Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Delta silver, Marriott Ambassador Hilton gold
I have tickets on hold for May 10-17 rdu-hkg in PE (with possibility for SWU) and May 13--17 hkg-dfw-cun-dfw-hkg in all biz (I class) for a total of $4,200 USD for 63K EQM's. I have until tomorrow to pull the trigger.

I will get to have a great brunch with bottomless dom at the Ritz on May 12th. My friend thinks i'm crazy....

Last edited by rachel; Mar 20, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:03 pm

wow great fare!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Grabbed another one of these for a trip I need to make back from HK in april - cant beat the fare.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rachel
I have tickets on hold for May 10-17 rdu-hkg in PE (with possibility for SWU) and May 13--17 in all biz (I class) for a total of $4,200 USD for 63K EQM's. I have until tomorrow to pull the trigger.

I will get to have a great brunch with bottomless dom at the Ritz on May 12th. My friend thinks i'm crazy....
Craziness aside... what’s the fare premium for PE over Y? When I’ve flown this route in the past and ended up in economy I’ve usually been happier to be there with a few empty seats than to be in PE with no way to stretch out across seats. If the premium for PE is small then it’s probably worth it, but if it’s significant then I’d probably risk it in Y.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:12 pm

The PE is much more expensive than the biz fare. It is $2.3K for the PE portion--I've never flown in PE or economy before for a long flight so if I pull the trigger it will be an adventure. If I go Y I would get ~9K fewer EQM's but would save $1K.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:22 pm

I paid $2.4K for the PE fare--much more than the biz fare. I've never flown PE or Y for a long flight before, if I change to Y it will save me $1K and I would receive ~8K fewer EMQ's but I will have already hit my 100K for the year.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rachel
I paid $2.4K for the PE fare--much more than the biz fare. I've never flown PE or Y for a long flight before, if I change to Y it will save me $1K and I would receive ~8K fewer EMQ's but I will have already hit my 100K for the year.
Personally, I would save the $1k and go in Y. Especially if I was planning on using a SWU. Or I'd look at CX fares in Y and PE.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:59 am

Question: If you booked one of these one-way AA flights from HKG via a stop in either DFW or LAX on your way (theoretically) to a Mexican city, would you always have to claim your checked luggage once you hit the United States customs on your first stop (even if you have a ticket to fly to another US City or Mexico in this case)? In effect, not using the entire portion of the ticket and getting off at DFW/LAX with your checked luggage in hand and not re-checking it. Thx
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by EZjace
Question: If you booked one of these one-way AA flights from HKG via a stop in either DFW or LAX on your way (theoretically) to a Mexican city, would you always have to claim your checked luggage once you hit the United States customs on your first stop (even if you have a ticket to fly to another US City or Mexico in this case)? In effect, not using the entire portion of the ticket and getting off at DFW/LAX with your checked luggage in hand and not re-checking it. Thx

AFAIK the only place you can transit in the United States and not reclaim your luggage is Miami for International to International travel. Everywhere else in the US you must claim your luggage and recheck it at your entry point.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317
AFAIK the only place you can transit in the United States and not reclaim your luggage is Miami for International to International travel. Everywhere else in the US you must claim your luggage and recheck it at your entry point.
DFW has a similar set up where you do not claim luggage on an ITI itinerary. I did that last month and last December.
EZjace likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Wow - this deal is still active?
I'm surprised it's not been pulled - I'd love to visit MEX some day but not this time/this year
Good luck to all who got it & I hope you enjoy your trip!
It sounds awesome!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kaffir76
Wow - this deal is still active?
I'm surprised it's not been pulled - I'd love to visit MEX some day but not this time/this year
Good luck to all who got it & I hope you enjoy your trip!
It sounds awesome!
Yes it is. If you put sale destination as MEX, there are more options.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Anyone have/think there would be issues dropping the last leg USA-Mexico. I just need this to get to the US and am a us citizen and would have carryon luggage. Windering if in HK they’d ask for a return ticket to the US?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Anyone have/think there would be issues dropping the last leg USA-Mexico. I just need this to get to the US and am a us citizen and would have carryon luggage. Windering if in HK they’d ask for a return ticket to the US?
I have used it once like this, with no issue. Got off in DFW and called in to EXP desk that last minute plans had to change (I Did end up having to book another ticket on another airline for travel the next day)
rkaradi likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
So I’m seeing this price on AA site, but keeps erroring out at booking. Has been doing this for days. Using a multicity search hkg-dfw and then dfw-cun. Would take any routing to cun but dfw-clt-cun is most ideal. Shows open for $1152. Prices on ITA and AA site but errors out after I submit pax info.

Any success manually feeding segments and fare code to an agent? Haven’t called but really want this damn thing to price out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.