Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH AMS-EZE-AMS J ( P ) return 1220 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH AMS-EZE-AMS J ( P ) return 1220 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
Do not limit yourself to LX and miss out the experience flying 747 upper-deck. LH P credits to AC, CA, UA, and NH. I recommend crediting P fares to NH, although only 70%, their redemption rates are much lower with very little fees (surcharges and taxes). Not sure about AmEx MR programs outside US but NH is one of the transfer partners here, with couple cheap LH P trips and some MR points you'll soon have enough miles for another long haul award J tickets (75K rt US-Japan).

Coincidentally, ANA's Mileage Club is also the most versatile with non-*A carriers such as PR (where you'll also find cheap J fares often).

p.s. If you're not flying frequently obviously try to maximize miles with TK, but once you renew your status (easy with 40K first year for 2 more years), it pays to explore other *A options and venues.
Thanks. I see P also credits to Singapore Krisflyer (100%). Isn't that a better option than NH at 70%?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Thanks. I see P also credits to Singapore Krisflyer (100%). Isn't that a better option than NH at 70%?
If you're looking at Europe - Asia redemption, no!

SQ will require 190K miles in J between Europe and Asia round trip, the same can be done with NH for 90K miles (also same with TK if you can find limited capacity in J). I just odn't understand how bloggers keep raving about putting/transferring miles into SQ, perhaps they're focused on SQ's First Class. Also a reminder that when redeeming, you're not limited to a FFP's operating flights, they can be other *A carriers, sometimes even outside *A.

p.s. Depending on your flying pattern, CA is also a viable option, you get 100% in km with P fare and their J redemption rates are on par with NH (after converting into miles).

Originally Posted by jfkeze
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it is the underlying metal and not marketed code that applies for credit.
This is correct. However I've received TK miles from Helvetic (LX) and Wamos (AV), can't speak for other *A carriers/FFPs.

Last edited by vincewy; Dec 16, 2018 at 12:55 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum

This is correct. However I've received TK miles from Helvetic (LX) and Wamos (AV), can't speak for other *A carriers/FFPs.
Which is a totally different story. Both carriers fly Wetlease for Swiss / Avianca. In this case you get miles and full benefits as if flying with the mainline. This also implies for Air Nostrum for SAS, etc.

WK is not flying wetlease. They operate their own brand. Only some flights under LX Flight number will credit to MM and UA, but thats mostly it.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TK M&S will not credit any miles for WK operated flights (regardless if booked with LX codeshare No - the latter is of no importance for miles/points accrual within *A). Period

It has been reported elsewhere that WK J product (hard and soft) is at least on par with LX and LH if not better.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
It’s back with even better availabilty!

With this availabilty we could have stayed a couple of days more for fhe same price
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
...SQ will require 190K miles in J between Europe and Asia round trip, the same can be done with NH for 90K miles (also same with TK if you can find limited capacity in J).....

.... Also a reminder that when redeeming, you're not limited to a FFP's operating flights, they can be other *A carriers, sometimes even outside *A.
But worth pointing out that the "low" redemption rates of TK and NH are available only for their own flights.

For *A services I believe its the alliance redemption rates that apply.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But worth pointing out that the "low" redemption rates of TK and NH are available only for their own flights.

For *A services I believe its the alliance redemption rates that apply.
i booked LH J using TK points from US -> EU for 45k.

therefore it applies to *A services too. Atleast for TK, i cannot comment on NH
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lewis42

i booked LH J using TK points from US -> EU for 45k.

therefore it applies to *A services too. Atleast for TK, i cannot comment on NH
I hold my hands up to traducing the M&S programme.

It's just that I have never been able to secure TK's lowest rates for carriers other than TK, clearly I need to try harder.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:23 pm

LH/LX - CDG -> GIG from 1,350 EUR in J return

Great fare from LH Group:

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=0#flt=CDG./m/07dfk,HKG,SIN.2019-05-08.CDGZRH0LX645~ZRHHKG0LX138*/m/07dfk,HKG,SIN.CDG.2019-05-14.HKGMUC0LH731~MUCCDG1LH2226;c:CAD;e:1;a:STAR_ALL IANCE*STAR_ALLIANCE;sc:b;sd:1;t:b;sp:2.CAD.287347* 2.CAD.288181

Fairly wide open availability in 2019 with prices creeping up by 100 EUR or so if you want to limit the number of connections or operating carrier.

-James
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

LH - AMS -> EZE from 1,250 EUR in J return

Spotted on flights:

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=0#flt=/m/0k3p.EZE,GIG,GRU,SCL.2019-01-22.AMSMUC0LH2303~MUCFRA0LH119~FRAEZE0LH510*EZE,GIG ,GRU,SCL./m/0k3p.2019-01-30.EZEFRA0LH511~FRAAMS1LH996;c:CAD;e:1;sc:b;sd:1;t :b;sp:2.CAD.195195*2.CAD.195195

Decent availability in 2019 with some options on amount of connections.

Looks like LH is having a field day on legacy J products ex-DAK zone!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
That was the HKG link.

Try this one instead:
https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...7*2.EUR.134917
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
That was the HKG link.

Try this one instead:
https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...7*2.EUR.134917
Thanks for the catch. Also good to see that LH is supporting AirBnb, Uber and the rest of the gig economy with these fares

-James
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Unhappy

Originally Posted by chrini1
If you think the old 2-2 layout on the upper deck is cool, then enjoy.... LH C is nothing special. Its a nice price, but I have been to BUE so many times for work Not tempting....
You are so right. The upper deck is tight, it seems you are in economy, no idea why would people like to sit there. Besides the V shapped LH C class is the worst seat they could have done. Service is so so, food bad. If you must fly than it is of course excellent price, almost the same as economy Q for example. It is 13:45h flight, I would really check if the price/quality meet my needs!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
You are so right. The upper deck is tight, it seems you are in economy, no idea why would people like to sit there. Besides the V shapped LH C class is the worst seat they could have done. Service is so so, food bad. If you must fly than it is of course excellent price, almost the same as economy Q for example. It is 13:45h flight, I would really check if the price/quality meet my needs!
You must tell us which airlines you fly in economy

People want the upper deck because it is quieter, more peaceful than the dorm downstairs, and perhaps because Lufthansa manage to keep seat blocking effective. When a flight isn't full I'm pretty certain to find myself with with two seats upper deck seats to myself.

You are absolutely right about the unpleasant intimacy when strangers do occupy a seat pair. But service is generally of the friendly yet formal straightforward type I appreciate, and the food something I've never thought too much about.
Justin Case and Chimaira like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:27 am

I can’t find it on my dates its around 2.5k euro?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.