Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by frebay
Use expertflyer and check for "C" inventory.
It's actually "A" inventory since this is already a J ticket
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by stageworks
Just booked HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-CUN-MIA-JFK-LAX-HKG - FOR $1936 - used EVIP's to F and cleared. This will be a nice ride.
Hello stageworks: did you include any stopovers (or overnight transit) in the US? I would like to do a MR like yours but I think my body needs more rest during the trip. Thanks. Do you mind sharing the GF link?
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA:EXP
DELETED
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Hello stageworks: did you include any stopovers (or overnight transit) in the US? I would like to do a MR like yours but I think my body needs more rest during the trip. Thanks. Do you mind sharing the GF link?
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...02*.USD.192102
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Is there something I am missing, that if this was issued on BA or AY stock, the distance rather than price rule would apply?
It doesn't matter which airline's stock the ticket is issued on; what matters is how the flight is marketed. If the flights are marketed as AA flights, they will be credited to AAdvantage based on fare, not distance.
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:48 pm

So, I was considering combining this deal with an AY J YYZ-HKG ticket, which then made me wonder how good of a deal this actually is for those based in the US (and NYC/east coast in particular). I'm thinking about this from the perspective of someone who would make two (or more) trips to HKG from the east coast next year.

If I'm crediting to AY, no-brainer I would just book AY J tickets to HKG.

Even if I were to credit to AA, the AY ticket would get me (starting next year) ~38,000 EQMs and ~4750 EQDs (25% of 19,000 miles flown) for ~$2600. This ticket would get me ~45,000 EQMs and ~1800 EQDs for ~$1900. Yes, that's a ~$700 difference (and this fare has the potential of upgrading to F), but the cost of positioning to/from CUN (as opposed to YYZ or YUL) cuts into the difference. And the EQDs here are not great. And this fare is less flexible than the AY fare in terms of stopovers and such. Am I missing something? . . .
Global321 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
has anyone been able to price this with a stopover in the US? stopover one way or both ways?
This is annoying... It specifically states unlimited stopovers in the fare rules, but any stopovers (in the US) ruin the price. I also noticed there is a minimum 12 hour rule at the destination as well (for those looking to MR). I have also seen PVR as well as CUN, MEX, SJD, & GDL.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrAlex

This is annoying... It specifically states unlimited stopovers in the fare rules, but any stopovers (in the US) ruin the price.....
HIP rule requires you to pay higher fare but you can keep the routing. For example, if you have a stopover at LAX, you need to pay HKG-LAX fare as it is higher than HKG-CUN. But you still get LAX-CUN in business with no extra charge.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
HIP rule requires you to pay higher fare but you can keep the routing. For example, if you have a stopover at LAX, you need to pay HKG-LAX fare as it is higher than HKG-CUN. But you still get LAX-CUN in business with no extra charge.
Argh! Forgot about that silly thing. Or maybe it was repression...
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: free agent
grr @ phantom fares on google flights. Saw $1900ish for HKG-LAX-JFK-CUN roundtrip but errors came up on payment page. Anyone have same issue? Matrix isn't showing the prices on this routing.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
Not really understanding this. So it's possible to add a stopover in but probably need a TA to ticket?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
So, I was considering combining this deal with an AY J YYZ-HKG ticket, which then made me wonder how good of a deal this actually is for those based in the US (and NYC/east coast in particular). I'm thinking about this from the perspective of someone who would make two (or more) trips to HKG from the east coast next year.

If I'm crediting to AY, no-brainer I would just book AY J tickets to HKG.

Even if I were to credit to AA, the AY ticket would get me (starting next year) ~38,000 EQMs and ~4750 EQDs (25% of 19,000 miles flown) for ~$2600. This ticket would get me ~45,000 EQMs and ~1800 EQDs for ~$1900. Yes, that's a ~$700 difference (and this fare has the potential of upgrading to F), but the cost of positioning to/from CUN (as opposed to YYZ or YUL) cuts into the difference. And the EQDs here are not great. And this fare is less flexible than the AY fare in terms of stopovers and such. Am I missing something? . . .
The fare isn't primarily meant for people like you
- Origin market is primarily HKG and Asia-based mileage runners
- Destination market is Mexico, people can also go south to Latin America instead of north (let's face it the USA is kinda boring is a holiday destination)
- Optimal credit is to AS, BA, CX for HKG-based...
- CX/AA reverse herringbone is less cramped than AY reverse herringbone
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Unionruler
The fare isn't primarily meant for people like you
- Origin market is primarily HKG and Asia-based mileage runners
- Destination market is Mexico, people can also go south to Latin America instead of north (let's face it the USA is kinda boring is a holiday destination)
- Optimal credit is to AS, BA, CX for HKG-based...
- CX/AA reverse herringbone is less cramped than AY reverse herringbone
I think you’re right; this fare isn’t really meant for people like me. I guess all the EQD talk is from overseas AAdvantage members. Agreed that AY reverse herringbone is more cramped than AA/CX reverse herringbone, but I do appreciate the (free for AY Plats/Lumos) WiFi across the long haul fleet.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
AY A350's are also nicer on the body than a AA 77W
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:42 pm

How are INT-INT transfers in Cancun?

Thinking... this ticket, land in CUN, fly back out on separate (positioning) ticket to the USA.
Conversely... fly in from the USA to do the return on this ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.