Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Flash Sale: Save 50% on TAP Business Class and Economy Flights

Flash Sale: Save 50% on TAP Business Class and Economy Flights

Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Is that one-way? Because with the inescapable taxes+APD etc at close to £300, and another £350 for YQ, that's an extraordinary ticket price - a base fare of around 15% of the best "executive" fares I am seeing.

The best priced, and readily available TAP ticket is DUB SFO at just under £1100. An of course this raft of dodgy codes have nothing to do with that.
Nothing dodgy about these codes - they‘re just a bit cumbersome to apply.

The 50% off apply to fare + YQ.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
SCAM fare. I booked OSL-LIS-YYZ FOR $900 o/w and now it is $1700 with the magapromo50, bs I call it.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: UA*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
SCAM fare. I booked OSL-LIS-YYZ FOR $900 o/w and now it is $1700 with the magapromo50, bs I call it.
When searching on Google Flights i do not see any 900 USD ow. But 1252 USD for which the discount is being applied properly.

Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ritesa
Nothing dodgy about these codes - they‘re just a bit cumbersome to apply.

Three separate codes - any, all or none of them might (or, more likely) might not work.
The text said 50% of all fares: very clearly this was not the case.
Term and conditions in both Portuguese and English text said 50% off fare except airport charges. Clearly (again) this could never be the case: taxes and duties are inescapable. YQ isn't mentioned.

Hey, it's TAP. I'm sure it's not an outright scam, just a marketing initiative badly implememted. TP's not a carrier known for transparency, customer service or IT sophistication. They have had some bonkers low fares though, and if these were mistakes- it's to the airlines' credit that they let them stand.

The 50% off apply to fare + YQ.
Accepting this, in the case of an £800 J-class return LHR-MIA, the charges, taxes and duties on both tickets mean the airline has reduced the base fare by two-thirds. Which seems pretty extraordinary. `And is why I raised my original question.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:02 am

I've been trying since yesterday, with different browsers and different codes, to find a discounted J class either from BOS or YUL to LIS. Results remain at the same regular price, even when a box is saying that the code has been activated. Many hours lost...

Last edited by LearningToFly; Feb 10, 2019 at 10:04 am Reason: ...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I've been trying since yesterday, with different browsers and different codes, to find a discounted J class either from BOS or YUL to LIS. Results remain at the same regular price, even when a box is saying that the code has been activated. Many hours lost...
How about this one?

Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:16 pm

How about this one?

Thanks, but which of the three codes did you use, and when in the process of booking? Were you following the link of the OP?

I'm looking for July, but I tried other months as well. There was a box at the end of the results page, this box saying that the code was applied, but the discount never appeared in any of my numerous searches.

I did search from the Canada TP website, and from the US TP website. And I tried with and without login in.
LTF
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Thanks, but which of the three codes did you use, and when in the process of booking? Were you following the link of the OP?

I'm looking for July, but I tried other months as well. There was a box at the end of the results page, this box saying that the code was applied, but the discount never appeared in any of my numerous searches.

I did search from the Canada TP website, and from the US TP website. And I tried with and without login in.
LTF
The first flight needs to be in February, as clearly stated on the campaign site:

This offer is valid for TAP journeys starting until February 28 and completed before December 31.
imartin2k likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:36 pm

My bad. Thanks again.
LTF

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.