Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

JL ORD/JFK to BKK around $2500 in business

Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Found some JL flights on Google flights priced around $2800 searching March - May. Have to book through AA to get this price. Checked AA vacations added the cheapest hostel and price dropped to just under $2500. Can add some additional legs for a few more $. Books into I* qualifying for AA special fares. I booked ORD - BOS - NRT - BKK - NRT - ORD.

39,126 EQM
$3912 EQD

Also saw NRT - DFW - ORD which adds 950 miles to the trip.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

So my question is the same as when this fare showed up from LAX: How do you get a website to add the stopover in one direction in Tokyo without the fare going crazy; i.e., how to do it for just a "few more $" as you say?

So far, I've tried it on the JAL website, ITA, and google flights and none works.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
So my question is the same as when this fare showed up from LAX: How do you get a website to add the stopover in one direction in Tokyo without the fare going crazy; i.e., how to do it for just a "few more $" as you say?

So far, I've tried it on the JAL website, ITA, and google flights and none works.
I booked through aavacations.com. Sorry for the confusion, but I did not mean you could add a stopover for a few more $. When you search aavacations, it gives you different flight/hotel options. I chose ORD - BOS - NRT - BKK - NRT - ORD with the cheapest shared room hostel (just wont check in), total cost $2541. For around $10 more you can route ORD - BOS - NRT - BKK - NRT - DFW - ORD for about 950 more miles.

Example: ORD - BKK 2/14-2/19 from $2494.

https://book.aavacations.com/apps/sh...yzj/outbound/1
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:00 am

Is there a way to create a stopover in NRT for a few days? If so, how?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:40 am
Original Poster

It might be possible to call aa vacations and a stop over. According to this thread you can call to do some more complex routings.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1712489-aa-reduced-j-prices-europe-when-purchasing-via-aa-vacations.html
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles

Where did this fare show up from LAX?
And I also am keen to book a week in NRT, if I could start from Europe, even better.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
And I also am keen to book a week in NRT, if I could start from Europe, even better.
I found it in this forum but it doesn't seem to be here any more. I am getting a $2800 fare on the JAL web site in J for next August with the routing SFO-TYO-BKK or KUL-TYO-SFO but no stopover allowed in TYO. Also requires transfer between NRT and HND.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
how are you geting a higher EQD than the ticket price?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Published fare: https://flights.app.goo.gl/3Ed3d

For EQD hounds, similar pricing on bulk fares can be had as well.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:37 am

Stopover is $100 additional. May not be autopricing, so have to go the old fashioned route. Call AA or TA.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Stopover is $100 additional. May not be autopricing, so have to go the old fashioned route. Call AA or TA.
Thanks, definitely not autopricing, I add in the stopover and it goes from $2800 to $4800 or higher! Google flights and ITA don't even see JAL (at least not for me) so I guess there is a feud going on. Expert flyer doesn't see the fare either so I can't easily see the rule there. The AA site doesn't show the fare, it only appears on the JL site.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Feb 7, 2019 at 12:25 pm
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:05 pm

Expert flyer doesn't see the fare either so I can't easily see the rule there. The AA site doesn't show the fare, it only appears on the JL site.
The fare is an AA fare. It's on Expert Flyer. I did find it on AA.com as well, but with a double cnx. (LAX-SAN-TYO-BKK).
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Great fare to BKK for Songkran!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:23 pm

What would have happened if I just stayed in Japan for a month? Book this fare on AAvacations including a cheap hotel in BKK for 3-4 nights but get off in Narita and (possibly) go to Thailand much later, chill in Japan for a month and catch a returning flight either from BKK as originally intended or Narita. Would they ban me from flying forever?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by tenant13
What would have happened if I just stayed in Japan for a month? Book this fare on AAvacations including a cheap hotel in BKK for 3-4 nights but get off in Narita and (possibly) go to Thailand much later, chill in Japan for a month and catch a returning flight either from BKK as originally intended or Narita. Would they ban me from flying forever?
Banning wouldn't be your concern--they'd have already canceled your later flights after you no-showed the connecting flight. Your concern would be that you're stuck in BKK or NRT without a return ticket, unless you are able to reinstate the itinerary after paying a high reinstatement fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.