FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Lgw-mla £238 - 160 tp (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1955628-lgw-mla-238-160-tp.html)

strayersong Feb 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Lgw-mla £238 - 160 tp

Just found it from the low fare calendar, good availability at least in Nov Dec and Jan.
Tempted but not sure how Malta is like in November.

jfkeze Feb 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Better than London in November :D
But in all honesty, it's a decent TP run, Malta is a beautiful Island, the old city feels like it is stuck in the 1970s (in a good way!) and an excellent weekend getaway

PragueTravellerCZ Feb 11, 2019 1:54 am

I would prefer to fly to Canarias (weather, culture, party life etc.) instead, but 160 TP for this price might change my mind :)

mikeyfly Feb 11, 2019 3:12 am

Looks good on @T8191 report :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip...es-all-ba.html

ENTP Feb 11, 2019 5:22 am

I went to Malta mid-November a few years ago - weather was fantastic (22-25 degrees)

lost_in_translation Feb 11, 2019 5:26 am

Thanks OP, have been waiting for this offer to come back (was something similar last year that I regretted not taking). I'm in for November.

A similar fare is also available for a few dates in March, by the way.

ukiman Feb 11, 2019 8:06 am

I have (or rather tried to) live on Malta from September to June (aprox school year for my child) and ... it was so bad experience that I can't imagine to visit MLA airport anytime in the future again :)

It was cold, rainy, windy ... awful experience. I mean really cold - not outside but inside the "apartment" with thin walls, no central heating. We had to sleep in one bed, use the oil heater in one room, then work, live, eat ... only in the kitchen. Having a bath ... no way. Heater. Need to use the toilet? Run! "Apartments" on the island are jokes. Block of flats everywhere. No community parts. Dirty. Cars parked everywhere. Dog sh*t EVERYWHERE! And all this with astronomical rental prices. Pfff ...

Maybe Malta has its own "climate". But I can't imagine how it's possible to just "want" to live there. Oh, maybe for the taxes ...

Canarias are completely opposite. Meaning weather, joy of life, greatness of the place .. and taxes.

:)

dsf Feb 11, 2019 8:22 am

Originally Posted by strayersong (Post 30762165)

I went to Malta at the start of December 2018, only for 24hrs or so (ticked off my last EU country) and it was cloudy but not cold. I explored the whole of Valletta on foot and loved it, in fact I'm already pretty desperate to go back for a longer visit so this fare is perfect for me. Thanks for posting! ^

PUCCI GALORE Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am

Just found it from the low fare calendar, good availability at least in Nov Dec and Jan.

Well found Sugar - they kept quiet about that. Booked!

Sisyphus1carus Feb 11, 2019 1:34 pm

I'm guessing it isn't classed as Long Haul and thus can't be reduced by £100 for 5k Avios :-(

EDIT: Yeah definitely can't :-(

BAGoldBoy Feb 12, 2019 4:50 am

I wonder if MLA is going to be the new TLL ? Booked flights and Hilton

Gobber Feb 12, 2019 8:44 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy (Post 30768214)
I wonder if MLA is going to be the new TLL ? Booked flights and Hilton

Can you pls remind what was the conditions for TLL in the past? good mile run route? Not anymore?

BAGoldBoy Feb 12, 2019 9:20 am

Historically there were lucrative deals to TLL via HEL

ulxima Feb 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Thank you very much.
Booked :D

Ciao
U!