Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MU: LAX-SIN $1800 USD RT with departures starting late Feb '19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MU: LAX-SIN $1800 USD RT with departures starting late Feb '19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by bsagator
Just confirmed with MU that using Kayak/Justfly, all the legs book into (I) which will earn the miles @jfkeze posted in his first post. The only issue was my Delta SM# wasn't attached to the reservation, so you have to call anyway and have them add it.
Thanks for looking into that! What dates are you flying?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mattya9

Thanks for looking into that! What dates are you flying?
April 23-30. You?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:18 am

April 23-30. You?
I'm looking at the end of February. I need something with a quick turn and found a 3 day trip that works with my schedule.

OPS
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL
You can price this out SFO-SIN in economy for ~$600 in V, which earns 10% MQDs (~$1700). ~$500 in T for 5% MQDs (~$850).

Last edited by dlflyer00; Dec 20, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:45 am

Just confirmed with MU that using Kayak/Justfly, all the legs book into (I) which will earn the miles @jfkeze posted in his first post. The only issue was my Delta SM# wasn't attached to the reservation, so you have to call anyway and have them add it.
Did you get an email from JustFly.com saying a confirmation email was on the way within a few hours? Just makes me raise an eyebrow.

OPS
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:47 am

Disregard the previous email. Just got my confirmation.^
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Yes, both flights do. LAX-PVG-LAX is 1-2-1, and PVG-SIN-PVG is 2-2-2.
I flew PVG-TPE last week on a 330 that was supposed to be 2-2-2 and booked a C seat accordingly (aisle center). The plane was actually 1-2-1 and a C seat was still aisle center. But MU seems to have several 330 variants with different seats.
Also (and given comments about shrinking airplane toilets elsewhere), the 777 business class toilets are quite spacious.
MU miles and MQDs posted to DL with all bonuses, class adjustments, etc. The full trip was JFK-PVG-TPE-LAX.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this fare available with a stopover in PVG? Didn't seem like it when I tried on kayak.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Is this fare available with a stopover in PVG? Didn't seem like it when I tried on kayak.
I don't think so. If you book to CGK for +$100, ive seen layovers as high as 14 hrs in PVG, depending on date
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by manually
Is it possible to book one way in business in and one way in y?
Yes, but probably not online.

Originally Posted by mattya9
I'm wondering the same thing except I found a ticket on Justfly.com. Anyone use them before and had an issues with miles posting?
Yes, miles posted, but they charged me for seat assignments ($15 p/p). I bit, because they allowed me to select "preferred" seats in their system. Credit card charged, seats were never assigned. FYI, Justfly also charges $250 for refunds/changes in addition to any fees charged by the carrier. That's a lot, IMHO.

Another personal experience--in 2016, family members had tickets on Turkish Air to return to the US via IST when Turkey-US flights were briefly suspended. Ended up purchasing full-fare tix last minute direct on another carrier. Justfly (may have been another "opaque" OTA on this trip) would not refund the useless TK tickets without their $250 service charge.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Yes, but probably not online.

I literally just booked that flight for the end of April using Kayak which routed through Justfly. Looking at the fare details I see all flights start with (I), which will post slightly less MQM, which I'm not worried about. I'm going to call MU right now and confirm that the ticket was booked in (I) and that I will receive the full mileage on Delta. I'll report when done.
While I understand the obsession we have to book these online, consider using a travel agent (whether it's me or not), who can:
  • assist in booking mixed classes of service and stopovers
  • check for fares with reputable consolidators
  • check if there are any exlcusive private fares or upgrade programs the carrier is offering through the TA's consortia/network (mine is Travel Leaders)
  • hold the rez for 24 hours
  • send you a detailed itinerary to review before ticketing
  • review all the fare rules with you
  • provide after sale service to you without extortionary fees
Wheatbackpenny likes this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Dec 22, 2018 at 6:31 am Reason: add content
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL
Just booked LAX-SIN 02/21-02/26. $450 via Priceline booking into V and earning ~$1750 MQDs.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Are these deals in Business Class still active? Can't seem to find them on kayak.

Edit: Found them!

Last edited by harperb; Dec 26, 2018 at 3:19 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:33 pm

Anyone ever booked with Flyus.com? I'm seeing $1900 LAX-SIN round trip prices but the website seems a little sketchy.

OPS
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:58 pm

For anyone booking on justfly.com, you can opt-out of the seat selection fee. Read carefully to find it on the booking page. It's well-hidden. You can actually select seats on China Eastern's website. I booked MU through justfly last year. Let me know if you need help.
Drunkmuppet likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Looks like one of my flights from PVG-SIN got upgraded to their brand new B789 with business class suits! Of course, my three other flights are still on the A332, but I'll take it.

Here are the flight #s :
Shanghai Pu Dong – Singapore eff 01FEB19 MU543/546, MU567/568

This is a good looking product:
https://www.ausbt.com.au/china-easte...s-to-melbourne
Pocatello likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.