Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
They're not. I updated thread title. i saw 777 and got all giddy. Didn't realize they weren't 200ERs....

Anyone see it with QSuites?

ATL
Old May 8, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Nice find but long layover one way back. Not good for Americans as i don't think they can get visas still for Turkey.
Go to the Turkey evisa site. Very easy and quick. (Can't posts links yet, or I would have).

I got one, and used it without a problem
Old May 8, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I found it with QSuites on 3 segments. Only flight that has Q Suites on both segments on the return is the 7:35 pm out of BKK.

Qatar agent told me all the flights out of Montreal to DOH are now equipped with Q Suites.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.

Last edited by ATLConsultant; May 8, 2019 at 10:53 am
Old May 8, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
Great price.

Does not look like Qsuites to me...What leads you to think it is Qsuites.
QSuites vs the older and far less interesting configuration is hit-or-miss on this route, at least on the DOH-BKK and BKK-DOH legs. I have not been able to find a way to get the QR app or site to show me the seat map until after I have paid for a ticket, and SeatGuru always seems to show the old map even on flights that turn out to have QSuites. ExpertFlyer seems to be accurate, however.

I bought one of these tickets in January for a March-April trip. At that point the lowest price was about US$2300. Wasn't expecting QSuites, but got them on the DOH-BKK outbound and on the long DOH-YUL return. Just bought another one for an October-November trip at US$2008, plus US$20 for a three-day hold while I looked around to see if I could find anything better. While I had the ticket on hold QR would let me choose special meals but not seats. I paid for the ticket last night and was finally able to select seats: QSuite YUL-DOH, old seat DOH-BKK, and QSuites on both legs of the return trip, all exactly as ExpertFlyer had predicted.

One wrinkle I encountered in this latest booking is that I was not able to find the lowest ($2008) fare on the outbound flights that have the relatively short (3+ hour) layover in Doha. Those were the flights I took in March, arriving Doha 4:50 p.m., leaving at 8:10 p.m., and arriving in Bangkok at 6:55 the next morning. But on all the days in late October that I could have flown, that flight was available but was $300 more expensive. The $2008 fare was available only with a 8-to-9-hour layover in both directions. So on this next trip I will arrive DOH 4:50 p.m., leave at 1:40 a.m., and arrive in BKK at 12:30 p.m. I much prefer the earlier flight -- not so much because of the layover as because 7 a.m. is a better time to arrive in Bangkok -- but I decided the relatively mild inconvenience was worth the $300 savings.

Another thing to notice is that there are several QR flights between DOH and BKK every day. On the way back four of these flights leave BKK within a couple of hours of each other, roughly 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. On my flight days in mid-November these flights were all available at the lowest price. I used ExpertFlyer to look at seat maps and chose the one that had QSuites.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K Elite, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis Preferred Pus
Last night I booked YUL-DOH-BKK r/t for CAD $2707 (~USD $2006). YUL<>DOH in Qsuites, DOH<>BKK non-Qsuites. Dates 11/20-12/1
CFM3RD likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Another thing to notice is that there are several QR flights between DOH and BKK every day. On the way back four of these flights leave BKK within a couple of hours of each other, roughly 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. On my flight days in mid-November these flights were all available at the lowest price. I used ExpertFlyer to look at seat maps and chose the one that had QSuites.
You got lucky on that BKK sector in March. QR is notorious for equipment changes. YUL should reliably be QSuite, but BKK equipment could absolutely change up to ~12 hours before the flight. BKK is a grab bag route where QR operates nearly every type of wide body configuration in the fleet.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Just booked ORD-DOH-BKK Round trip with a free stopover on the way back and a $28 hotel. $2477 through Amex IAP.
Lots of routes in Sept for $2500-$3100 from ORD. Qsuites on all 4 segments.
E55 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Has anybody been able to find good deals to India? Ideally I am looking for DEL at the end of November or early December.

I'm based in YOW, so flying out of YUL would work. I normally fly *A, but the QSuites product looks fantastic!
Old May 10, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Has anybody been able to find good deals to India? Ideally I am looking for DEL at the end of November or early December.

I'm based in YOW, so flying out of YUL would work. I normally fly *A, but the QSuites product looks fantastic!
a quick search comes up with $2450-$3000 in sept for India on Qatar
Old May 10, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Originally Posted by dr_torch

a quick search comes up with $2450-$3000 in sept for India on Qatar
I don't see anything lower than $3200 (USD) in the OPs time frame. But I see fares on TK to DEL just above $2500 for late November through early December. TK out of YYZ to DEL is around $2300 (USD).

While I love TK's soft product in business I don't think their hard product can hold a candle to QSuites. But the OP normally flies *A and it is cheaper.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Thanks @cheltzel - I can see that too. Also I see Etihad has a similar price with a connection in Abu Dhabi.

I'm still debating what I want to do. I originally was looking for a stop over in Europe (Germany or Switzerland) and so I was looking at LH, LX, and AC. The AC flight back is perfect time-wise leaving at 12:45AM (instead of 3am or 4am that some carriers depart at).

However pricing out AC / LH for YYZ - MUC - DEL and then AC for DEL - YYZ back comes out at quite a bit in J ($3600US+) which is a touch more than what I want to pay

Anyway .... I don't want to hijack this thread with my own travel plans
Old May 17, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Fare seems to still be good. Booked YUL-BKK Sept 2-10, Was $2006 all in, all 4 flights on 777-300er with Qsuites, checked with expert flyer for seatmaps before booking and confirmed after paying. Very much looking forward to this!
nikbruno, CFM3RD and Barkinpark like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond
These rates seems to have gone now?
Old May 26, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Yes seems so.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Zeeww
These rates seems to have gone now?
Maybe not at $2300 USD. But close. For some reason I am having issues with attachments. But I am seeing YUL to SGN for $2417 USD, DAD is about $120 more.

Last edited by cheltzel; May 26, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.