Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KU: CMB to NYC OW ~US $799 Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Aeromexico, Delta

Not the best airline but decent price and has lie flat seats, fare available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays all year round

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...;sd:1;t:f;tt:o
Shadowfactor and ft543 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Wish it was a RT since I am trying to plan a Asia trip but I'll keep looking.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by Will24
Thanks for the heads up! Wish it was a RT since I am trying to plan a Asia trip but I'll keep looking.
Round trip is available for $1699. Honestly though, I revisited this airline last year ex-CMB as i couldnt resist the prices and whilst their hard product has improved, they still leave a lot to be desired and you are better waiting to fly QR instead for similar or slightly more money when one of their (fairly regular) deals pops up...

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Round trip is available for $1699. Honestly though, I revisited this airline last year ex-CMB as i couldnt resist the prices and whilst their hard product has improved, they still leave a lot to be desired and you are better waiting to fly QR instead for similar or slightly more money when one of their (fairly regular) deals pops up...
Yeah thats what I am hoping for. Would love to get a RT for under $1k to Asia for May.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:05 pm

Yeah thats what I am hoping for. Would love to get a RT for under $1k to Asia for May.
?. These are fares originating in CMB and dont work in reverse...
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea
?. These are fares originating in CMB and dont work in reverse...
Yup I know thats why I said RT in the beginning. Sorry if I wasnt being clear. I am new to the site so trying to get familiar with everything. I used to book all of my flights via an agency so I am trying to do it myself now.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Yup I know thats why I said RT in the beginning. Sorry if I wasnt being clear. I am new to the site so trying to get familiar with everything. I used to book all of my flights via an agency so I am trying to do it myself now.
These flights usually originate from Asia, not the USA. Can't even think of a past Premium QR RT fare for under $1k from Asia, let alone one from the US to Asia RT.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
These flights usually originate from Asia, not the USA. Can't even think of a past Premium QR RT fare for under $1k from Asia, let alone one from the US to Asia RT.
Any airline really, doesn't have to be QR.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Any airline really, doesn't have to be QR.
You won't find sub $1000 RT on any airline in J.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
You won't find sub $1000 RT on any airline in J.
Not a hard stop at $1000. Can do multi-city layovers too so maybe J and then a connecting.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Not a hard stop at $1000. Can do multi-city layovers too so maybe J and then a connecting.
Still not possible with the exception of mistake fares - e.g. HX, which are rare of rarest.

You need to readjust your expectation. $2K discounted J fares are possible when there is a sale. Also need to budget for potential additional costs such as positioning flights, accommodations.
oh_lol and flatdawgs like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you set your sights on true premium economy, there are some good fares on offer if you leave the US before early May. Check Google Flights, and experiment with different origins/destinations.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Last year, there was a long-running QR CMB-PHL offer which cost just around 1000 USD RT.

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by ubiest
Last year, there was a long-running QR CMB-PHL offer which cost just around 1000 USD RT.

I remember those ones well. They were closer to $1400USD, so still a fair way off.
The poster said they're after sub $1k FT flights to Asia during May, which I assume it'd be ex-USA as the flight posted is CMB-NYC. This will be nearly next to impossible to find (although we never know what kind of crazy fare may pop up).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:26 am

If you can scrape some airmiles together, your best option is probably to do a one way redemption in J for the USA > Asia leg and then use this deal for the return. You can find affordable intra Asia flights on the likes of Scoot and Air Asia to position to CMB for the return leg...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.