Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

[DL] Delta One Transcon LAX-JFK-SJU o/w $348+

[DL] Delta One Transcon LAX-JFK-SJU o/w $348+

Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I don’t think so. International flights, as opposed to domestic, are classed as Business front of cabin. At least, that is the situation according to my observations over at the BA board, where these AA trips to the Caribbean have been extensively discussed (never partook myself).
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: FB Gold, SAS Gold
My assumption was based on what I saw on DL website:

Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Mailand
My assumption was based on what I saw on DL website:

I would be VERY careful crediting this to anyone other than Delta due to the fact that this will very likely be sent over to partners as a COACH TICKET fare class (Delta clearly does honor it's Y-UPs for full credit)!

If you click on the above (Changeable / Nonrefundable) you get the following:

E55 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
I assume the JFK-SJU should give 25XP.
You will only get 6 XP since SJU is domestic. Insert NAS or BDA and then you'd get 15 XP.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by stephem
Sorry, I had AA on the brain ;-)

I often see DL with similar clauses in their cheap fares. For ex-SEA Y-up fares they routinely specify the fares are not valid for any of the SEA-JFK-SEA lie flats.

Sometimes the fare rules specify certain aircraft that cannot be used, other times they specify routings where there will almost certainly not be a lie flat. AA/DL also do this on YVR-BDA, YVR-SJU and other similar bargain basement fares that could allow a cheap lie flat transcon to be had.
Just booked on AA, routing through MIA & DFW, lie flat wide body (767.777.787) for $367.00,
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL Silver, Marriott LT Plat (PP), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, MLife Plat, IHG Plat
Apologies, but could someone tell me if this is a same day turn they are seeing, or how long the stay is? I can't seem to see these on ITA or Google. Posting a Google link would be awesome! Thanks in advance everyone.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:03 pm

Thanks OP for sharing this deal. Booked 3 tickets for April!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by mrbmbrown
Apologies, but could someone tell me if this is a same day turn they are seeing, or how long the stay is? I can't seem to see these on ITA or Google. Posting a Google link would be awesome! Thanks in advance everyone.
Fare is one-way.
To do a turn, of any length, you'll just have to find and book a flight back.
You can of course search for a RT on your intended dates of travel, but scarce availability seems to be an issue.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by B747forever
Thanks OP for sharing this deal. Booked 3 tickets for April!
We booked two for April as well -- when you heading out? Looks like prices have jumped.

Shout out to OP as well -- great getaway.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
We booked two for April as well -- when you heading out? Looks like prices have jumped.

Shout out to OP as well -- great getaway.
Going over spring break, end of March and returning beginning of April.

Will be my first time in Puerto Rico, so anyone feeling like sharing any tips/ideas of things to see and where to stay?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by HammarMA
Just booked on AA, routing through MIA & DFW, lie flat wide body (767.777.787) for $367.00,
What dates?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume the JFK-SJU should give 25XP.
Originally Posted by SFO777
You will only get 6 XP since SJU is domestic. Insert NAS or BDA and then you'd get 15 XP.
My bad.
To FB, JFK-SJU is not domestic and would qualify for Medium. So 15 XP points.
LAX-JFK-SJU would earn 21 XP points.

Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
XP

Since I'm MSP Delta, I wasn't familiar with "XP". Too proud to ask, so I hunted it down. Thought I'd share with other Delta folks also not familiar with the term:

From KLM site - "Each Flying Blue level gets you different benefits. The more you fly, the more XP (Experience Points) you gain. These allow you to reach higher levels and enjoy the perks that go along with them! You gain XP on all eligible flights with AIR FRANCE, KLM, JOON and HOP! and SkyTeam partners."

But the above raised another question for me. Since Delta is a SkyTeam partner, does one accumulate XPs on Delta flights? And are mine hiding somewhere? I did search "XP" on delta.com, but didn't find anything.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Romelle
Since I'm MSP Delta, I wasn't familiar with "XP". Too proud to ask, so I hunted it down. Thought I'd share with other Delta folks also not familiar with the term:
From KLM site - "Each Flying Blue level gets you different benefits. The more you fly, the more XP (Experience Points) you gain. These allow you to reach higher levels and enjoy the perks that go along with them! You gain XP on all eligible flights with AIR FRANCE, KLM, JOON and HOP! and SkyTeam partners."
But the above raised another question for me. Since Delta is a SkyTeam partner, does one accumulate XPs on Delta flights? And are mine hiding somewhere? I did search "XP" on delta.com, but didn't find anything.
DL flights accumulate XP points (and miles) on FlyingBlue not on Delta when you use your FB number on DL flights. You can only track XP points on FB.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Thank you. This web site continues to amaze me, how much I learn from it. And stuff I really want to know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.