FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1949936-qr-yul-bkk-kul-dad-j-qsuites-2-300-usd.html)

shintz Jan 8, 19 12:51 pm

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Seeing lots of dates Feb through May for about $2,300 roundtrip from Montreal (YUL) to Bangkok (BKK). Slightly higher for Kuala Lumpur (around $2,800 USD) and their new flight to Da Nang, Vietnam (DAD) around $2,900. Looks like SGN (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) is around $3,000 USD.

QSuites! QR flies a non-QSuite 777 to Montreal, but if you book on the QR website, they allow a lot of routings through ORD, JFK, and IAD, all of which have QSuites, for the same fare. You'll fly Air Canada from YUL to ORD/JFK/IAD (usually in business, but some flights appear to be coach-only), so it's an extra segment, but for many that will be worth it to fly the long haul in QSuites.

Google Flights only seems to show the direct YUL-DOH-BKK/KUL/DAD routings, but if you search on Qatarairways.com, you'll see many other itin options for the price.

kellejil Jan 8, 19 1:19 pm

THANKS good find

Gino Troian Jan 8, 19 1:38 pm

Great find! ^

NJSwamplands Jan 8, 19 1:50 pm

I love that I will take a return flight from JFK to YUL in order to take a flight with QR from YUL via JFK onward for a savings of $4,186 USD ( fare from booking JFK is $7,186 USD ).

Thanks OP

Edit: OP mentioned QSuites also available from IAD and ORD. For the dates I checked I do not see it that way on GF or SeatGuru

shintz Jan 8, 19 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands (Post 30628655)
I love that I will take a return flight from JFK to YUL in order to take a flight with QR from YUL via JFK onward for a savings of $4,186 USD ( fare from booking JFK is $7,186 USD ).

Thanks OP

Edit: OP mentioned QSuites also available from IAD and ORD. For the dates I checked I do not see it that way on GF or SeatGuru

Just curious, which dates are you not seeing QSuites on ORD and IAD? Both of those routes are supposed to be 100% QSuites.

nickohrn Jan 8, 19 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands (Post 30628655)

Thanks OP

Qsuites seem to be on ORD-DOH on the dates I checked. April 15th is one such date for YUL-ORD-DOH-BKK.

NJSwamplands Jan 8, 19 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by shintz (Post 30628780)

Just curious, which dates are you not seeing QSuites on ORD and IAD? Both of those routes are supposed to be 100% QSuites.

Fed 3rd outbound.

NJSwamplands Jan 8, 19 2:29 pm

And if I am reading this right the AC flight to NYC goes to LGA. Not sure they provide a shuttle or need to secure my own transport to JFK.

Once again, thanks OP.

shintz Jan 8, 19 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by nickohrn (Post 30628788)
Qsuites seem to be on ORD-DOH on the dates I checked. April 15th is one such date for YUL-ORD-DOH-BKK.

ExpertFlyer is showing both ORD and IAD to DOH on Feb 3 to be QSuites. Not sure I would trust Seatguru, they seem to have a lot of errors.

What is GF?

shintz Jan 8, 19 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands (Post 30628831)
And if I am reading this right the AC flight to NYC goes to LGA. Not sure they provide a shuttle or need to secure my own transport to JFK.

Once again, thanks OP.

Ah, good point. QR def would not provide transportation from LGA to JFK. I do believe I saw some routings where you could fly YUL to JFK on AA but you are right that the website shows a lot of LGA/JFK connections that Id want to avoid. Probably best to focus more on ORD and IAD routings for that reason, in addition to my personal desire to avoid JFK whenever possible, especially in winter!

NJSwamplands Jan 8, 19 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by shintz (Post 30628845)

ExpertFlyer is showing both ORD and IAD to DOH on Feb 3 to be QSuites. Not sure I would trust Seatguru, they seem to have a lot of errors.

What is GF?

Thanks for looking it up. But with QR they will probably swap the plane four times before the departure ;-)

GF = Google flights. Yes I know Seatguru is not known to be as accurate as ExpertFlyer but I do not have an upgraded account so I have to use my free daily allowance carefully.

NJSwamplands Jan 8, 19 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by shintz (Post 30628860)

Ah, good point. QR def would not provide transportation from LGA to JFK. I do believe I saw some routings where you could fly YUL to JFK on AA but you are right that the website shows a lot of LGA/JFK connections that I’d want to avoid. Probably best to focus more on ORD and IAD routings for that reason, in addition to my personal desire to avoid JFK whenever possible, especially in winter!

Then I have have to clear customs and immigration, lug my bags and enjoy a notoriously crowded road to JFK. I would have liked to try the A350-1000 QSuites versus the 777ER ones ( which are very pleasant but I enjoyed the quietness of the A350-900 series more ).

I have the same winter fears at ORD and YUL.

Repooc17 Jan 8, 19 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands (Post 30628888)
Then I have have to clear customs and immigration, lug my bags and enjoy a notoriously crowded road to JFK. I would have liked to try the A350-1000 QSuites versus the 777ER ones ( which are very pleasant but I enjoyed the quietness of the A350-900 series more ).

I have the same winter fears at ORD and YUL.

You would clear US immigration in Canada for your flight to NYC. There are no immigration setup at LGA anyway.

shintz Jan 8, 19 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands (Post 30628865)
Thanks for looking it up. But with QR they will probably swap the plane four times before the departure ;-)

GF = Google flights. Yes I know Seatguru is not known to be as accurate as ExpertFlyer but I do not have an upgraded account so I have to use my free daily allowance carefully.

FYI, I'm pretty sure if you use the main Expedia website (not their mobile version), you can preview seatmaps in the booking path for QR flights. Basically a free hack if you don't have access to ExpertFlyer.

chitink Jan 8, 19 2:59 pm

no holds are offered due to mixed airlines, is it still cancel able within 24 hours?