Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SKYTEAM: ATL-BOM (R/T) $2058 USD (Expedia package)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime

Hi - i just booked ATL-BOM on Expedia with hotel/flight package. Basically got a throw away hotel for 1 night. Airfare plus hostel night was $2058. It took forever to find dates that DIDN'T have Jet metal on the Asia-Euro legs. It took me about 3 hours of playing around with dates.

Basically, the best date left is 5/28-6/4. I would've booked this except that i have a conference that June week in Barcelona. the rest of the dates are in mid to late July. Try Monday-Monday or Tues-Tues to get best price. Or Monday to Tuesday of next week. That usually works well too. I haven't checked Aug or Sept.

Do not book routes with Jet metal on it, as Skyteam partners won't compensate for Jet metal unless booked and marketed through them. Since this is marketed via Expedia, no credit. Best price i've ever paid for that route. The tickets that work have Delta or AF metal from US to EU and always AF(Joon) to/from India. It may say KLM but it's Joon equipment. This is the only routing that gives full credit.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Do not book routes with Jet metal on it, as Skyteam partners won't compensate for Jet metal unless booked and marketed through them. Since this is marketed via Expedia, no credit. Best price i've ever paid for that route. The tickets that work have Delta or AF metal from US to EU and always AF(Joon) to/from India. It may say KLM but it's Joon equipment. This is the only routing that gives full credit.
Regarding DL Skymiles, this is not a true statement. Jet (9W) can earn RDM, MQM, MQS, and MQD as long as its booked in a listed eligible fare bucket:

Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:35 pm

These flights are not considered to be marketed by Expedia - they are always marketed by an airline. When searching the flights, you can check who the flight is marketed by. In the example below, it shows "Delta 7527 operated by Jet Airways," which means it's marketed by Delta.

Jet Airways flights will give credit as long as they are marketed by Jet or Delta. On a similar note, Air France/KLM flights marketed by Jet Airways will not earn credit.
Pocatello and WanderingQuin like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Is this only ex ATL ?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
I noticed some out of LAS and LAX to BOM and DEL for a similar price on Expedia. Most of the low priced flights appeared to be marketed by DL or UA however, there were a few for $20-$50 more that were marketed by AF on DL and AF metal. Unfortunately the AF segments to/from India that I found were flown on the A340 with angled seats.

I was really hoping to find one operated on KL metal round trip however those were pricing about for $1k more.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Is it possible to book open jaw ticket on expedia to take advantage of this deal? I can find this fare DEL round trip and BOM roundtrip, but I want to fly into DEL and out of BOM. Is it possible with Bundle and Save package?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:53 pm

Also saw DTW-DEL for as low as 1700 in May with Delta/KLM/AF.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kalpesh725
Also saw DTW-DEL for as low as 1700 in May with Delta/KLM/AF.
Pls share the dates you found, having a hard time finding below $2300.
boss315 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ChuckieB
Pls share the dates you found, having a hard time finding below $2300.
Ah, never mind, found some. 19th-25th pricing as low as $1600 w/1 hostel night, $1700 28May-3Jun.

Anybody see anything out of WAS?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Why am I loyal to OW? Great..no stupendous prices!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:55 am

Good find! I am looking for something out of WAS in the next 6 months in this price range. If any one stumbles on something, let us know.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by ChuckieB
Ah, never mind, found some. 19th-25th pricing as low as $1600 w/1 hostel night, $1700 28May-3Jun.

Anybody see anything out of WAS?
Yup, late may were the dates that I searched as well (19-31). 1 hostel night.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by nepats
Good find! I am looking for something out of WAS in the next 6 months in this price range. If any one stumbles on something, let us know.
There's some destinations in Africa that were pricing out pretty low if you're destination-agnostic. NBO, JNB, and CPT might be worth a look. You might have to play with the dates a bit as the prices can vary pretty wildly.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
There's some destinations in Africa that were pricing out pretty low if you're destination-agnostic. NBO, JNB, and CPT might be worth a look. You might have to play with the dates a bit as the prices can vary pretty wildly.
Thanks. I will check them out!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by nickohrn
What kind of pricing did you see?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.