Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA : SIN -> LAX - $2000 USD in J roundtrip

Old Jan 16, 19, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Spotted on flights:
https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...9*2.GBP.156229

Decent amount of date flexibility with some dates being a few hundred more roundtrip. The usual disclaimer : I've never flown CA. 18+ hours of lie flat goodness awaits! I cannot comment on the quality of their lie flats, lounges or other services. However, this fare should earn you a visit to the Polaris lounge during your departure from LAX. Per Expedia the flight books into R class.

Safe Travels,

James

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 16, 19 at 10:27 pm Reason: Delete off topic OMNI political.
Old Jan 16, 19, 10:17 pm

You can get to $1650 or so on this route on MF (Xiamen) for sporadic dates but nonrefundable and nonchangeable and lots of travel thru second tier Chinese cities on a 737.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 16, 19, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT GLD, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
You can get to $1650 or so on this route on MF (Xiamen) for sporadic dates but nonrefundable and nonchangeable and lots of travel thru second tier Chinese cities on a 737.
As if Air China wasn't bad enough but Xiamen? Come on...
Old Jan 16, 19, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
On a side note, I generally avoid posting deals I find from MF and other regional Chinese airlines unless the deal is really off the charts. Would there be any interest in sharing those deals?

-James
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 2:39 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
According to this report Review

All things considered, Xiamen Air offers a solid business class product. Iíd argue itís the most well rounded business class product offered by any airline in mainland China. Between the reverse herringbone seats, free wifi, professional service, and efficient and tasty meal service, they really impress me.

So, MF certainly not the worst option.
wxman22 and Pocatello like this.
Old Jan 18, 19, 12:53 am

Programs: air new zealand
Originally Posted by Gobber View Post

All things considered, Xiamen Air offers a solid business class product. Iíd argue itís the most well rounded business class product offered by any airline in mainland China. Between the reverse herringbone seats, free wifi, professional service, and efficient and tasty meal service, they really impress me.

So, MF certainly not the worst option.

//agree
xiamen is a smaller but elegant airline. good soft and hard products.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 19, 19, 6:54 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
This one has been around for about 8 months now. I flew this over Xmas new year as $2600SGD for J seemed exceptional for departing Singapore, especially for *A.

it was a surprisingly good experience. Planes were nice, staff were accommodating and food on both the western and Chinese menus were really good.

menus look like a 1970ís Brochure for AA, pixelated pictures and profiles of the sommeliers etc.. canít help but feel with a little gloss the whole thing would be a bit classier and theyíd be able to price up a little.

PEK was eerily quiet the two times we stopped over and there isnít a lot to do so the 5.5h wait can be tedious... one tip for the PEK lounge is they donít have a differentiated view on J or F passengers. So your boarding pass will get you into the F lounge.. which isnít much different from the J lounge except it has fewer people in it.

our flights were on time despite hearing that theyíre notorious for delays ex PEK and overall it was a pleasant experience that Iíd do again
Old Jan 19, 19, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by stephem View Post
Can you show any examples? I can only find ~$2,900 flights using Google Flights.
Old Jan 20, 19, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by ttep View Post
This one has been around for about 8 months now. I flew this over Xmas new year as $2600SGD for J seemed exceptional for departing Singapore, especially for *A.

it was a surprisingly good experience. Planes were nice, staff were accommodating and food on both the western and Chinese menus were really good.

menus look like a 1970ís Brochure for AA, pixelated pictures and profiles of the sommeliers etc.. canít help but feel with a little gloss the whole thing would be a bit classier and theyíd be able to price up a little.

PEK was eerily quiet the two times we stopped over and there isnít a lot to do so the 5.5h wait can be tedious... one tip for the PEK lounge is they donít have a differentiated view on J or F passengers. So your boarding pass will get you into the F lounge.. which isnít much different from the J lounge except it has fewer people in it.

our flights were on time despite hearing that theyíre notorious for delays ex PEK and overall it was a pleasant experience that Iíd do again
I just flew CA SGN-PEK-MXP over Christmas. Best wine by far, very good food. Service couldn't be better.
But best of all, NO STINKIN ANNOUNCEMENTS from 20 minutes after TO to 30 minutes before landing. NOT ONE. Every so often, the bells would chime to signify a change in the seat best status. BUT NO ANNOUNCEMENTS.
On DL I have to hear announcements in three languages every 30 minutes.

In the last 2 years, I've flown J on DL, Korean Air, Japan Air, Air France, China Eastern and no Air China. The food may be better on the other airlines, but the service on the two Chinese airlines could not have been better. And both, MU and CA made no announcements during the flights. They have my business.
Old Jan 20, 19, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
On a side note, I generally avoid posting deals I find from MF and other regional Chinese airlines unless the deal is really off the charts. Would there be any interest in sharing those deals?
Sure, why not post MF?
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 20, 19, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I would like to see Xiamen Air - MF postings. They have a good rating at SkyTrax.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: