just add a couple of days?
Only 3 days is required. You can click on the advanced booking option to specify the dates.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:30 pm

The prices were quoted for 2 adults for example date of 5/7-5/27.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by zblacktiger
The prices were quoted for 2 adults for example date of 5/7-5/27.
i see. i was looking at 1 pax
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:51 pm

THe results I get are all operated by JL. However, the two outbound segments have AA flight numbers, whereas the inbound segments have JL flight numbers.

In order to accrue Alaska miles, I need the flights to be marketed and operated by JL. GF shows that if I purchase from Expedia, all flights have JL numbers but the fare jumps to $3600.

How do I get around this problem?

Last edited by Barkinpark; Feb 15, 2019 at 6:20 am
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:22 pm

1 PAX price for LAX-BKK is still at $2170 but that for LAX-KUL is much higher. dates:5/7-5/27
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
The ad is phony. I tried to buy the package via AA vacation yesterday for 5/7 -5/28 travel from LAX to BKK, but when I clicked on purchase to complete the transaction it errored out. The AA agent could not book it either. She told me that Japan airlines could not sell at that price and asked me to pay full published price instead. Does anyone have any similar experience?
i worked through a variety of dates / routes with an experienced yesterday and got similar results. The reeason is that AA.com seems to show a lot of phantom “I” availability when there is none, which is needed to book.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
THe result I get are all operated by JL. However, the two outbound segments have AA flight numbers, whereas the inbound segments have JL flight numbers.

In order to accrue Alaska miles, I need the flights to be marketed and operated by JL. GF shows that if I purchase from Expedia, all flights have JL numbers but the fare jumps to $3600.

How do I get around this problem?
You likely can't "get around" this problem. Obviously, AA is choosing to sell a ticket under their code sharing agreement at a lower price. JL is under no obligation to meet that price.

Regards
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:23 am

1 PAX price for LAX-BKK is still at $2170 but that for LAX-KUL is much higher. dates:5/7-5/27
Is this from GF or from AA.com?

I am seeing 2390 from AA.com
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:14 am

It is from www.aavacations.com, not aa.com. The price is cheaper when booking with 3 hotel nights. Again, click on the advance option button to specify date range for the hotel.

Last edited by zblacktiger; Feb 15, 2019 at 8:16 am Reason: mispelling on aa.com
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:26 pm

Thanks, everybody.

So, for my case (outbound: AA marketed/JL operated + inbound: JL marketed/JL operated), I want to accrue the outbound miles to Avios and then inbound ones to AS MP.

How do I do this? Is this even plausible? I know that CX's booking webpage allows different FFPs for different segments.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thanks, everybody.

So, for my case (outbound: AA marketed/JL operated + inbound: JL marketed/JL operated), I want to accrue the outbound miles to Avios and then inbound ones to AS MP.

How do I do this? Is this even plausible? I know that CX's booking webpage allows different FFPs for different segments.
Double check with each carrier how code-shares work and then at the airport ask the agent to input the Frequent flyer number that you wish to have that flight accrue in that program.

That way you have a BP for each segment with the carrier that you want...
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Double check with each carrier how code-shares work and then at the airport ask the agent to input the Frequent flyer number that you wish to have that flight accrue in that program.

That way you have a BP for each segment with the carrier that you want...
Thanks.

1. I called BAEC and they said that the outbound segments can earn Avios. I don't care too much about Tier Points, but the Avios.

2. So, should I not enter any FFP number in the booking, but just do so at the airport check-in counter, so that each segment is credited separately?

3. Suppose, I do the above, but the check-in agent simply adds my BAEC # to the entire itinerary. Can I still retroactively ask for the inbound mileage to be released to AS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.