Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by cbaronne
I spoke with them briefly about what "select Canadian gateways" meant. Apparently several Canadian cities are valid for departure, but it depends on the airline you're booking with. For Delta/AF she quoted several cities including Montreal. For Qatar, she said only US cities were a valid starting point.

If anyone else hears differently, I'd love to know. It took several people before I got one that even acknowledged that some cities in Canada were valid at all.
BA from YYZ also counts as part of IAP.

My usual competent AMEX travel agent is somehow missing in action... when I called in, I got someone who couldn't find ANY fares between YUL and BKK and had to "escalate to tech support"... then once he fixed the issue, couldn't find a fare for < $4k. Really curious if IAP applies here, maybe need to HUCA because the travel agents can be so inconsistent.

Anyway, sad that US routings don't work anymore for QSuites. However, on Qatar's website, it says that QSuites available on QR 830/831 DOH-BKK -- anyone able to get this as the connecting flight from Doha?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:17 am

I'm on QR 830. Unfortunately taking QR 839 back to DOH from Bangkok - my one non-QSuite flight.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
BA from YYZ also counts as part of IAP.

My usual competent AMEX travel agent is somehow missing in action... when I called in, I got someone who couldn't find ANY fares between YUL and BKK and had to "escalate to tech support"... then once he fixed the issue, couldn't find a fare for < $4k. Really curious if IAP applies here, maybe need to HUCA because the travel agents can be so inconsistent.

Anyway, sad that US routings don't work anymore for QSuites. However, on Qatar's website, it says that QSuites available on QR 830/831 DOH-BKK -- anyone able to get this as the connecting flight from Doha?
I did get 830 DOH-BKK (albeit a couple of days ago before the fare rules changed). Used ITA Matrix as the Qatar site wasn't showing me what I wanted super easily. Beware that it looks like it alternated days for QSuites/non-QSuites.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Here's another option, if you simply want to fly in J in flatbeds and don't care for QSuites, TK has YUL-BKK for $1980 USD ($2600 USD).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Here's another option, if you simply want to fly in J in flatbeds and don't care for QSuites, TK has YUL-BKK for $1980 USD ($2600 CAD).

Fixed?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
QR has got to be in the upper echelon of plane switching
QR can't beat TG.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
QR can't beat TG.
Or CX regionally.
Always Flyin and golfingboy like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Looks like the fare to Laos (VTE or LPQ) still allows the US connections for US$300 more roundtrip than original YUL-BKK fare. I was interested in continuing to Laos anyway, so considering it. Fare rules seem to allow TG or PG from BKK to VTE/LPQ, but matrix at least doesnt seem to price it without the QR coded PG flight.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by rahman99000
Also, what is the best option between A330 vs A340 for the return leg of KUL- DOH? I can’t pick 787 for scheduling conflict. Thanks.
A340 do you are sure to get the real flat B/E diamond seat whereas on A330 you might end with a slightly angled sold as full flat (if considering the plane inclination) minipod seat.
Don’t regreat the 787 as they are often swapped for A330 in my own experience...
For more information about QR aircrafts configuration you should read The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:13 pm

QR YUL-BKK question

could I buy this ticket through QR’s website and have it routes through jfk and b/c I am a jfk based flyer, jump on the flight there and not originate in YUL? I’m thinking yes Bc it’s air canada from YUL to Montreal.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aalbies
could I buy this ticket through QR’s website and have it routes through jfk and b/c I am a jfk based flyer, jump on the flight there and not originate in YUL? I’m thinking yes Bc it’s air canada from YUL to Montreal.
No. Your ticket will be cancelled.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:10 pm

How do we get credit for the AC segments (presumably to UA) and then the QR segments to AA?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

Seat map for my favored date (4/5) out of YUL is showing the 1-2-1 (i.e. qsuite) config on 77W.

Is it a mirage that will be equipment swapped away or do YUL flights sometimes get qsuites?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
Mine is showing QSuite too on 30/3!!!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM; BAEC Gold; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
I snoozed and losed on this deal.

Was planning out my YUL holiday pre-flight YUL-JFK-DOH-BKK-DOH-JFK ( jump ship at this point ).
If you were to credit to AA, would you receive credit for JFK-DOH-BKK-DOH-JFK on the itinerary, assuming your itinerary originates in YUL, you board in YUL, and complete the itinerary through the return to JFK (i.e., fly YUL-JFK-DOH-BKK-DOH-JFK, then drop the final JFK/LGA-YUL)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.