Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
You'll have to clear immigration and customs. You'll need at minimum 2 hours, I think, but I would give myself 3-4 hours at least.
Yup unless things changed in 2 years you have to clear Immigration and Customs, exit the Arrivals area, turn left and walk down to the Departure area, recheck in, then clear security. Sometimes the Immigration line can get ridiculous so keep that in mind.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
. Sometimes the Immigration line can get ridiculous so keep that in mind.
Wonder if Cancun get busy during May? I should arrive CUN at 13:18, and was wondering if it's smart or crazy idea to book separate ticket to MIA at 16:50 on same day or give myself little more padded time by booking 18:35 flight to DFW
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Wonder if Cancun get busy during May? I should arrive CUN at 13:18, and was wondering if it's smart or crazy idea to book separate ticket to MIA at 16:50 on same day or give myself little more padded time by booking 18:35 flight to DFW
I'd probably play it as safe as possible. According to EF, MCT for AAAA is "sup," meaning it's an invalid connection, so I'm not even sure you'd be protected in an event of a misconnect.

washeelers747 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by tango3
Managed to route via PHX one way, so total of 860TP for around $2100USD.

HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-MEX-PHX-JFK-LAX-HKG

https://goo.gl/flights/ifXXR
Thanks for inspiration. I think I've optimised route as follows:

HKG-NRT-LAX-JFK-PHX-MEX // MEX-PHX-JFK-LAX-NRT-HKG

Prices on matrix for USD2,315 for random dates in October. Makes it a round 1,000 TP. (40+140+140+140+40 each way).

Plus you get to visit top tier lounges in HKG, NRT, LAX and JFK
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Originally Posted by londonexpert
HKG is much easier as not visa restriction for most travellers and the airport is designed well for transits
Been going ex HKG for a decade to USA and Europe, low points required and very low fees on the likes of CX.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Did you book it on the AA site? I was able to get this all set using ITA Matrix this morning and will work on trying to get it to work on the AA site. Yesterday AA site came up with $3200 but not via JFK or MIA both ways. Is there a trick to use on the AA site or do you have to call an agent at EXP to book it?
Thank you.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Karl
Did you book it on the AA site? I was able to get this all set using ITA Matrix this morning and will work on trying to get it to work on the AA site. Yesterday AA site came up with $3200 but not via JFK or MIA both ways. Is there a trick to use on the AA site or do you have to call an agent at EXP to book it?
Thank you.
Dates play a big role with the availability. This search result here offers routes via either/both of LAX, JFK, MIA, DFW for 1900 USD.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Seems a great roI can find more direct routings in January but nothing via NYC / MIA which is a shame! But still a good deal!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Dates play a big role with the availability. This search result here offers routes via either/both of LAX, JFK, MIA, DFW for 1900 USD.
Comes up with the usual error on AA.com after inputting passenger names etc and proceeding to payment page
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Oh that is tempting. Thanks for posting!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Comes up with the usual error on AA.com after inputting passenger names etc and proceeding to payment page
found the reason why. The GF link jumps you to the Hong Kong AA website that errors outf for JFT transits. If you recreate the itinerary on the USA AA website, it goes through.

However, it seems the overnight LAX-JFK transcons flights have almost I fare bucket availability on the outbound. I had to take the afternoon transcon and overnight in JFK to ticket it at 1945 USD on the USA AA website. Same dates.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:12 pm

Used this thread to buy HKG-LAX-JFK-DFW-MEX. I noticed that there is first class on the transcon and called EP desk about upgrading to First on those two flights only. The agent couldn't make anything wait list, much less go through. I asked about using 500 mile certificates, she said doesn't apply if EP. Then she mentioned using miles +$75 and said it wouldn't let her even enter it. Anybody know of any language to use to help EP desk get me on the upgrade to First LAX JFK or is it really not even possible? If it's not even possible, anybody have experience on the transcon and getting some sleep?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Took the transcon about 6 weeks ago, JFK-LAX in Business Class and it was excellent: catering was super, and seats are full flat though you do have to climb out from window seats. I had a bulkhead so it wasn't an issue.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rbauergz
Used this thread to buy HKG-LAX-JFK-DFW-MEX. I noticed that there is first class on the transcon and called EP desk about upgrading to First on those two flights only. The agent couldn't make anything wait list, much less go through. I asked about using 500 mile certificates, she said doesn't apply if EP. Then she mentioned using miles +$75 and said it wouldn't let her even enter it. Anybody know of any language to use to help EP desk get me on the upgrade to First LAX JFK or is it really not even possible? If it's not even possible, anybody have experience on the transcon and getting some sleep?
First, there are no sticker upgrades to first, so thats not an option.

Im not entirely sure whats going on given the details youve given, but if you are trying to upgrade using miles and cash, the problem might be that you are requesting a wholly within North America upgrade, when your actual one-way trip is Asia to North America. Normally, if the international leg does not have availability, everything is waitlisted; however, the agent should be able to force through the domestic upgrade only (so long as you pay the requisite mileage and cash for an upgrade between Asia and North America). Of course, you should be able to be waitlisted for the international upgrade (although clearance is not necessarily automatic in this case because the upgrade certificate has already been issued and the ticket re-ticketed, so you do need to monitor and call in).

If you are trying to use an SWU, again the agent should be able to clear just the domestic leg and waitlist the international leg(s).

Of course, the other issue is that SWUs/mileage upgrades are good only for three segments, and you have four, but I would think that that shouldnt prevent you using an upgrade instrument on 3 of the 4 segments.

I would call back and be very specific that you want to clear just the domestic leg, even if the international upgrade is not available. If the first agent cant help you, ask for a supervisor.

In terms of the business class seat, its lie-flat, so you should be able to sleep well. The big difference between J and F is that J is 2-2, while F is 1-1, so if you want to minimize potential disruption, I would choose a window seat. Regardless of the cabin, its under five hours flying time normally, so a short night either way.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747

I use matrix and put LAX JFK MIA in advanced routing part. I tried to do LAX JFK only but it wont price around $1900ish. Oops, I mean I plan to buy separate ticket back to USA then come back to Cancun few months later to do CUN-HKG. No way Ill do immediate turnaround and return to HKG. I prefer to spend few days on any MR ticket and never been to Cancun before so why not?
Bought a ticket today. On GF I added segments HKG-LAX-JFK-MEX (via MIA)///MEX-JFK (via MIA)-LAX-HKG able to route through JFK no problem in business on the A321. When I tried HKG-JFK it kept coming up in economy or wouldn't work at all. Eveb though I had entered JFK-MEX via MIA outbound with lie flat, I got via DFW on a 737. When I clicked to pay it said "confirmed, but unable to make special request." I had numerous errors over last couple days, like, "sorry error occurred, cannot use connecting flight" or similar. Anyhow, it's ticketed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.