Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA HKG-PEK/ICN/TYO-DFW-MEX/GDL/CUN r/t $1,845

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by londonexpert
Just wondered can we build in stopovers in this fare? Fare rules said ok, but I can't get ITA to work.

I think the MPM is 10548

So don't think can route through JFK??

Also can we take the AA codeshare on JL for trans pacific sectors or just AA?
The fare rules may say stopovers allowed but scroll down and you will see there are no HIP exceptions, so the stopover will cause a HiP check and increase the fare, possibly significantly.

As for MPM, you can exceed it, but it will result in a surchage (sliding scale depending on % you exceed MPM).

On routings, fare rules i looked at said 1 xfer in area 3, and 3 xfers in area 1.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:53 am

Also available for SJD for west coasters. SJD-LAX-SJD can be had for cheap.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by stephem

The fare rules may say stopovers allowed but scroll down and you will see there are no HIP exceptions, so the stopover will cause a HiP check and increase the fare, possibly significantly.

As for MPM, you can exceed it, but it will result in a surchage (sliding scale depending on % you exceed MPM).

On routings, fare rules i looked at said 1 xfer in area 3, and 3 xfers in area 1.
Thanks - This is the point I am always a bit confused on the HIP check.

is there some reference I can check to understand it more?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tango3
I found a routing to get around 800TP from this at US$1.9k. Is that the max you can extract from this fare?
What's the routing?

edit: nvm figured it out. HKG-NRT-LAX-JFK-DFW-CUN r/t would give exactly 800.

Last edited by Pochama; Dec 8, 2018 at 9:19 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:07 am

Thanks - I understand now.

If I do HKG-NRT-DFW-MEX. And if NRT-MEX is more expensive than HKG-MEX then I need to pay the higher fare as part of HIP.

I guess I can really max it out and do: HKG-KIX-FUK-CTS-NRT (each within 24 hours) and then fly to the US?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:08 am

Thanks - This is the point I am always a bit confused on the HIP check.

is there some reference I can check to understand it more?
HIP stands for Higher Intermediate Point and just means that the fare to some intermediate point on the way to your destination is different (most likely higher) and so you have to pay that higher intermediate fare if you want to stop in that intermediate location. For this fare, the HKG-DFW is much more than this fare, if you want to stop in DFW then you will pay a HIP charge, equivalent to the difference between this fare and the HKG-DFW.

There are times when the HIP charge is still a good deal. I’ve paid a slight additional HIP to get a very low cost LAX-JFK roundtrip on AAs 32t.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:11 am

I guess I can really max it out and do: HKG-KIX-FUK-CTS-NRT (each within 24 hours) and then fly to the US?
The fare only allows one transfer in Area 3 so you cannot do this. But now you see why we covet the few fares that are filed with no transfer limit, even if there is a HIP check.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:17 am

The fare only allows one transfer in Area 3 so you cannot do this. But now you see why we covet the few fares that are filed with no transfer limit, even if there is a HIP check.
Thanks!! Yes the Transit restrictions trumps the unlimited Stopover.

For a HKG-NRT-DFW-MEX
So a HIP check will need to be performed on
HKG-DFW
HKG-NRT
NRT-DFW
NRT-MEX
If any point is more expensive than HKG-DFW, than the HIP surcharge will be applicable.

Just wondered other than Mexico, are there any other "americas" cities these AA fares are applicable?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Yeah. Although it has to be said that to us mileage runners, CN/HK are pretty much the same thing, but to laypersons as well as in terms of origin and destination theory, CN and HK are quite different markets.
HKG is much easier as not visa restriction for most travellers and the airport is designed well for transits
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Is there any more location can select? Just for more AS tie miles if possbile only intra Asia can via JL airline? ....
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA:EXP
Just booked HKG-LAX-JFK-MIA-CUN-MIA-JFK-LAX-HKG - FOR $1936 - used EVIP's to F and cleared. This will be a nice ride.
jfkeze and Gino Troian like this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Is the only way to boost EQD flying intra-Asia? Someone mentioned that TPAC must be AA coded and AA metal?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:43 pm

Great fare ^
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
How do you book. When I use the Google Flights link, it shows the fare, but if I go to make the purchase I get the usual

Something went wrong.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we encountered an error processing your request.
  1. We are not able to confirm your selected flights. Please resubmit your request. (15079 - 420)
When I search aa.com, I don't see this fare available. Is it still there?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:35 pm

Stageworks,
how did you get that routing? I can’t replicate the JFK part on GF or AA.com!

anyone have a guess as to how many miles this would credit to AA and or AS with no status on either airline?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.