FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1944645-aa-hkg-pek-icn-tyo-dfw-mex-gdl-cun-r-t-1-845-a.html)

Unionruler Dec 8, 2018 2:51 am

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Books into AA I. Transpac segments must be on AA, but intra-Asia segments can book into almost any OW/ AA partner airline. Widely searchable on GF and ITAMatrix.

Mauibaby2008 Dec 8, 2018 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler (Post 30511976)
Books into AA I. Transpac segments must be on AA, but intra-Asia segments can book into almost any OW/ AA partner airline. Widely searchable on GF and ITAMatrix.

wow!!!

this almost makes it impossible to fly my upcoming 70K Alaska Jakarta - Hong Kong - Boston CX F ..

when I can fly this fare round trip, although .. positioning costs, Jakarta to Hong Kong and MEX to/east coast but easy with avios.

$1880 HKG NRT DFW MEX DFW NRT HKG (and 55,000 AS miles)

or 70,000 alaska one way home CGK HKG BOS in F ?

and I just met my Amex platinum minimum spend this is ridic 😢

lly89 Dec 8, 2018 4:18 am

Hi,

Do you have a GF example? I can't seem to get that price.

Thanks

Edit*** Please ignore, I worked it out.

Ceres Dec 8, 2018 6:05 am

Originally Posted by lly89 (Post 30512101)
Hi,

Do you have a GF example? I can't seem to get that price.

Thanks

Edit*** Please ignore, I worked it out.

can you give an example I cannot either?

Thanks

HLT1904 Dec 8, 2018 6:12 am

This would be an amazing deal

jfkeze Dec 8, 2018 6:20 am

Plenty of dates work till October 2019... Here is a GF Link with flights on JAL... have seen combos of JAL, KE and more :D

Ceres Dec 8, 2018 7:08 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 30512296)
Plenty of dates work till October 2019... Here is a GF Link with flights on JAL... have seen combos of JAL, KE and more :D

Thanks, I just booked one in may for $1902

GYEWorldTraveler Dec 8, 2018 7:21 am

Wish I could say I’m surprised but this seems to be pretty standard exit-CN/HK pricing for AA these days.

For those looking for the max experience, since AA is on MPM and not routings, you can do some pretty ridiculous routings like HKG-LAX-JFK-DFW-MEX and get 77W, 321T and 767. You could also get some CX/JL intra-Asia flights - probably can get 50k+ EQM on this fare.

tango3 Dec 8, 2018 7:22 am

I found a routing to get around 800TP from this at US$1.9k. Is that the max you can extract from this fare?

Ceres Dec 8, 2018 7:42 am

Deleted - (dumb question)

londonexpert Dec 8, 2018 7:47 am

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler (Post 30512396)
Wish I could say I’m surprised but this seems to be pretty standard exit-CN/HK pricing for AA these days.

For those looking for the max experience, since AA is on MPM and not routings, you can do some pretty ridiculous routings like HKG-LAX-JFK-DFW-MEX and get 77W, 321T and 767. You could also get some CX/JL intra-Asia flights - probably can get 50k+ EQM on this fare.

Just wondered can we build in stopovers in this fare? Fare rules said ok, but I can't get ITA to work.

I think the MPM is 10548

So don't think can route through JFK??

Also can we take the AA codeshare on JL for trans pacific sectors or just AA?

Unionruler Dec 8, 2018 7:54 am

Originally Posted by londonexpert (Post 30512451)
Just wondered can we build in stopovers in this fare? Fare rules said ok, but I can't get ITA to work.

I think the MPM is 10548

So don't think can route through JFK??

Also can we take the AA codeshare on JL for trans pacific sectors or just AA?

Yeah ITA is quite bad at working stopovers into AA fares. Can route through JFK I think you just pay a bit more for exceeding MPM. When I read the fare rules it seemed like the transpac segment had to be marketed and operated by AA.

Unionruler Dec 8, 2018 8:03 am

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler (Post 30512396)

Yeah. Although it has to be said that to us mileage runners, CN/HK are pretty much the same thing, but to laypersons as well as in terms of origin and destination theory, CN and HK are quite different markets.

Microtat Dec 8, 2018 8:07 am

Sorry for posting this question, would i face any problem for the return legs, say dfwlaxhkg if i decided not to fly the dfw-mex-dfw sectors?

thanks for your advice!

jfkeze Dec 8, 2018 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Microtat (Post 30512520)
Sorry for posting this question, would i face any problem for the return legs, say dfwlaxhkg if i decided not to fly the dfw-mex-dfw sectors?

thanks for your advice!

All segments after the one that you miss would be cancelled. :( Normal airline rules