Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST

[prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST

Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
This looks to be back per ITA...was able to price it through a 24-hour hold. HKG-DFW-CLT-CUN for $1170 one-way in J. Other routings available for slightly less/more. Haven't checked many dates, but works in August for me.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hoping this sticks around for a little bit. Hoping to book it for the start of January so I'm waiting for the booking window to open.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I booked this the other day. HKG-DFW-CUN, but there was a delay, so I was able to change it to HKG-LAX- stop-JFK- stop- CUN.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by frebay
I booked this the other day. HKG-DFW-CUN, but there was a delay, so I was able to change it to HKG-LAX- stop-JFK- stop- CUN.
Do you mean there was a schedule change? How big of a change was it for them to allow you to add two stopovers? I have one booked too for the same routing and wanted to do a stopover in JFK but couldnt get it to price with anything more than a 24 hour connection.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:23 pm

Just booked HKG-LAX-MIA-MEX for November. Had to use Multi city feature via Hong Kong AA site. $1117
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:44 pm

Can anybody find routing on CX in the HKG-TYO segment at the same price?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by absoluy
Do you mean there was a schedule change? How big of a change was it for them to allow you to add two stopovers? I have one booked too for the same routing and wanted to do a stopover in JFK but couldnt get it to price with anything more than a 24 hour connection.
No schedule change, just delayed. I just told them that they messed up my Cancun vacation and I need to make changes.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by frebay
No schedule change, just delayed. I just told them that they messed up my Cancun vacation and I need to make changes.
Ah, interesting. Was it the HKG-LAX flight that was delayed? I guess you only heard about the delay on the day you were due to travel?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:16 pm

is it possible to fly these WITHOUT USA Leg?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by raporot
is it possible to fly these WITHOUT USA Leg?
TPAC must be on AA so no.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Booked one of these HKG-DFW-MEX, CUN-MIA-LAX-HKG during the last thread about it. Great fare, earning a boatload of EQM for a song and going to Hong Kong, Mexico City and Tulum
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
A couple of frequent flier friends are seriously considering combining this with the QR ex-Scandinavia fares (throwing in a hop from SIN to HKG).....
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by skye1
A couple of frequent flier friends are seriously considering combining this with the QR ex-Scandinavia fares (throwing in a hop from SIN to HKG).....
Which QR ex-Scandi fares? I actually need positioning flight. Was considering that AY ex-YYZ fare to book YYZ-HEL-SIN, throw in SIN-HKG to start this, then on the back end HKG-HEL-JFK.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Managed to book HKG-LAX-CLT-MEX for Jan 1. Had to go through the HK site and fight with the multi city tool. Came out to 8218 HKD, so about 1050 USD. Great deal for me. Couldn't use my $500 of AA gift cards though since I had to use the HK site. Some other time I guess.
E55 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Managed to book HKG-LAX-CLT-MEX for Jan 1. Had to go through the HK site and fight with the multi city tool. Came out to 8218 HKD, so about 1050 USD. Great deal for me. Couldn't use my $500 of AA gift cards though since I had to use the HK site. Some other time I guess.
This is one of those fares where POS really matters for the I bucket availability. I have messed around with it a bit and found that there is very little US POS availability and that even with POS set to HKG, RF doesnt appear to be reflecting what AA will sell you from a HKG or China point of sale. ITA seems to slightly over display on I bucket availability when default is left to departure city and wildly over display if you set POS to US. AA CN site seems to show less than getting HKG POS via an OTA like Expedia. Expedia works well in that it also displays mixed cabin options, so if you only are doing a one way and plan to drop US-MEX segments you dont care about those being in Y.

What is the AA HKG site? I only get options from the drop down for AA China, not HKG...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.