Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA: INV-LAX/SFO/LAS, sub $1400 RT

AA/BA: INV-LAX/SFO/LAS, sub $1400 RT

Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyer89
dang..so two of these trips can get you BA- Gold which allow access to First class lounge when flying domestic in the US.. correct?
Flagship lounge access is available to OneWorld Sapphire members so you would only need to get Silver with BA to get access to this and all the AA Admirals Clubs when flying domestically. You can do this easily in 1 trip as Silver only requires 600 tier points.

If you wanted to access any OneWorld First lounges (for example the Qantas First lounge in LAX) you would need BA Gold though.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by flyer89
dang..so two of these trips can get you BA- Gold which allow access to First class lounge when flying domestic in the US.. correct?
Actually (unless things have changed recently), just having BAEC Silver (600 Tier Pts) will allow access into AA Flagship lounges (as well as Admirals Clubs); so you only need to do one r/t to be able to access these lounges (for the rest of your current BA year and all of the following year). Of course, if you fly this trip twice, you will have Gold for the above length of time plus Silver for an additional year after (via soft landing)...
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
FYI - it looks like this fare expires tonight, so if you're going to book this be quick about it!
yes, gone since midnight.
nickohrn likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Yemona

yes, gone since midnight.
I guess I should have realized it would be midnight UTC - I was a few minutes from pulling the trigger on this, just working on the dates, and then it repriced as I was about to checkout. Oh well.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nickohrn
I guess I should have realized it would be midnight UTC - I was a few minutes from pulling the trigger on this, just working on the dates, and then it repriced as I was about to checkout. Oh well.
I held a bunch through AA, hopefully I can make up my mind in the next 18 hours before that expires too.

You can still get similar routings for a few hundred more starting in late March: https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...7*2.USD.153757
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: FB, GGL, IHG, Hilton
Still some bargains here. 800 Tier points for 1400 quid in July is pretty good. Just need to figure out how to actually book this,

Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Oh no, I think I made a mistake, booked AA codeshare, operates by Finnair (wanted to try the new 350) and it appears I won’t earn any tier credit for that flight?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You'll get tier points for all flights on the itinerary AA or BA flight numbers
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: EC Silver FC Silver
Am I missing something? I thought, as Finnair is One World, you get Tier Points regardless of the flight number; no?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:53 am

Yes, I did.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:11 am

A dumb question here. How does one go about booking an ITA itinerary with specific routing (more than 2 stops) for the displayed fare? - I know, not with ITA. But can it be booked by calling AA or BA - even if the itin is not shown on AA or BA website? Or do you use an online travel agency? Which one(s)?

An extra question: GF will not show itin / routing with more than 2 stops. Is there a trick / tip around this?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by A1pax
A dumb question here. How does one go about booking an ITA itinerary with specific routing (more than 2 stops) for the displayed fare? - I know, not with ITA. But can it be booked by calling AA or BA - even if the itin is not shown on AA or BA website? Or do you use an online travel agency? Which one(s)?

An extra question: GF will not show itin / routing with more than 2 stops. Is there a trick / tip around this?
The easiest possible way to book complex itineraries from ITA is to use BookWithMatrix. Just follow the instructions on there - you can also use ITA PowerTools if you want to book through a specific carrier's regional website or try your luck with an OTA.

For Google Flights, you can sometimes force it by doing multi-city, but I've found that to be much less reliable than ITA.
A1pax likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: EC Silver FC Silver
My better half and I managed 2 x INV-LHR-JFK- LAX-BOS-LHR-INV in early April for a little over 1,000GBP pp (thanks to OP and TLFL blog).

Not the optimum TP route, but it suits our travel plans. Some of my multi-city routes repriced after hitting the payment button on AA - e.g. 2,262GBP became "new price = 4,278GBP". Interestingly when I tried the paypal payment route it didn't seem to reprice on AA, though I'd already chickened out and booked the simpler itinerary by that point.

Our late-night turnaround in JFK T8 looks near impossible with Checked Baggage mind (1 hr 20 minutes). So a sizeable delay on the LHR to JFK leg would be very convenient. Also a pity to be travelling before the new Caledonian Sleeper trains to Inverness are introduced (May'19).
nickohrn likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
The easiest possible way to book complex itineraries from ITA is to use BookWithMatrix. Just follow the instructions on there - you can also use ITA PowerTools if you want to book through a specific carrier's regional website or try your luck with an OTA.

For Google Flights, you can sometimes force it by doing multi-city, but I've found that to be much less reliable than ITA.
Thanks, nickohrn, for your reply. I tried to play around with bookwithmatrix and selected AA as the booking interface. Problem was that AA website did not show the itin (so I could be sure that it was the one I selected from ITA - and it remarked that "The class of service you requested is not available on one or more of your flights." ). It only showed the total USD price and asked for pax details. I did not want to enter pax details and found out the itin was not what I was after.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by A1pax
Thanks, nickohrn, for your reply. I tried to play around with bookwithmatrix and selected AA as the booking interface. Problem was that AA website did not show the itin (so I could be sure that it was the one I selected from ITA - and it remarked that "The class of service you requested is not available on one or more of your flights." ). It only showed the total USD price and asked for pax details. I did not want to enter pax details and found out the itin was not what I was after.
Yeah - it can be tough sometimes. I feel like entering passenger details to get to the next screen and ensure it is what you wanted is probably the way to go in that instance. As long as you don't pay until you see the exact itinerary you haven't committed to anything.

ITA PowerTools work, too as sometimes the different AA regional sites will show the itinerary on clicking through. You just have to play around with it a bit to get comfortable with what is showing up.

In regards to this message:

> The class of service you requested is not available on one or more of your flights

That shows up literally every time I click through to AA whether the itinerary is all business or not. I have no idea what triggers that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.