Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SKYTEAM: ATL-BOM (R/T) $2058 USD (Expedia package)

SKYTEAM: ATL-BOM (R/T) $2058 USD (Expedia package)

Old Feb 20, 19, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Even for a fairly experienced FTer, this is a complicated fare: If crediting to SkyMiles, for the most mileage possible-- you need: a) No Delta flight numbers, only KL/AF and also b) no Jet Airways-operated segments.
Is that pretty much it?
Old Feb 20, 19, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
For some reason my Jet segment on the DEL-BOM leg credited. I don't understand why, but it did.

Last year i bought a Delta flight -- from delta.com -- and Jet segment didn't credit because it was not marketed by Delta... i wasn't aware of that rule and nothing pops up to tell you when purchasing either.

Now I check the mileage calculator each time on delta.com b4 purchasing.
ChuckieB likes this.
Old Apr 8, 19, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL FO
Regarding this expedia package, what happens if you do not check into the hotel? Will the return leg be cancelled?
Old Apr 9, 19, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Fes426 View Post
Regarding this expedia package, what happens if you do not check into the hotel? Will the return leg be cancelled?
No - you don't ever have to set foot in the hotel.
Fes426 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 19, 1:14 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post
For some reason my Jet segment on the DEL-BOM leg credited. I don't understand why, but it did.

Last year i bought a Delta flight -- from delta.com -- and Jet segment didn't credit because it was not marketed by Delta... i wasn't aware of that rule and nothing pops up to tell you when purchasing either.

Now I check the mileage calculator each time on delta.com b4 purchasing.
If your DEL-BOM was a published flight by 9W, and, it was in one of the fare classes eligible for accrual in SkyMiles, then it SHOULD be credited (with any applicable MQM bonuses based on fare class).

Your 9W segment when purchased through DL, should have been credited for MOST cases, if the fare purchased was eligible for accrual according to the chart in SkyMiles.