Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Tokyoite

sample via jfk outbound and via lax then dfw on inbound, ( to maximize miles earnings)
https://goo.gl/flights/S8Zjc
Do I have to call to price it? It won't book on AA.com. I have all the flights I want and it shows me $1,875.83 then when I click continue it gives me an error...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Do I have to call to price it? It won't book on AA.com
if it is quoting the price in hkd, then it will error out.
Better use AA.com the USA website to recreate the itinerary.
seems like a bug with AA Hong Kong website (that GF automatically links to as origin is Hong Kong)
or, recreate on itamatrix and then paste to bookwithmatrix before clicking through to AA.com
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:56 am
Suspended

if it is quoting the price in hkd, then it will error out.
Better use AA.com the USA website to recreate the itinerary.
seems like a bug with AA Hong Kong website (that GF automatically links to as origin is Hong Kong)
or, recreate on itamatrix and then paste to bookwithmatrix before clicking through to AA.com
When I go to AA.com the price jumps over 3k for the same flights.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:03 am
Suspended

ITA Matrix prices it at double what AA.com shows, weird. Also aa.com website crashes everytime I try to book. I found flights on suboptimal dates. What a mess. Trying to call but the EXP line has 15 min wait time...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:04 am

Do I have to call to price it? It won't book on AA.com. I have all the flights I want and it shows me $1,875.83 then when I click continue it gives me an error...
for the base search, itamatrix shows what’s available via dfw and Miasee screenshot of how to search.
those dates should replicate correctly on GF.
or use bookwithmatrix

Last edited by Tokyoite; Dec 18, 2018 at 8:28 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:28 am
Suspended

for the base search, itamatrix shows what’s available via dfw and Mia
see screenshot of how to search.
those dates should replicate correctly on GF.
or use bookwithmatrix

Have not been able to get the fare in itamatrix. When I search it shows price MUCH higher than aa.com and GF.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:58 am

Have not been able to get the fare in itamatrix. When I search it shows price MUCH higher than aa.com and GF.
please check out my reply above with screenshots on how you can search on itamatrix. then use bookwithmatrix (link) and click through to book with AA (not with flightnetwork as the site would suggest).

on bookwithmatrix, once you load the pasted itinerary from itamatrix, click on the arrow as shown below to select AA (or priceline if you like) for booking.

FYI, Itineraries via NRT/NYC seem to be totally gone, either blocked or no availability for this particular ticket origin/destination pair. GF shows phantom availability.

Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:01 am
Suspended

please check out my reply above with screenshots on how you can search on itamatrix. then use bookwithmatrix (link) and click through to book with AA (not with flightnetwork as the site would suggest).

on bookwithmatrix, once you load the pasted itinerary from itamatrix, click on the arrow as shown below to select AA (or priceline if you like) for booking.

FYI, Itineraries via NRT/NYC seem to be totally gone, either blocked or no availability for this particular ticket origin/destination pair. GF shows phantom availability.

Ok, I am trying to route through JFK, so that's no longer possible? I PM'd you re my dates. TY
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:45 am
Suspended

From bookwithmatrix after entering it and clicking through to book "We apologize but we are not able to confirm the fare you have selected. Please contact us as soon as possible at 1 877 496 4815. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:55 am
Suspended

$1,848.23 HKG-DFW-MEX, spend a few days in Mexico city, then back to NYC, then a few months later, pop down to Tulum then fly CUN-MIA-LAX-HKG on my way back to Europe for a wedding. WHAT A DEAL! Thanks so much to the people who helped! Calling AA now to apply SWU's to the long flights as A=5+ on my dates.

EDIT:
SWUs cleared. F for the long flights, what a deal. Great way to pile up ~40k EQM, this puts me up to ~107k EQM booked already for 2019, now I just need to figure out how to hit the new "enhanced" spend.

Last edited by GetSetJetSet; Dec 18, 2018 at 10:50 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
$1,848.23 HKG-DFW-MEX, spend a few days in Mexico city, then back to NYC, then a few months later, pop down to Tulum then fly CUN-MIA-LAX-HKG on my way back to Europe for a wedding. WHAT A DEAL! Thanks so much to the people who helped! Calling AA now to apply SWU's to the long flights as A=5+ on my dates.

EDIT:
SWUs cleared. F for the long flights, what a deal. Great way to pile up ~40k EQM, this puts me up to ~107k EQM booked already for 2019, now I just need to figure out how to hit the new "enhanced" spend.
This works open jaw? Also you might want to use points vs SWU to upgrade, better value.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by frebay
This works open jaw? Also you might want to use points vs SWU to upgrade, better value.
Based on my expected travel for 2019, I think there's little to no chance i'll be able to use all 4 SWU on Y to J upgrades anyway (thanks AA!) so might as well burn two here. I will have two in reserve. Yes, I searched open jaw on a whim and it was cheaper and worked BETTER for my dates.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: free agent
$1,848.23 HKG-DFW-MEX, spend a few days in Mexico city, then back to NYC, then a few months later, pop down to Tulum then fly CUN-MIA-LAX-HKG on my way back to Europe for a wedding. WHAT A DEAL!
EDIT:
Yeah, I jumped on this deal because I know it's far easier to upgrade from J to F. Of course, it's still AA... service can be hit or miss but I rather use up SWUs than let it go waste. Same here, no issue with EQM but EQD, different story. Might need 1 or 2 CX PE deals to hit EXP if I want to (will be platinum for sure and might be enough for me since I fly internationally way more than domestic).
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Yeah, I jumped on this deal because I know it's far easier to upgrade from J to F. Of course, it's still AA... service can be hit or miss but I rather use up SWUs than let it go waste. Same here, no issue with EQM but EQD, different story. Might need 1 or 2 CX PE deals to hit EXP if I want to (will be platinum for sure and might be enough for me since I fly internationally way more than domestic).
I'm counting on a pricey USA-EUROPE-USA BA/AA J fare this summer and maybe one of the QR BEG-DOH-PVG-DOH-BEG fares to get me over the line. So much of my flying in on partners though, not really sure exactly how many EQD I'll earn until they post. This is a great fare anyway because 1. HKG is one of my top-5 world cities, 2. I have been meaning to go back to MEX For 5+ years and 3. Excuse to go back to Tulum.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:29 pm

seems not 100% dead, one ways possible. discussed here [prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.