FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Current Ex-EU Long Haul Oneworld Business Class Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1955077-current-ex-eu-long-haul-oneworld-business-class-deals.html)

thebigben Feb 7, 2019 5:55 am

Current Ex-EU Long Haul Oneworld Business Class Deals

All the fares are in the Wiki above!

I apologise since this is a different format, please do close if it's not allowed but I am finding many deals, some of which weren't on the forum, and in this case, checking each fare individually against what already exists and posting different threads for each would take significantly more time than finding which good premium fares are current. I will do my best to keep this first post updated.

I am doing this since I've got my loyalty with OneWorld and am generally keen to depart anywhere in Europe, and I hope this proves to be useful for people with similar interests. I am doing my best to mentally filter what is a unusually good fare given the destination at hand, for example, going to Japan or flying on Cathay is usually more expensive, but please do provide feedback when you can.

If anything is of interest, you should be able to find the fare in Google Flights in order to get a better idea of dates and connections. If this thread proves of interest, I can also spend the time to write more detailed descriptions for those.

ulxima Feb 7, 2019 5:59 am

I hope this proves to be useful for people with similar interests
YES, please go ahead.
Thank you thebigben

Ciao
Ulxima

AY1337 Feb 7, 2019 6:12 am

By the way, the AY cheap business class (I) fares are usually 200€ cheaper if ex-BUD or ex-TLL, ex-PRG is usually 100€ cheaper than the rest.
Also, you can usually force an extra layover (up to 24h) in, say Fukuoka and fly JAL 777 FUK-TYO. (Note, no A350 in HEL-FUK for the moment)

thebigben Feb 7, 2019 6:14 am

Originally Posted by elventhor (Post 30749669)
By the way, the AY cheap business class (I) fares are usually 200€ cheaper if ex-BUD or ex-TLL, ex-PRG is usually 100€ cheaper than the rest.

Good thinking, some of those weren't in the list of origins I checked. Will have some more time to go through this when I get home this evening. I did check PRG however.

pythonisman Feb 7, 2019 6:37 am

I wonder if it'd be useful as a post with a Wiki that could be maintained, including date ranges for various deals etc?

RollAnotherFatOne Feb 7, 2019 6:49 am

It may or may not be of interest but on the BA forum they have a premium deals section which shows best offers on BA and one world partners. Please don't take this as a criticism or smart comment - I'm not saying content there is better or the same.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1948468-premium-fare-deals-2019-edition.html

thebigben Feb 7, 2019 6:55 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman (Post 30749733)
I wonder if it'd be useful as a post with a Wiki that could be maintained, including date ranges for various deals etc?

That would make sense. I figured a wiki with links to posts that have more details could make it a nice index but also allow for details to be added.

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne (Post 30749767)
It may or may not be of interest but on the BA forum they have a premium deals section which shows best offers on BA and one world partners. Please don't take this as a criticism or smart comment - I'm not saying content there is better or the same.

Makes sense, I'm sure they would be interested but I thought that other OneWorld members would also be intrested. Anyone is free to share it there, otherwise I will make it a post when I get the chance.

Lizie Feb 7, 2019 7:09 am

Agree would be great as a wiki. Not sure how manageable a post would become once a few posters start commenting on different routes.

DoctorORD Feb 7, 2019 7:21 am

Not finding AMS-BKK as per your post?

Etxebas Feb 7, 2019 8:26 am

Originally Posted by thebigben (Post 30749626)
I apologise since this is a different format, please do close if it's not allowed but I am finding many deals, some of which weren't on the forum, and in this case, checking each fare individually against what already exists and posting different threads for each would take significantly more time than finding which good premium fares are current. I will do my best to keep this first post updated.

I am doing this since I've got my loyalty with OneWorld and am generally keen to depart anywhere in Europe, and I hope this proves to be useful for people with similar interests. I am doing my best to mentally filter what is a unusually good fare given the destination at hand, for example, going to Japan or flying on Cathay is usually more expensive, but please do provide feedback when you can.

If anything is of interest, you should be able to find the fare in Google Flights in order to get a better idea of dates and connections. If this thread proves of interest, I can also spend the time to write more detailed descriptions for those.

Middle-east:

IB MAD-TLV £571

Asia:

BA AMS-BKK £1,276
QR OSL-BKK £1,419
CX ARN-HKG £1,442
QR PRG-NRT £1,754
AY AMS to (most of) Japan from £1,739
AY OSL to (most of) Japan from £1,797

North America:

AY/BA WAW-JFK £1,347
AY/BA ARN-LAX £1,654
AY/BA WAW-SEA £1,672
AY/BA ARN-SFO £1,763
AY/BA OSL-HNL £1,847

South America:

IB PMI-CCS £1,366
IB MAD-BOG £1,449
IB MAD-LIM £1,464
IB MAD-UIO £1,484

Oceania:

CX ARN-BNE £1,840

I think it is a great idea as I am generally interested in any Oneworld deals ex-EU. Thanks!

zip10001 Feb 7, 2019 8:37 am

May I suggest to convert the fares to for ex-EU flights?

dsf Feb 7, 2019 8:47 am

I kinda like the idea but I think it undervalues the utility of subject lines. Subjects allow a very simple and uncrowded way to filter out deals folk are not interested in, whereas repeatedly consulting a long wiki, opening post, or frequently updated thread for new/changed deals feels like it will take more mental energy and time — there's no way for an individual to know, when it goes bold and jumps to the top, whether it's of interest to them without clicking through. If it becomes the primary place for OW deals I fear it'll become harder to keep up, not easier.

Barkinpark Feb 7, 2019 9:11 am

Originally Posted by elventhor (Post 30749669)
Also, you can usually force an extra layover (up to 24h) in, say Fukuoka and fly JAL 777 FUK-TYO. (Note, no A350 in HEL-FUK for the moment)

Is this possible with KIX either as the stopover point or destination?

A380PM Feb 7, 2019 9:23 am

QR ARN to SIN £1400

mosfet Feb 7, 2019 9:38 am

Thumbs up from me!

If possible could be useful to put the fare code next to routes?

Thanks for this!