Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP: Chicago (ORD) to São Tomé (TMS) R/T Business Class $2883

Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum

Came across this today while thinking about locations for next years' vacation. I did a quick search of the forum and could not find this already posted.

Roundtrip business class on TAP. This routes ORD-LIS-ACC-TMS. There appears to be no change of plane in ACC, this is just a stop to drop-off or pick-up passengers. There appears to be a number of dates at this price showing in Google Flights. I looked a bit and July (my test dates) could be a good time to visit. I priced this out on TAP's website and it worked. The LIS-ACC-TMS legs are on a A320 (so not ideal), but I doubt there are many other larger planes flying to TMS. I did not dig into all the restrictions, but you are welcome to.

Enjoy!

Google Flights Link:
https://bit.ly/2SRZrrM

TAP Website Example:

boggs, Free As A Bird and edgaju like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL plat
This does not seem like a deal
oneworld82 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
Originally Posted by 15cats
Agree!!!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Note that TP's A320 Business Class is actually economy seating with middle seat empty (the usual European 'Business Class' configuration). Rather brutal on the inbound red-eye flight.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:39 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by 15cats
In fairness to the OP, while this is a very specific route, a quick look at google flights shows this fare is normally north of $5k.
So if you want to go there in biz, this is as good as it gets

new people won't post here if we are shooting them down
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Milage Plus
Originally Posted by soy
In fairness to the OP, while this is a very specific route, a quick look at google flights shows this fare is normally north of $5k.
So if you want to go there in biz, this is as good as it gets

new people won't post here if we are shooting them down
100% right!
edgaju likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:38 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Good find OP!
edgaju likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The Lisbon Sao Tome flight would be a gruelling slog tagged onto the overnight transatlantic one. As noted above it's in short-haul A320 with simply the promise of an empty middle seat differentiating business from economy. The stop in Accra is spent on board, but adds no joy to the journey.

The return overnight service is truly awful. The same seating, of course, coupled with TP's legendary onboard service don't make for a happy flight. The midnight stop in Accra is painful. I've had to make the journey twice, and both times a combination of cash upgrades and overbooking meant the business-class cabin was filled, including centre seats. On one flight the cabin crew couldn't tally passengers with the ground controller: a one-hour stand-off before the flight crew decided to go anyway.

Sao Tome is a delightful destination. The TP service there is ghastly.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
You can get the same fare to Cape Verde and avoid the connection at ACC. According to the fare rules you can get a stopover (I assume in LIS as it is the only connecting point) for free. About $50 (USD) cheaper.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.