Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I'd like to book this for next year crediting to AA. However it scares me that Qatar airways will leave oneworld and I won't earn any points. Any thoughts on odds of that happening?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:02 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Looks like TK has matched this fare. For those flying in the *A family.

https://www.google.ca/flights/#flt=/...0*2.CAD.537100
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
Nice! I had already picked dates with Qsuites, and will be flying on March 31st (which was already Qsuites configured).
when you and
@Astrophsx have a chance can you post whether you ended up getting qsuites or not I'm flying the same route in a month
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum
I flew QR763 today and it was Qsuites
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by swedish_canadian
I flew QR763 today and it was Qsuites
nice. Doh to yul or reverse?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:08 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Ijones027
when you and
@Astrophsx have a chance can you post whether you ended up getting qsuites or not I'm flying the same route in a month
I flew it on 3/31st and did have Qsuites.

It was apparently the inaugural flight for the product. My boarding pass said 7:45 boarding for a 9:25 flight, which I thought for sure must be a mistake. I didn't show up at the gate until about 8:30 at which point it was already half boarded, and the GA told me I missed a bit of a modest inaugural celebration. Apparently they gave out a bunch of upgrade, and indeed it seemed like the whole cabin was full of people who were experiencing their first flight in business class. A lot of taking group photos and excited shouting.

As soon as we were airborne, I was able to forget about all that as soon as my door was closed and I was flying in my own private little world.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:44 pm

I flew it on 3/31st and did have Qsuites.

It was apparently the inaugural flight for the product. My boarding pass said 7:45 boarding for a 9:25 flight, which I thought for sure must be a mistake. I didn't show up at the gate until about 8:30 at which point it was already half boarded, and the GA told me I missed a bit of a modest inaugural celebration. Apparently they gave out a bunch of upgrade, and indeed it seemed like the whole cabin was full of people who were experiencing their first flight in business class. A lot of taking group photos and excited shouting.

As soon as we were airborne, I was able to forget about all that as soon as my door was closed and I was flying in my own private little world.
wow must be great paying economy fare to getting upgraded to not only business but qsuites
CFM3RD likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just booked 764,830,831,763 for May/June with four night stopover in Doha on the return. EF is showing Qsuites on all segments which I think should be correct. Very excited. Thank you to OP.

EDIT: Anyone have suggestions on where to credit this? Most of the time I credit Oneworld airlines to AS since they tend to have the independent partnerships, but QR does not. Mostly interested in RDM since I won't earn enough to get any status.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Apr 3, 2019 at 3:04 pm
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Just booked 764,830,831,763 for May/June with four night stopover in Doha on the return. EF is showing Qsuites on all segments which I think should be correct. Very excited. Thank you to OP.

EDIT: Anyone have suggestions on where to credit this? Most of the time I credit Oneworld airlines to AS since they tend to have the independent partnerships, but QR does not. Mostly interested in RDM since I won't earn enough to get any status.
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qatar-airways/r

It's not gonna earn much anywhere (100-125). If you just care about useful mileage earning I'd credit to BA. CX is also not terrible and I like my usual 7.5-10k regional redemptions.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Not 100% sure how to check but can someone tell me when does the fare expire? i had it booked but had to cancel the flight due to some family emergency and now I have an open ticket. they said as long as the fare stays the same i just need to pay a change fee.

thanks a lot!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:24 pm

Flew mine to completion. YUL positioning was more painful and expensive than expected. Happy with the fare, but it isn't the absolute best.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:51 pm

Flew mine to completion. YUL positioning was more painful and expensive than expected. Happy with the fare, but it isn't the absolute best.
Understand the expensive but what was the painful?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Understand the expensive but what was the painful?
It just isn't easy to get from the west coast to YUL. There's one daily nonstop on AC and that's it. UA flies from 3 eastern hubs with tiny regional jets, not all of which even have a J cabin. Not much better on AA/DL. Montreal is also farther than I realized, given it's further east than I originally realized. Fares are high.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:17 pm

It just isn't easy to get from the west coast to YUL. There's one daily nonstop on AC and that's it. UA flies from 3 eastern hubs with tiny regional jets, not all of which even have a J cabin. Not much better on AA/DL. Montreal is also farther than I realized, given it's further east than I originally realized. Fares are high.
Agreed to all of that. Even from NYC J class is expensive to YUL.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Got lucky with positioning from DFW into YUL with J award space on AA. Burned some BA miles. Otherwise cash seats would’ve been $$. Only prob was late arrival. Decided it was a good excuse to stay a couple of days. Glad to have an easy going spouse. Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.