Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Global321
How are INT-INT transfers in Cancun?

Thinking... this ticket, land in CUN, fly back out on separate (positioning) ticket to the USA.
Conversely... fly in from the USA to do the return on this ticket.
You'll have to clear immigration and customs. You'll need at minimum 2 hours, I think, but I would give myself 3-4 hours at least.
Global321 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I tried to find this using google flights but it keeps coming up via LAX/DFW to CUN. How did you get the routing HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-CUN-MIA-JFK-LAX-HKG for these days I used the Jun 6th and Sep 20th dates. I cud do a few of these to re-qualify for EXP for 2021. Maybe there is someplace on GF where you do a multi-city trip. I am new at using GFs
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Was able to replicate it. At first I was not able to use GFs. This is a long time MR but plenty of EQM and EQD. Probably need 3 days to recoup in CUN at the beach.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Karl
Was able to replicate it. At first I was not able to use GFs. This is a long time MR but plenty of EQM and EQD. Probably need 3 days to recoup in CUN at the beach.
(Bold/Underline mine)

Why would this trip produce plenty of EQD?

At a cost of ~$1800, wouldn't the EQD's equal ~$1800, less gov't taxes/fees, so ~$1600 EQD's?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:06 am

Tried to book it on AA but AA would not permit do do multi city HKG-JFK, JFK-CUN for Jun 6th and return Sep 20 CUN-JFK-, JFK-HKG. When I put in HKG-CUN-HKG it will not give me any routing via JFK and the price goes to $3200. Is that fare and routing gone or is the a way to book this on the AA site which I am missing?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Global321
(Bold/Underline mine)

Why would this trip produce plenty of EQD?

At a cost of ~$1800, wouldn't the EQD's equal ~$1800, less gov't taxes/fees, so ~$1600 EQD's?
Think it means some people are confident in their way of getting things to code/ post as special fares. Not that I know how haha.
Global321 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: free agent
I got r/t award J ticket ex-SE Asia. Might cancel them and use up 2 SWU for this J trip. However, any suggestion on airport hotel? I’m looking hard at HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-CUN but it does mean arriving CUN little too late for any 2-3 hour turnaround so need to stay overnight in CUN.

im thinking about courtyard CUN airport but is the area generally safe near airport? Might just treat myself to 2-3 day at a Cancun resort before doing CUN-HKG flight.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:53 am

I got it to work using GF for $1920 but when I tried it on the AA web site it would not go thru as multi city routing. When I just put HKG-CUN RT on AA site it would only route via LAX, DFW. I would do the same as you are thinking about staying at the airport CY. It is bad enough flying all flat beds and sleeping but I think you would be stretcher material when you landed back in HKG
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Karl
I think you would be stretcher material when you landed back in HKG
I use matrix and put LAX JFK MIA in advanced routing part. I tried to do LAX JFK only but it won’t price around $1900ish. Oops, I mean I plan to buy separate ticket back to USA then come back to Cancun few months later to do CUN-HKG. No way I’ll do immediate turnaround and return to HKG. I prefer to spend few days on any MR ticket and never been to Cancun before so why not?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:34 am

I think AA caught up with the postings in blogs about this MR and disallowed the routing via NYC.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I think AA caught up with the postings in blogs about this MR and disallowed the routing via NYC.
Can you point to some change in the fare rules to support that? They look the same as they did when first published. AA.com frequently doesnt pull up all desired routings, try ITA and other avenues (including caling a real live TA or AA ) if you cannot get AA.com to work.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Managed to route via PHX one way, so total of 860TP for around $2100USD.

HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-MEX-PHX-JFK-LAX-HKG

https://goo.gl/flights/ifXXR
BThumme likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:25 am

Just wondered which US city will be closest to CUN? I assumed MIA?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by londonexpert
Just wondered which US city will be closest to CUN? I assumed MIA?
Yes and several flights a day.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Nah, I booked HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-CUN on both ways about 2-3 hours ago. Happy about this so i can get rid of 2 SWU next year and be done with it and save myself two one-way J award ticket between Asia-US while have access to QF, CX, and AA's FFD lounge.
super-mileage-fan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.