Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA: INV-LAX/SFO/LAS, sub $1400 RT

AA/BA: INV-LAX/SFO/LAS, sub $1400 RT

Old Jan 8, 19, 9:38 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by nickohrn View Post
In regards to this message:

> The class of service you requested is not available on one or more of your flights

That shows up literally every time I click through to AA whether the itinerary is all business or not. I have no idea what triggers that.
I could be wrong, but I always thought that this message appears when a domestic AA segment is booked into two-cabin first as part of an international business fare - "warning" you that one of your segments is first, not business.

Edit: Actually, it should appear whenever the itinerary includes a domestic AA segment on a 2-cabin aircraft - either you'll be in first or coach, but you certainly won't be in the requested (business) cabin on that segment as it simply does not exist on a 2-cabin domestic aircraft.
nickohrn likes this.

Last edited by hogo74; Jan 8, 19 at 9:42 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jan 8, 19, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by citytom View Post
My better half and I managed 2 x INV-LHR-JFK- LAX-BOS-LHR-INV in early April for a little over 1,000GBP pp (thanks to OP and TLFL blog).

Not the optimum TP route, but it suits our travel plans. Some of my multi-city routes repriced after hitting the payment button on AA - e.g. 2,262GBP became "new price = 4,278GBP". Interestingly when I tried the paypal payment route it didn't seem to reprice on AA, though I'd already chickened out and booked the simpler itinerary by that point.

Our late-night turnaround in JFK T8 looks near impossible with Checked Baggage mind (1 hr 20 minutes). So a sizeable delay on the LHR to JFK leg would be very convenient. Also a pity to be travelling before the new Caledonian Sleeper trains to Inverness are introduced (May'19).
I would honestly avoid trying to check bags. JFK is notoriously slow with getting stuff out. 1h20 is perfectly doable with Global Entry or the mobile passport app though.

And yes, those were my plans for positioning to INV - take the sleeper up from London the day before!
Old Jan 8, 19, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by hogo74 View Post
I could be wrong, but I always thought that this message appears when a domestic AA segment is booked into two-cabin first as part of an international business fare - "warning" you that one of your segments is first, not business.
You're almost certainly correct on that one! Thanks for pointing it out.
Old Jan 8, 19, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment View Post
i was looking... only INV ? any other cities within UK? Thanks
I believe INV is exempt from the APD (Aberdeen too?) so that would at least be part of the reason for the attractive fare. And why you can return to MAN.
pointy likes this.
Old Jan 8, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: EC Silver FC Silver
Originally Posted by redct View Post
I would honestly avoid trying to check bags. JFK is notoriously slow with getting stuff out. 1h20 is perfectly doable with Global Entry or the mobile passport app though.

And yes, those were my plans for positioning to INV - take the sleeper up from London the day before!
Unfortunately whilst I agree with your assessment/stewardship, neither traveller qualify for the App, one doesn't qualify for Global Entry, and I shudder at the thought of trying to limit my better-half to one carry-on bag & a handbag for a two week trip.

Instead I think I will keep the valuables in the 2 carry-on bags - and not get too attached to the checked luggage. I will also keep an eye out for an AA staffer at the JFK gate to see what fast track options they can offer.

Glad to see my madness doesn't extend to the Caledonian - seems like a reliable way to get there.
Old Jan 8, 19, 11:55 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Nice fare! Iím sure the answer in NO, but can anyone figure out how to make this one way from Inv-lax and get it for 1/2 the rt price or close to that? I need to get back to US, but donít need a return.
Old Jan 8, 19, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
It's a return fare so won't happen. Perhaps worth getting the return then factoring in the cost of any changes so you can make use of both ticket portions?
Old Jan 8, 19, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by nickohrn View Post
Yeah - it can be tough sometimes. I feel like entering passenger details to get to the next screen and ensure it is what you wanted is probably the way to go in that instance. As long as you don't pay until you see the exact itinerary you haven't committed to anything.

ITA PowerTools work, too as sometimes the different AA regional sites will show the itinerary on clicking through. You just have to play around with it a bit to get comfortable with what is showing up.

In regards to this message:

> The class of service you requested is not available on one or more of your flights

That shows up literally every time I click through to AA whether the itinerary is all business or not. I have no idea what triggers that.
Thanks, nickohrn, for your further explanation. I am not IT savvy, so will need to play around with some itins as practice until I get it
nickohrn likes this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
Seeing a lot of these fare sales originating in Europe but not from USA. Is demand extremely weak over the pond or just an increase in competition? I'd like to think the airlines are just deliberating shafting US consumers but I know that's not the right answer.
Old Jan 10, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
oh let me check manchester
Old Jan 10, 19, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold (demoted EXP)
Booked two, so hopefully I'll be qualified for Ba Gold, still learning how to calculate tier points since the Ba's tier calculator is kind of iffy (or perhaps I don't know how to use it) lol
Old Jan 14, 19, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Is sub 1400 still available? I see for 1850.
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:57 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
I just grabbed an F ticket from INV to SFO in mid April for GBP 1985 booked on BA.com
Old Jan 16, 19, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
I'm seeing Inverness to LAX return for GBP 1390 for July, and Inverness to SFO return for GBP 1415, in business

Due to APD, returning into Manchester is the same price as INV, but departing is a few hundred quid more
Old Jan 16, 19, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, United, AF/KLM
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
I'm seeing Inverness to LAX return for GBP 1390 for July, and Inverness to SFO return for GBP 1415, in business

Due to APD, returning into Manchester is the same price as INV, but departing is a few hundred quid more
Could you share the schedule that you have?

Search this Thread