Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Airlines : $2,268 RT Business Saigon to Los Angeles

Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:56 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- not as good as a 'recent CX deal' but still a good price, new A350, narrow-body A320 to Hong Kong

https://www.kayak.com/flights/SGN-LA...t=bestflight_a

Last edited by MightyTravels; Jan 4, 2019 at 10:12 am
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Good fare as long as they continue flying. https://www.aerotime.aero/zivile.zal...r-stops-payout
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Be prepared with HK Airlines. I flew them on the incredible deal to Asia they had earlier this year. The service in the air and the seat were excellent. The service on the ground was terrible and on the phone virtually non-existent. They almost cancelled the ticket when I arrived in LAX because my connecting flight in Asia was cancelled. It took 20 minutes of pleading with three different people to get them to allow me on the plane. Would I do it again? For the price I paid (less than half of this), I would. For this price, I would not.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:58 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dlffla
Good fare as long as they continue flying. https://www.aerotime.aero/zivile.zal...r-stops-payout
That is a worry though Hainan hopefully will absorb it if they shut down operations (I wouldn't mind it much). Be safe and pay with a solid US credit card (AMEX/ Chase).
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Be very careful with flying with Hong Kong Airlines impending their collapse as widely reported in the media.

Check out their bond yield rate: https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/b...t/XS1331758737

As at 04 January 2019, the current ask yield to maturity stands at 2,000% due on 20 January 2019.

Issue size was USD 550 million.

Something ugly is brewing with this airline and it is with little wonder that they saw mass resignation of its senior management team.

Last edited by 380Flyer; Jan 5, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Be very careful with flying with Hong Kong Airlines impending their collapse as widely reported in the media.

Check out their bond yield rate: https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/b...t/XS1331758737

As at 04 January 2019, the current ask yield to maturity stands at 2,000% due on 20 January 2019.

Issue size was USD 550 million.

Something ugly is brewing with this airline and it is with little wonder that they saw mass resignation of its senior management team.

I'm getting nervous-- my wife, daughter and I have biz class tix from LAX-PVG the last week of March. Yikes!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
I'm getting nervous-- my wife, daughter and I have biz class tix from LAX-PVG the last week of March. Yikes!
Ugh same, also booked for March. People in that FT thread were joking that it was a much-needed cash infusion, but now it seems like the joke may turn into reality.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by aquanine
Ugh same, also booked for March. People in that FT thread were joking that it was a much-needed cash infusion, but now it seems like the joke may turn into reality.
Let's cross our fingers. Where are you heading with them?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
Let's cross our fingers. Where are you heading with them?
Same place as you: LAX-PVG RT 3/2 to 3/11!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aquanine
I'm in for Feb 13-24, hopefully they stay in business as I've got a bunch of intra-Asia flights booked with other people. Sounds like I should earmark some miles just in case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.