Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW OSL-HNL RT $1800 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:54 am
Original Poster

OW OSL-HNL RT $1800 r/t

sample dates 9.7.-17.7. Be careful, GF doesnt show price correctly (price there will be approx 2K EUR), but when you go to booking through ba.com you will get the price (approx NOK 1600+- dependent on chosen routing/flights). Fare basis IPN8T1S6, books to mix of I/J/D classes . Best to enjoy AY A359 on HEL-LAX route of course, HNL-DFW on B772 (lie-flat) on the way back possible on some dates. Excellent EQMS/EQDS earing on AA (after AA changed earning scheme for BA marketed flights for 2019).

enjoy!
BSBtraveller and pumatwin like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:18 am

Great find.... am I correct in saying that routing back the 24 hour stopover rule would be in place in the landing state....

ie..... could I do a week in hnl then fly back to USA stopping for a week before on to Oslo again?

I presume not but hoping I can.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by elite_sh
sample dates 9.7.-17.7. Be careful, GF doesnt show price correctly (price there will be approx 2K EUR), but when you go to booking through ba.com you will get the price (approx NOK 1600+- dependent on chosen routing/flights). Fare basis IPN8T1S6, books to mix of I/J/D classes . Best to enjoy AY A359 on HEL-LAX route of course, HNL-DFW on B772 (lie-flat) on the way back possible on some dates. Excellent EQMS/EQDS earing on AA (after AA changed earning scheme for BA marketed flights for 2019).

enjoy!

Can you post post a link. It can be bought from BA Norway site but the route home has red eye ftom HNL and long transit at LAX or SEA.

ITA not showing fare at all even when search is by same flights and dates as BA. Com it’s then £1900 rather than $1800. I have not searched by the fare code you published.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:49 am
Original Poster

cant post links yet, but you can use OSL-HNL example from "2500 usd tun-hnl z lx/ua/ac" FT thread and click on booking through British Airways website and you can see reprice to USD1800(NOK 16.000).

it can be done without red eye, departing 7:10 from HNL with short connection at LAX, HEL, but more routings possible (red eye on lie-flat through DFW is one of the possibilities).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Here's an example routing on BA.com https://bit.ly/2QkwWBs
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Can someone find the rules? This seems to be a web only fare with code ipn8t1s6 but it does not show on EF.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Can someone find the rules? This seems to be a web only fare with code ipn8t1s6 but it does not show on EF.
really weird can't find the fare either although def. bookable on ba.com
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
EF is only showing 1 filed I class fare from OSL-HNL which isn't this one.

Very odd.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Alaska allows you to credit BA and AY metal. But how does the code share apply?

I haven't seen the changes for AA BA EQDs... Can you spare the details?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Would love to see a sample routing
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
From the link posted earlier in the thread...
SkyTeam777 and UpperDeck87K like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

You are right, EQDs stays the same (25% for all business classes, just checked), the main change was in EQMs from 1.5 to 2.0 (C,D,I,R) and to 3.0 (J). What is interesting with this fare is that even though it is a "I" fare it would book segments in I,D and even J. So for my booking I got :
OSL-HEL J
HEL-LAX I
LAX-HNL J(!)
HNL-DFW J(!)
DFW-MAD I
MAD-OSL I

and according to my calculation it will earn 44.6K EQMs, 4.73K EQDs and 46.3K award miles (I am AA EXP so award miles calculation includes 120% bonus), not bad...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, KLM/AF Platinum, BA Gold
Would LAX-HNL in J on AA be domestic First Class on A320? On the BA side it says for that segment "meals in Economy for purchase" and I am a bit confused.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dahlmann123
Would LAX-HNL in J on AA be domestic First Class on A320? On the BA side it says for that segment "meals in Economy for purchase" and I am a bit confused.
yes exactly, it would be domestic First class
dahlmann123 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by elite_sh
You are right, EQDs stays the same (25% for all business classes, just checked), the main change was in EQMs from 1.5 to 2.0 (C,D,I,R) and to 3.0 (J). What is interesting with this fare is that even though it is a "I" fare it would book segments in I,D and even J. So for my booking I got :
OSL-HEL J
HEL-LAX I
LAX-HNL J(!)
HNL-DFW J(!)
DFW-MAD I
MAD-OSL I

and according to my calculation it will earn 44.6K EQMs, 4.73K EQDs and 46.3K award miles (I am AA EXP so award miles calculation includes 120% bonus), not bad...
Where are you able to book this? Not having luck with the BA site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.