Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH AMS-EZE-AMS J ( P ) return 1220 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH AMS-EZE-AMS J ( P ) return 1220 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I don't know about the Netherlands (most likely you violated Amex' T&C, but whatever), but I have a US Amex card as a non-resident and that also worked just fine, going the route you described. It's called Global Transfer.
But in Sweden you cannot do it as it checks if you are a registered resident, like I told you. Scandinavia is probably the only region where the tax authorities offer a live check if someone is a resident or not.
Also, even if he was a resident of Sweden, I'm pretty sure that it has only been possible because this only works when the cards are offered by Amex directly, and if I'm not mistaken, until recently, all Scandinavian SAS credit cards were offered by Scandinavian banks on behalf of Amex (DNB in Norway for example).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:42 pm

Amex dont offer cards on behalf of a scandinavian bank. It comes directly from them unlike visa/mastercard.
again he can create a bank account in sweden and get amex italy to reference him to the SAS amex. This route also worked when referencing swedish amex to amex hong kong. Try it and it will work. Howevere if you dont know, please dont comment such a statement that it wont work.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Amex just recently started offering the SAS cards themselves in Norway, it's been 2 months at most. Previously, the Norwegian SAS Amex cards were offered by DNB, thus no Global Transfer was possible.
AFAIK it was the same in Sweden, but they started taking over the cards a little earlier (was it a year ago or so?). But admittedly, I'm not 100% about Sweden.
It's difficult enough to get a bank account in Sweden (believe me, both my ex and my current gf moved to Sweden, so I know a thing or two about this) without a personal identity number.
There is simply no way to get a Swedish Amex card if you're not a registered resident of Sweden with all consequences for taxes etc.
If you're a Swede living in Sweden (which you seem to be), then it's a completely different story since other countries simply don't have the same way of checking if you're a resident.
Like I said, I have a US Amex card, though I've never lived in the US, done the same way you got your Dutch card. But Sweden doesn't work that way.

Edit: Here's a screenshot (edited for brevity) of the Swedish SAS Amex Elite application page:

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Jan 7, 2019 at 1:08 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:13 pm

I dont understand why you are showing me tje regular way of getting amex? I told you you need to contact amex and tell them to take reference from your italian amex so they can see your credit history and by that way letting you get a amex in sweden. I dont know how you didnt managed to get a swedish bank account? You just create one and its pretty easy because of the EU laws. You just need you bank account to have iban swedish code. Then youre free to go and getting the swedish SAS amex
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:22 pm

The relevant part is that they will send the card to your official residency address, as registered with Swedish tax authorities. If you don't have one, this will fail.
And it's difficult to open a bank account without a personnummer.
But this it getting way OT, maybe we should take this to PM.
raporot likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:45 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Fli1
I dont understand why you are showing me tje regular way of getting amex? I told you you need to contact amex and tell them to take reference from your italian amex so they can see your credit history and by that way letting you get a amex in sweden. I dont know how you didnt managed to get a swedish bank account? You just create one and its pretty easy because of the EU laws. You just need you bank account to have iban swedish code. Then youre free to go and getting the swedish SAS amex
easy? where is in EU or US is EASY to create account? without much papers? and where is easy to not get for account screening?
you are living in dreamland i think.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by raporot
easy? where is in EU or US is EASY to create account? without much papers? and where is easy to not get for account screening?
you are living in dreamland i think.
+ 1

In EU you need to prove your residency & provide the relevant Tax ID for that
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:55 am

thank you all guys! i've checked AMEX Italy and I can convert MR in SAS points! so next july i will switch from Alitalia Amex to MR Amex, add point from purchasing, add point from LH and other *A flights and will try some SAS longhaul))
Now with AMEX Alitalian i've got 2 companion voucher and i will try to spend them with flight Alitalia in C in South America (Hope Alitalia will stay alive till july))))
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:48 am

Well it depens on which type of account you open.
to get an american express card in a diffrent eu country you need a bank account with that countrys iban number. For sweden and netherlands its easy. Both can be given free of charge. Anyways since you aren’t going to tax money in sweden or live or work. The process of getting a bank account in sweden is about 1week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.