Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: LHR-> JNB for 2600 GBP in F roundtrip

Old Jan 16, 19, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Silver....that's about it

Found on google flights, worth depends on how you rate BA F but is by far the cheapest I could find, uses the B787 so their newest hard product I believe.

Great availability for pretty much all year

Linky
Old Jan 16, 19, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks for the post Reload.
For clarification, BA now operates up to 3 times a day to JNB from LHR with a B788, A380 and B744 serving the route depending on time of year (2 x A380's during SA Summer). Only the B744 and A380's have F, the B788 only has Business, Economy Plus and Economy.
While the fare maybe good for LHR-JNB direct, with a little planning fares from an ex-EU starting point routing AMS-LHR-JNB are available with BA from around 1,200 return and anybody with spare Avios or GUF's can look to upgrade to F on points which would be better value.

Pilot37
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 16, 19, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Silver....that's about it
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
Thanks for the post Reload.
For clarification, BA now operates up to 3 times a day to JNB from LHR with a B788, A380 and B744 serving the route depending on time of year (2 x A380's during SA Summer). Only the B744 and A380's have F, the B788 only has Business, Economy Plus and Economy.
While the fare maybe good for LHR-JNB direct, with a little planning fares from an ex-EU starting point routing AMS-LHR-JNB are available with BA from around 1,200 return and anybody with spare Avios or GUF's can look to upgrade to F on points which would be better value.

Pilot37
Thanks for the heads up, I was only browsing direct flights this morning and this seemed cheap in comparison. Ironically I live about 2 hours drive from AMS so that would be my starting airport anyway. I don't have any Avios unfortunately but you're quite correct that often a stopover in the itinerary would result in a cheaper flight.
Old Jan 16, 19, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I was only browsing direct flights this morning and this seemed cheap in comparison. Ironically I live about 2 hours drive from AMS so that would be my starting airport anyway. I don't have any Avios unfortunately but you're quite correct that often a stopover in the itinerary would result in a cheaper flight.
In this case its more that LON is an expensive departure point in premium cabins due to the comparatively high levels of APD
Old Jan 17, 19, 12:46 am

BA F earns so many AS miles though...
Old Jan 17, 19, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
BA F earns so many AS miles though...
SA is pretty good in general. Even for BAEC! I've got LHR-CPT in F this Spring and it nets around 43,000 Avios (as a Gold) and 480TP. If I'd been more experimental with an OTP departure or something then it'd be a pretty nifty TP run (especially as it cost 1750 directly out of London, including a car).
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
SA is pretty good in general. Even for BAEC! I've got LHR-CPT in F this Spring and it nets around 43,000 Avios (as a Gold) and 480TP. If I'd been more experimental with an OTP departure or something then it'd be a pretty nifty TP run (especially as it cost 1750 directly out of London, including a car).
I don't know much about Avios, but on AS this trip would earn over 25k status miles (enough for MVP status in a single trip) and over 45k (+ status bonus -- more like 55k for me) redeemable miles.

Traveling SFO to JNB round trip, booking into A (which can be found for a little over $6k US) will earn over 50k elite miles (enough for Gold) and over 90k (110k if you are already gold) redeemable miles. That's more than enough for a round trip business class ticket from the US to anywhere in Asia on CX.
Flying for Fun likes this.