FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   JL ORD/JFK to BKK around $2500 in business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1954855-jl-ord-jfk-bkk-around-2500-business.html)

asiadiver Feb 5, 2019 11:05 pm

JL ORD/JFK to BKK around $2500 in business

Found some JL flights on Google flights priced around $2800 searching March - May. Have to book through AA to get this price. Checked AA vacations added the cheapest hostel and price dropped to just under $2500. Can add some additional legs for a few more $. Books into I* qualifying for AA special fares. I booked ORD - BOS - NRT - BKK - NRT - ORD.

39,126 EQM
$3912 EQD

Also saw NRT - DFW - ORD which adds 950 miles to the trip.

RichardInSF Feb 6, 2019 5:51 pm

So my question is the same as when this fare showed up from LAX: How do you get a website to add the stopover in one direction in Tokyo without the fare going crazy; i.e., how to do it for just a "few more $" as you say?

So far, I've tried it on the JAL website, ITA, and google flights and none works.

asiadiver Feb 6, 2019 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 30748160)
So my question is the same as when this fare showed up from LAX: How do you get a website to add the stopover in one direction in Tokyo without the fare going crazy; i.e., how to do it for just a "few more $" as you say?

So far, I've tried it on the JAL website, ITA, and google flights and none works.

I booked through aavacations.com. Sorry for the confusion, but I did not mean you could add a stopover for a few more $. When you search aavacations, it gives you different flight/hotel options. I chose ORD - BOS - NRT - BKK - NRT - ORD with the cheapest shared room hostel (just wont check in), total cost $2541. For around $10 more you can route ORD - BOS - NRT - BKK - NRT - DFW - ORD for about 950 more miles.

Example: ORD - BKK 2/14-2/19 from $2494.

https://book.aavacations.com/apps/sh...yzj/outbound/1

Barkinpark Feb 7, 2019 6:00 am

Is there a way to create a stopover in NRT for a few days? If so, how?

asiadiver Feb 7, 2019 6:40 am

It might be possible to call aa vacations and a stop over. According to this thread you can call to do some more complex routings.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1712489-aa-reduced-j-prices-europe-when-purchasing-via-aa-vacations.html

HeidiInTheAlps Feb 7, 2019 7:55 am

Where did this fare show up from LAX?
And I also am keen to book a week in NRT, if I could start from Europe, even better.

RichardInSF Feb 7, 2019 8:15 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps (Post 30749956)
And I also am keen to book a week in NRT, if I could start from Europe, even better.

I found it in this forum but it doesn't seem to be here any more. I am getting a $2800 fare on the JAL web site in J for next August with the routing SFO-TYO-BKK or KUL-TYO-SFO but no stopover allowed in TYO. Also requires transfer between NRT and HND.

peterk814 Feb 7, 2019 10:48 am

how are you geting a higher EQD than the ticket price?

NYC Flyer Feb 7, 2019 11:29 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps (Post 30749956)

Published fare: https://flights.app.goo.gl/3Ed3d

For EQD hounds, similar pricing on bulk fares can be had as well.

NYC Flyer Feb 7, 2019 11:37 am

Stopover is $100 additional. May not be autopricing, so have to go the old fashioned route. Call AA or TA.

RichardInSF Feb 7, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer (Post 30750745)
Stopover is $100 additional. May not be autopricing, so have to go the old fashioned route. Call AA or TA.

Thanks, definitely not autopricing, I add in the stopover and it goes from $2800 to $4800 or higher! Google flights and ITA don't even see JAL (at least not for me) so I guess there is a feud going on. Expert flyer doesn't see the fare either so I can't easily see the rule there. The AA site doesn't show the fare, it only appears on the JL site.

NYC Flyer Feb 7, 2019 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 30750907)
Expert flyer doesn't see the fare either so I can't easily see the rule there. The AA site doesn't show the fare, it only appears on the JL site.

The fare is an AA fare. It's on Expert Flyer. I did find it on AA.com as well, but with a double cnx. (LAX-SAN-TYO-BKK).

764toHI Feb 7, 2019 1:36 pm

Great fare to BKK for Songkran!

tenant13 Feb 7, 2019 2:23 pm

What would have happened if I just stayed in Japan for a month? Book this fare on AAvacations including a cheap hotel in BKK for 3-4 nights but get off in Narita and (possibly) go to Thailand much later, chill in Japan for a month and catch a returning flight either from BKK as originally intended or Narita. Would they ban me from flying forever?

Babybluejeans Feb 7, 2019 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by tenant13 (Post 30751405)
What would have happened if I just stayed in Japan for a month? Book this fare on AAvacations including a cheap hotel in BKK for 3-4 nights but get off in Narita and (possibly) go to Thailand much later, chill in Japan for a month and catch a returning flight either from BKK as originally intended or Narita. Would they ban me from flying forever?

Banning wouldn't be your concern--they'd have already canceled your later flights after you no-showed the connecting flight. Your concern would be that you're stuck in BKK or NRT without a return ticket, unless you are able to reinstate the itinerary after paying a high reinstatement fee.