Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Can anyone see the fare rules? What’s the cancellation options ? And do they do a cooling off after booking for 24hrs!?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Can anyone see the fare rules? What’s the cancellation options ? And do they do a cooling off after booking for 24hrs!?
if u try to book u can see the cacellation fee.

Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
They are ultra long at over 81 inches. But lack privacy (not a big issue IMO).
Good fare, pity it's not OneWorld. I have no need for Star status (already LT *G), and privacy is pretty high on my list of needs in long-haul business class.

I'll wait for something OW, however I could be tempted to book CAI-DPS-CAI on the TK 789 for USD $1,194. New 1-2-1 layout in bus class. https://www.google.com/flights#flt=C...8*2.AUD.168508
tropikey likes this.

Last edited by Grace B; Feb 6, 2019 at 11:32 pm
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Grace B
Good fare, pity it's not OneWorld. I have no need for Star status (already LT *G), and privacy is pretty high on my list of needs in long-haul business class.
It's all much of a muchness. The full forward seats on Air China are a step up from Lufthansa's or United's offerings (the 2-2-2 angled in pairs towards the aisle or window). And TBH they are pretty much just as private as reverse herringbone. Only the Qsuites or Apex Suites would offer more privacy in terms of eye contact.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: LH SEN
Nice deal, thank you!! Is there any window seat with aisle access on 747-8 and 787-9? (FRA-AKL)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ben63266
Nice deal, thank you!! Is there any window seat with aisle access on 747-8 and 787-9? (FRA-AKL)
Don't think so - only CA's A350s have 1-2-1 config with direct aisle access from window
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seriously tempted by this. Europe to AKL for £1,450 pp over Christmas is an absolute steal...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I'll check out the other forums / reviews etc, but is there anything about CA that should warn me off them even given this extremely good price?
I do not find the food to my liking unfortunately, both the chinese and the western dishes.

Recently, I also got bombarded with the Chinese New Year greeting on the TV non-stop before take-off (with an hour's delay) and landing.

But the in-flight service is good I would say.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denkigroove

if u try to book u can see the cacellation fee.

I thought this but too good to be true ?! Fully refundable less EUR150.00 is very generous ?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought this but too good to be true ?! Fully refundable less EUR150.00 is very generous ?
Nope. That sounds about right for CA.

By way of comparison CI is charging EUR200 for a heavily discounted biz class ex Europe.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Nope. That sounds about right for CA.

By way of comparison CI is charging EUR200 for a heavily discounted biz class ex Europe.
Is the cancellation per ticket (i.e. per person) or per sector per person?
Edit: Or per direction?

If it's per person I might just bite the bullet and see if anything better doesn't come along!

Last edited by pythonisman; Feb 7, 2019 at 3:46 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Aaaand booked. Tried really hard not to but £1,452pp was just too good to ignore, even with the horrible connection times.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would the 13 hrs in PEK allow enough time to whizz into the city and back to the airport ?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would the 13 hrs in PEK allow enough time to whizz into the city and back to the airport ?
If they allow you in. Multiple reports now that 'short' stays of under 8 hours being routinely refused an entry permit. Stays up to 12-15 hours are also getting refused an entry permit. Having a pre-booked tour may help, so might a pre-booked hotel (unless you have a visa)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
If they allow you in. Multiple reports now that 'short' stays of under 8 hours being routinely refused an entry permit. Stays up to 12-15 hours are also getting refused an entry permit. Having a pre-booked tour may help, so might a pre-booked hotel.
I recently did this trip (December 2018) from LHR - MEL on CA with a 8 hour layover each way. Left the airport both times with no issues, although need to allow about 2h from landing to collect the layover visa to leave the airport and clear immigration (two different queues). CA provides you a driver (free of charge for J pax) that will take you pretty much anywhere in Beijing and then another driver will return to collect you. You just need to give them an address for drop off and pick up (we just used centrally located hotels). For a Great Wall trip (which is doable with an 8hour layover) you can book specific layover tours, where a driver collects you from PEK, takes you to the wall (Mutianyu section is the closest) and then returns you to the airport with time for a shower before your next leg.
mikeyfly, Justin Case and Aston100 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.