Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MU: LAX-SIN $1800 USD RT with departures starting late Feb '19

MU: LAX-SIN $1800 USD RT with departures starting late Feb '19

Old Dec 18, 18, 4:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 941
MU: LAX-SIN $1800 USD RT with departures starting late Feb '19

CGK: +$100
DPS: +$300

Tons of availability beginning with departures late February all the way through the beginning of May 2019 as seen on kayak.com. The only issue is that it doesn't show booking class. The same flights are available on Expedia, but for ~$80 more, and shows the PVG leg booking in i and the SIN leg in J. I went ahead and played it safe and booked on Expedia. I'm sure others with more experience will know if the sites offered on Kayak book into the same.

These same flights are in the $400 range in Y, if your primary focus is MQM.
E55 and NYC Flyer like this.
bsagator is offline  
Old Dec 18, 18, 9:23 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Posts: 218
Did a similar run earlier this year, thanks for sharing its a good one.
E55 and bsagator like this.
HLT1904 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:45 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 398
How many days and/or nights will you be in SIN? What dates did you book?

OPS
mattya9 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 9:05 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 4,598
Nice a normal Delta flyer would get onothis route LAX-SIN 35368 RDMs 26526 MQMs 7073 MQDs
NYC Flyer and bsagator like this.
jfkeze is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 10:17 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: NYC/SCF
Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Posts: 1,590
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Nice a normal Delta flyer would get onothis route LAX-SIN 35368 RDMs 26526 MQMs 7073 MQDs
By my calcs, MQMs wil be closer to 29,000, as the J-class legs earn 200% vs 150% for I-class.
NYC Flyer is online now  
Old Dec 19, 18, 10:22 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 4,598
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer View Post
By my calcs, MQMs wil be closer to 29,000, as the J-class legs earn 200% vs 150% for I-class.
Yeap, my bad... I assumed I fare all the way so the calcs were off... Correct figure should be 28883 MQMs per GCMap
jfkeze is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 10:43 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: NYC/SCF
Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Posts: 1,590
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Correct figure should be 28883 MQMs per GCMap
No prob. Thanks for posting the calcs!
NYC Flyer is online now  
Old Dec 19, 18, 11:12 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 941
Originally Posted by mattya9 View Post
How many days and/or nights will you be in SIN? What dates did you book?

OPS
Long weekend trip end of February. I'm not going to stay in Singapore. My flight arrives at 530am and leaves at 11pm. I'll decide next month where in SE Asia I want to go. Generally flights anywhere in the area are around $75 rt, and I can book with plenty of cushion to not worry about missing a flight. I'll go into Singapore to eat if my MU flights aren't delayed.

I'm looking at my schedule to book another one in late April. That one I will go to Hanoi, as I've never been and it should be warmer by then. I don't handle cold very well.
bsagator is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 11:35 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Posts: 332
Do they have lie flats on MU?
manually is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 11:38 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 941
Originally Posted by manually View Post
Do they have lie flats on MU?
Yes, both flights do. LAX-PVG-LAX is 1-2-1, and PVG-SIN-PVG is 2-2-2.
bsagator is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 11:40 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 941
Does anyone know if Kayak will book into the same fare class? Only Expedia shows fare class of (I) and (J), but the fare is $1912 vs $1825 on Kayak, which doesn't show the fare class.
bsagator is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 12:02 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Posts: 332
Originally Posted by bsagator View Post
CGK: +$100
DPS: +$300

Tons of availability beginning with departures late February all the way through the beginning of May 2019 as seen on kayak.com. The only issue is that it doesn't show booking class. The same flights are available on Expedia, but for ~$80 more, and shows the PVG leg booking in i and the SIN leg in J. I went ahead and played it safe and booked on Expedia. I'm sure others with more experience will know if the sites offered on Kayak book into the same.

These same flights are in the $400 range in Y, if your primary focus is MQM.
Is it possible to book one way in business in and one way in y?
manually is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 3:06 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 398
Originally Posted by bsagator View Post
Does anyone know if Kayak will book into the same fare class? Only Expedia shows fare class of (I) and (J), but the fare is $1912 vs $1825 on Kayak, which doesn't show the fare class.
I'm wondering the same thing except I found a ticket on Justfly.com. Anyone use them before and had an issues with miles posting?

OPS
mattya9 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 3:10 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 941
Originally Posted by mattya9 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing except I found a ticket on Justfly.com. Anyone use them before and had an issues with miles posting?

OPS
I literally just booked that flight for the end of April using Kayak which routed through Justfly. Looking at the fare details I see all flights start with (I), which will post slightly less MQM, which I'm not worried about. I'm going to call MU right now and confirm that the ticket was booked in (I) and that I will receive the full mileage on Delta. I'll report when done.
mattya9 likes this.
bsagator is offline  
Old Dec 19, 18, 3:22 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 941
Originally Posted by mattya9 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing except I found a ticket on Justfly.com. Anyone use them before and had an issues with miles posting?

OPS
Just confirmed with MU that using Kayak/Justfly, all the legs book into (I) which will earn the miles @jfkeze posted in his first post. The only issue was my Delta SM# wasn't attached to the reservation, so you have to call anyway and have them add it.
mattya9 likes this.
bsagator is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread