Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CZ: LAX-PVG/PEK sub $1300 RT in J

CZ: LAX-PVG/PEK sub $1300 RT in J

Reply

Old Jan 10, 19, 8:19 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 108
CZ: LAX-PVG/PEK sub $1300 RT in J

Availability showing for March - May, maybe more. Prices out to $1256 on click through to CheapOAir. Sample google itinerary below:

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...3*2.USD.139973
Shadowfactor likes this.
George84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 12:16 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,102
Hurry up and join oneworld already :-)
olouie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 1:47 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Posts: 444
Best was $1400

I could not find a $1256 fare. I did find a few for $1400. Here is an example: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f Has anyone been able to find a similar fair to Asia from the East Coast? Or from Toronto?

Last edited by Madisonman39; Jan 10, 19 at 1:48 pm Reason: Added a question
Madisonman39 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 2:32 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Well, pretty sure such deal will be long lasting, as long as CZ still runs its LAX-SHE route, and btw, with pretty new A333s.

Except summer vacation
shining00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 6:14 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238
Not a good deal for Delta members. Delta only credits CZ with 100% MQMs on J fare -- unlike MU which gives 200%.

Better skymiile run from LAX to PVG is book Premium Select for $823 R/T. The food will be better than CZ biz class food and service will probably be as good if not better. And Prem Select gives 150% MQMs and mileage credit.
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 8:21 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 108
Good point. I prefer the CZ biz seat over the DL premium select 50% mile increase but YMMV.
George84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 10:06 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP 75k, AV Gold, SPG/Ritz Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 790
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post
Not a good deal for Delta members. Delta only credits CZ with 100% MQMs on J fare -- unlike MU which gives 200%.

Better skymiile run from LAX to PVG is book Premium Select for $823 R/T. The food will be better than CZ biz class food and service will probably be as good if not better. And Prem Select gives 150% MQMs and mileage credit.

Do you still earn DL miles now that CZ left skyteam?
FlyingFrZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 12:49 pm
  #8  
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, California,USA
Posts: 16,883
Originally Posted by George84 View Post
Availability showing for March - May, maybe more. Prices out to $1256 on click through to CheapOAir. Sample google itinerary below:

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...3*2.USD.139973
I just clicked on this and it came up as $1800.
RichardInSF is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 2:11 pm
  #9  
cmx
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SAN
Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AA Plat, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 186
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Do you still earn DL miles now that CZ left skyteam?
Post 2 (and others) in this thread says no more earning Delta miles on tickets ticketed or reissued post 1/1/19: china southern
cmx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 6:57 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by cmx View Post
Post 2 (and others) in this thread says no more earning Delta miles on tickets ticketed or reissued post 1/1/19: china southern

According to Delta's website you still earn 100%.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
cmx likes this.
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 19, 7:08 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 28,543
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post
According to Delta's website you still earn 100%.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
I'm guessing that hasn't been updated yet. If it were, they would at least point out that CZ is no longer a SkyTeam member.
cmx likes this.
moondog is online now  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread