Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SKYTEAM: ATL-BOM (R/T) $2058 USD (Expedia package)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SKYTEAM: ATL-BOM (R/T) $2058 USD (Expedia package)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rj123456

Delta Mileage Credit Request Screen

My eTicket receipt definitely said "Z" but here all the flights are showing up as C (and without their DL codeshare numbers). Shows they have earned 0 across the board. Should I click "Submit"?
Based on the fact that Delta sold you the ticket on Delta stock (006), this page:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...a.html/#flight

indicates that you'll get credit based on Delta's earnings chart, not the partner chart.

You may get more value from VS or the FB program.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Please let us know how your mileage credit request goes with DL.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by ChuckieB
Based on the fact that Delta sold you the ticket on Delta stock (006), this page:

indicates that you'll get credit based on Delta's earnings chart, not the partner chart.

Hmmm...mine booked into Z. Looks like yours maybe hasn't fully ticketed yet. Did you check back a few hours later? I verified 3 times with Delta that mine would earn 27,000+ FF miles.

ATL
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Multiple cities to BOM

Just a heads up that I found many dates and cities to BOM that work. I am a United guy and am actually able to find AUS-EWR-BOM for $5200 total for two people with a stay at a 5 star hotel (I need this for one night). Incredible pricing. I saw many days that have SkyTeam tickets but it does take a lot of time to mess around with dates to find things.

I am not going until Jan 2020 so I am holding out hope this is available when I can book.

Last edited by NDtraveler; Jan 31, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
Just a heads up that I found many dates and cities to BOM that work. I am a United guy and am actually able to find AUS-EWR-BOM for $5200 total for two people with a stay at a 5 star hotel (I need this for one night). Incredible pricing. I saw many days that have SkyTeam tickets but it does take a lot of time to mess around with dates to find things.

I am not going until Jan 2020 so I am holding out hope this is available when I can book.
Thanks. Very good fare.

Details or link ?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
I searched the following cities

Austin
DFW
IAH
DEN
SFO

To BOM random days in September, October, and December with a 15 to 20 day trip. Skyteam flights can drive this down from $5200 to $4700 or so. The one below is going through Munich because I forgot which days were Austin EWR BOM

See image
nickohrn likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ChuckieB

As someone else has pointed out these are supposed to be Exception Fares and Delta has a different chart. I pressed the trigger on it and will see what DL comes up with.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Hmmm...mine booked into Z. Looks like yours maybe hasn't fully ticketed yet. Did you check back a few hours later? I verified 3 times with Delta that mine would earn 27,000+ FF miles.

ATL
So 200% according to the DL Exception chart?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:33 pm

No 200% for DL marketed 006 codeshare partner flights!

So 200% according to the DL Exception chart?
I flew two segments on Jet and one on KL all on a DL marketed ticket on DL stock. Pulled the trigger and submitted an online credit form and it's not good news, only 5595 miiles. Good if all you are after is MQMs. Also, no Gold Medallion bonus seems to have posted.

CMB TO BOM
MQMs 16,028 MQSs 3 MQDs $1,119
BASE MILES 5,595
BONUS MILES -- NOT APPLICABLE

TOTAL MILES
CMB TO BOM 1,419 1 $99 495 Reward Method R
Delta Air Lines 50% MQM Bonus BONUS MQMs 473

BOM TO AMS
6,399 1 $447 2,235 Reward Method R
Delta Air Lines 50% MQM Bonus BONUS MQMs 2,133

AMS TO SFO
8,210 1 $573 2,865 Reward Method R
Delta Air Lines 50% MQM Bonus BONUS MQMs 2,737

Reward Method "R = Mileage earned based on ticket price"
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

i think so. It's a KLM flight but i fly no KLM metal on it. I fly the new 777 with SkySuites from ATL-CDG and AF to India. Fly Joon back to Paris and then Delta back to US. I confirmed 3 times with the Delta agents and all said the same thing: 27,000+ fare. Delta calls this a "bulk fare". That's what each agent told me.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Wow, mine is getting 50K miles and 27K MQMs.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:13 pm

Just make sure there are no DL flight numbers.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I flew two segments on Jet and one on KL all on a DL marketed ticket on DL stock. Pulled the trigger and submitted an online credit form and it's not good news, only 5595 miiles. Good if all you are after is MQMs. Also, no Gold Medallion bonus seems to have posted.

CMB TO BOM
BASE MILES 5,595

TOTAL MILES

BOM TO AMS

AMS TO SFO

Probably because it was purchased as DL flight numbers.

To maximize DL RDM earnings with partners it is usually best to book with partner marketed flight #s , not Delta ones

Delta's own flight numbers are calculated using miles per dollar spent, which is what they seem to have applied to your case, unfortunately
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Delta Mileage Credit Request Screen

My eTicket receipt definitely said "Z" but here all the flights are showing up as C (and without their DL codeshare numbers). Shows they have earned 0 across the board. Should I click "Submit"?

CMB TO BOM
BASE MILES 5,595

TOTAL MILES

BOM TO AMS

AMS TO SFO

Ah, that sucks, but it's what I was afraid was gonna happen based on your description.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
i think so. It's a KLM flight but i fly no KLM metal on it. I fly the new 777 with SkySuites from ATL-CDG and AF to India. Fly Joon back to Paris and then Delta back to US. I confirmed 3 times with the Delta agents and all said the same thing: 27,000+ fare. Delta calls this a "bulk fare". That's what each agent told me.
This means that Expedia or whomever you bought it from didn't sell a published fare of the airline. They simply bought seats in bulk from the airline and then sold them at whatever price they wanted. You can tell it's a bulk fare when you pull up the receipt online at Delta. It won't show a fare amount. Bulk fares only effect earnings on DL marketed flights.

If this was a published fare and crediting to DL then earnings are quite simple. You earn based on marketing carrier code (the two letters before the flight number). However non-DL marketed flights must be operated by a Skyteam partner to get credit. Thus a 9W operated flight marketed as DL or 9W gets credit, the same flight marketed as any other carrier, including AF/KL, gets no credit. In the latter, 9W isn't Skyteam, thus it doesn't meet that requirement for partner marketed flights.

BTW, The ticketing carrier no longer matters for DL Skymiles. It can be issued on DL 006, KL 074 or UA 012 stock and earnings wont change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.