Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I just reread the T&C of Amex's IAP and don't recall seeing this before: "Travel must originate in and return to U.S. gateway (may exclude certain overseas territories) and select Canadian gateways." Surely Montreal must be a "select gateway". If anybody has a Platinum card and wants to price check an itinerary and report back for us...
I spoke with them briefly about what "select Canadian gateways" meant. Apparently several Canadian cities are valid for departure, but it depends on the airline you're booking with. For Delta/AF she quoted several cities including Montreal. For Qatar, she said only US cities were a valid starting point.

If anyone else hears differently, I'd love to know. It took several people before I got one that even acknowledged that some cities in Canada were valid at all.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I think there was confusion on some of the fares other than the OPs. The prices quoted (e.g., ORD origin) were for one way, not roundtrip.
Yes, agreed. My bad.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by cbaronne
I spoke with them briefly about what "select Canadian gateways" meant. Apparently several Canadian cities are valid for departure, but it depends on the airline you're booking with. For Delta/AF she quoted several cities including Montreal. For Qatar, she said only US cities were a valid starting point.

If anyone else hears differently, I'd love to know. It took several people before I got one that even acknowledged that some cities in Canada were valid at all.
Thank you so much for checking for us!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
had it priced up last night w/ a nice stopover in NYC, but it looks like QR changed the fare rules now to only allow the nonstop YUL-DOH flight at the cheap fare, and bumps up about US$400 each way now for any of the US connections.
(RLCAP5ZE vs RJCAP1ZE). I don't believe that these Flight Application requirements were initially included...
Code:
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON
       ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
           QR FLIGHT 764
           QR FLIGHT 763
           QR FLIGHT 842
           QR FLIGHT 834
           QR FLIGHT 826
           QR FLIGHT 830
           QR FLIGHT 837
           QR FLIGHT 835
           QR FLIGHT 981.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: None
Hi, I am planning a YUL-KUL trip in early to middle of March. But, I cannot route my return flight to US via IAD. My folks live at DC and hence the desire to get off at IAD. Any idea how to do so? Also, what is the best option between A330 vs A340 for the return leg of KUL- DOH? I can’t pick 787 for scheduling conflict. Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by raybolt
had it priced up last night w/ a nice stopover in NYC, but it looks like QR changed the fare rules now to only allow the nonstop YUL-DOH flight at the cheap fare, and bumps up about US$400 each way now for any of the US connections.
(RLCAP5ZE vs RJCAP1ZE). I don't believe that these Flight Application requirements were initially included...
Code:
QR FLIGHT 764
QR FLIGHT 763
QR FLIGHT 842
QR FLIGHT 834
QR FLIGHT 826
QR FLIGHT 830
QR FLIGHT 837
QR FLIGHT 835
QR FLIGHT 981.
I snoozed and losed on this deal.

Was planning out my YUL holiday pre-flight YUL-JFK-DOH-BKK-DOH-JFK ( jump ship at this point ).

Oh well back to Finnair from JFK-HEL-BKK again.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by raybolt
Code:
QR FLIGHT 764
QR FLIGHT 763
QR FLIGHT 842
QR FLIGHT 834
QR FLIGHT 826
QR FLIGHT 830
QR FLIGHT 837
QR FLIGHT 835
QR FLIGHT 981.
Same here. I thought it was because of the blogs picking it up
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:18 pm

Lucky enough to get in on this deal after missing the Cathay deal of the year completely. Have QSuites on three of the legs, flying with the GF so have double beds on those legs in 11E&F... Thank you OP!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
Lucky enough to get in on this deal after missing the Cathay deal of the year completely. Have QSuites on three of the legs, flying with the GF so have double beds on those legs in 11E&F... Thank you OP!
What is your routing?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
How can I check which sectors have Qsuite for sure?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by tdot_guy
QR is never sure about any plane.

ExpertFlyer is your best bet.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:28 pm

Actually getting your seat assigned via Qatar's website seems good. It lined up 100% with ExpertFlyer, and like I said we are assigned into seats that - visually at least - indicate QSuites.

We are flying via ORD. I hate ORD international terminal, but it worked out well for our schedule.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
QR is never sure about any plane.

ExpertFlyer is your best bet.
Let's be honest - your aircraft can change on any airline at the last minute.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:31 pm

Let's be honest - your aircraft can change on any airline at the last minute.
QR has got to be in the upper echelon of plane switching
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Qatar website lists cities (and flight numbers) that have QSuites: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/onboard/qsuite.html

Of course any flight on any airline can have an equipment change for a host of reasons. But QR is marketing certain routes/flights as having QSuites so it’s unlikely they are going to just start swapping in different aircraft unless it’s for last minute operational issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.