Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: YYZ-GUA/LIR/SAL/SJO RT CAD$896 USD$657 Z Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold

Various limited dates btw now and May. Used ITA to force max MQM earn. Fare allows YYZ-JFK-LAX-GUA/LA destinations both directions. Got 767 and 330 D1 on both JFK-LAX segments. Z is 150% MQM which gives 13k+ MQM to GUA and a bit more to SAL/LIR/SJO resulting in 4 CPM range. Good MR in my book considering D1 and a few days sightseeing Latin America!

Booking: Used ITA to force routing then BookwithMatrix to generate custom flight request link at Dulta.com.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
MQDs?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mspflier
MQDs?
Sorry...I’m based in YYZ so I have the foreign MQD waiver. Not even fluent in how to calc MQD since they don’t apply to me.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
No worries. Thx very much for posting!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Various limited dates btw now and May. Used ITA to force max MQM earn. Fare allows YYZ-JFK-LAX-GUA/LA destinations both directions. Got 767 and 330 D1 on both JFK-LAX segments. Z is 150% MQM which gives 13k+ MQM to GUA and a bit more to SAL/LIR/SJO resulting in 4 CPM range. Good MR in my book considering D1 and a few days sightseeing Latin America!

Booking: Used ITA to force routing then BookwithMatrix to generate custom flight request link at Dulta.com.
Can you see it through Google Flight? Can you post a link?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Thanks for the post.

I am a newb with ITA. But I found what you described!

Last edited by Pocatello; Jan 8, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uela
Can you see it through Google Flight? Can you post a link?
Like I said, you’ll need to use ITA Matrix to find it. Google flights will not look for an LAX routing. Also, when searching dates, GF only does weeklong or weekend scans. In ITA, set the routing code to JFK LAX on outbound and LAX JFK return. To narrow to DL/Skyteam enter ALLIANCE SKYTEAM in extension box. Then use flexible date search (specify something like trip length 0-4 days depending how long you are willing to stay) and the change cabin to BUSINESS OR HIGHER. You will get a calendar view of flights.

Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Thanks for the original post.

I've been playing around in the Matrix since you posted this deal.

Thank you!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pocatello
Thanks for the original post.

I've been playing around in the Matrix since you posted this deal.

Thank you!
ITA is your friend. I can’t imagine life without it. It’s incredible what you can find with it. It can even help with MSL.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I'm interested to replicate this to see how much I will earn with flyingblue. Hoxever I am a little bit newbie with ITA Matrix. Can someone post a screenshot of an example? Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
I'm interested to replicate this to see how much I will earn with flyingblue. Hoxever I am a little bit newbie with ITA Matrix. Can someone post a screenshot of an example? Thanks!

Syntax

Results
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:49 pm

Thanks so much for this, I am new to the forum so forgive me for asking. After you find the fare, and ITA states that you need to contact travel agent, do you just directly book on the company's website using the dates and destination parameters or do you use a travel agent?
thank you!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by adelya11
Thanks so much for this, I am new to the forum so forgive me for asking. After you find the fare, and ITA states that you need to contact travel agent, do you just directly book on the company's website using the dates and destination parameters or do you use a travel agent?
thank you!
Check out BookWithMatrix.com - that's probably the most straightforward way to do it.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:51 pm

thank you
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nickohrn
Check out BookWithMatrix.com - that's probably the most straightforward way to do it.
Exactly! Book with matrix will default to flight network but if delta.com supports the itinerary as well, you can click the little down arrow next to flight network and choose book on delta.com and it will pass the exact flights to delta.com. The only difference is that if you are using Delta it will always price in whatever currency the travel originates in. So if you look up prices in US dollars and then go to delta.com for an itinerary that leaves out of Toronto, it’s going to price in CAD which should be fine. Remember if there’s anyway to book directly with the airline it’s always easier for them to make changes or accommodations later on if they so desire. Of course there’s times that you’ll have to book with an online travel agency (OTA), But the airlines hate touching tickets that have been issued by an agency.

Also if you use Chrome, book with matrix has an extension you can install so that you don’t have to copy and paste it. You just click the button in your toolbar. It works amazingly well.
Pocatello and adelya11 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.