Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

[DL] Delta One Transcon LAX-JFK-SJU o/w $348+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DL] Delta One Transcon LAX-JFK-SJU o/w $348+

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by SFO777
My bad.
To FB, JFK-SJU is not domestic and would qualify for Medium. So 15 XP points.
LAX-JFK-SJU would earn 21 XP points.
Could be worse I suppose. But that's what I thought it was going to turn out to be. Still worth a punt at that price, though.

XPs in Flying Blue are essential, because that is the currency, so to speak, used for status qualification. Oddly, it doesn't matter how cheap or expensive the Economy or Business sub-classes are, you book, you get the same XPs according the class. So for Economy tickets, it's worth going for the cheapest possible from now.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
I remember back in Aug ish AA had ~$500 I class LAX-BDA(?) fare and can route through JFK on A321Ts. However I only need it for the LAX-JFK seg and I usually check at least one bag, thus can't utilize it due to the need of short check.
Delta brands its lie-flat equipments as Delta One and sells them under different fare classes (the biz fare class J C D I Z) and are significantly more expensive than those domestic FC ones (which they still use F A etc.) So I guess it isn't that hard for them to restrict these fares.
Yeah BDA used to work from SFO too. Could be had for as low as $400.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:35 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I booked LAX-JFK-SJU. Today I got an email today that there had been a schedule change. The time change was on JFK-SJU, but in comparing the itins, I noticed that the original equipment type on the LAX-JFK segment was listed as a 767-400 while the new equipment type is a 767-300 (winglets). Can I assume this is still a Delta One flight?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I booked LAX-JFK-SJU. Today I got an email today that there had been a schedule change. The time change was on JFK-SJU, but in comparing the itins, I noticed that the original equipment type on the LAX-JFK segment was listed as a 767-400 while the new equipment type is a 767-300 (winglets). Can I assume this is still a Delta One flight?
Yes, still D1. They just substituted one crappy 767 for another.
AutoSlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.