Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie EWR NCE USD 1,200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Only 1,000 tickets for this new route, e.g.May 23-30.

Much needed shaking of Delta’s monopoly on this route!

https://www.lacompagnie.com/en/about/special-deals/
orbitmic and MarkY123 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Looks like a nice offer.
TyPo311 likes this.

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Dec 5, 2018 at 2:56 am
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingislove
Ugggh, but such a useless FFP.
They have a unique partnership with XL Airways!

I know you are not getting much apart from a large seat and decent on-board service, everything else is rated as sub-par, particularly ground service which seems to totally lack when their planes go tech and they have no replacements.

But for this price I would take the risk in the right circumstances (you can’t have an important meeting or a wedding the next day)!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:57 am

Works in july-august
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: CK or bust
As long as you book with a credit card and are prepared for bizarre IRROPS in case they run go MX at flight time or have another cash flow issue, this is a pretty interesting deal for a decent seat across the water!
af fp likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by s0ssos
To get to places? Yea, those people usually book economy tickets at $300.
To have a comfortable journey? Probably not going to fly La Compagnie.
... there's also a middle ground of people who are looking to travel in relative comfort but don't want to shell out beaucoup $$$ on paid J for leisure travel. La Compagnie gives them a (slightly outdated, but passable) J product for the price of Air France PE or Icelandair "J".
af fp and enpremiere like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I think it's a novel provider and I hope they do well. It's a tough business and it must be very challenging to compete in a sector so competitive and unwieldy.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone have any advice on the travel insurance they offer - AVI?
Grabbed the 1st flight on May 5 - a little concerned the 2nd flight isn't until May 9 if there are any problems. Then again, maybe they will be motivated to make it a little more perfect???
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Santander
... there's also a middle ground of people who are looking to travel in relative comfort but don't want to shell out beaucoup $$$ on paid J for leisure travel. La Compagnie gives them a (slightly outdated, but passable) J product for the price of Air France PE or Icelandair "J".
i dont think you can fairly say that for this fare. The NCE route will be on the new A321neo and looks like a proper lie flat seat, albiet no direct aisle access. It is probably like the BA baby bus based on oics i have seen. Ideal for a couple traveling together. Definitely better than any PE Y product. And the nee planes should reduce mechanical issues.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

As unusual as their product is, La Compagnie is the only all-business airline I know of today, and they have survived for over five years. The arrival of the new airplanes is also encouraging. Since they are keeping the dual daily ORY flights, it seems some of those flights will use the old 757s.

The only all business sevices I know are Privatair (but they only subcontract for larger airlines) and BA’s LCY-JFK service (obviously the rest of the airline’s routes are not all business).

Other earlier experiments (such as L’Avion or EOS) failed within a year or so, the longevity of La Compagnie and their low prices are impressive.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: TK Elite
I'm happy there's more and more competition from my home country. I still think 1200 EUR is too much $$$ for a 7 hour flight but it's great for those who want it, when you see similar fares to Asia on flights almost twice as long I still think there's room for driving the prices down
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
I'm happy there's more and more competition from my home country. I still think 1200 EUR is too much $$$ for a 7 hour flight but it's great for those who want it, when you see similar fares to Asia on flights almost twice as long I still think there's room for driving the prices down
Think the benefit of this deal is more so for pax traveling to Europe. In the past few years there have been very few sub $2k USD premium deals from the US East Coast to Europe.
ijgordon and af fp like this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by George84
Think the benefit of this deal is more so for pax traveling to Europe. In the past few years there have been very few sub $2k USD premium deals from the US East Coast to Europe.
Exactly! In for 2.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just booked. EWR-NCE for early Sept at $1199. For me the benefits are a non stop to Nice out of my home airport and a quasi biz seat for less than I'd have to pay for a UA economy flight with a connection. The fact that I will not earn ff points and not have any status on their airline are (to me) out weighed by the fare & non stop features.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by mauld
Just booked. EWR-NCE for early Sept at $1199. For me the benefits are a non stop to Nice out of my home airport and a quasi biz seat for less than I'd have to pay for a UA economy flight with a connection. The fact that I will not earn ff points and not have any status on their airline are (to me) out weighed by the fare & non stop features.
Exactly this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.