Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP DUB-USA €1300 J Sept ‘19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

TP have excellent business class fares ex DUB via LIS for Sept 2019 to USA. NYC, WAS etc under €1300
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

TP have excellent business class fares ex DUB via LIS for Sept 2019 to USA. NYC, WAS etc under €1300
I am able to book with a stop over in LIS one way for $771!!! Great find!!! ^
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:46 am

Too bad TP doesn't serve US west coast. It seems their only US gateways are NYC, BOS, MIA, ORD, DCA (last 2 starting June 2019).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Too bad TP doesn't serve US west coast. It seems their only US gateways are NYC, BOS, MIA, ORD, DCA (last 2 starting June 2019).
Keep your eyes peeled: they claim LIS-SFO is due to start next year, though the schedule has yet to be announced.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
TP fares to YVR are cheap and permit AC flatbeds from EWR-YVR, so those are a decent option for the west coast.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
I recently booked CGD to BOS (via LIS) for the same ~$770 price. It isn't just restricted to DUB.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by stephem
TP fares to YVR are cheap and permit AC flatbeds from EWR-YVR, so those are a decent option for the west coast.
You can't even enter Vancouver on the TAP website...
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by chx1975
You can't even enter Vancouver on the TAP website...
Find it on Matrix then book with matrix or power tools should get the job done.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
~ 880 usd

Originally Posted by Croupier

Find it on Matrix then book with matrix or power tools should get the job done.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:31 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by gsalem94122
I recently booked CGD to BOS (via LIS) for the same ~$770 price. It isn't just restricted to DUB.
true, this fare has been around for a long time and there have been a few threads on it. It was initially found as a CPH-NYC deal iirc
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by soy

true, this fare has been around for a long time and there have been a few threads on it. It was initially found as a CPH-NYC deal iirc
The CPH deal is still going (thread moved to Prem fare gone?) although very limited dates to NYC, however CPH-BOS/MIA there is a lot of availability for as low as €650 one way.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:34 pm

The key with all of these (and by that I means any EU to any NA city and vv) is having better than average tools to find J bucket space, as well as having a good understanding of the routing table. I can find these almost any day of the week up until last minute right before departure. There are some segments where TP zeros out J space, but there are sometimes other ways to fly where there is J space.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by stephem
The key with all of these (and by that I means any EU to any NA city and vv) is having better than average tools to find J bucket space, as well as having a good understanding of the routing table. I can find these almost any day of the week up until last minute right before departure. There are some segments where TP zeros out J space, but there are sometimes other ways to fly where there is J space.
​​​​​​​Could you please explain which tools you use and how you conduct your search then ?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Thysk
Could you please explain which tools you use and how you conduct your search then ?
(1) get an Expert Flyer subscription so that you can see routing tables (in addition to basic fare rules that ITA shows).
(2) use EF to find J bucket space for various TP over water segments, make sure you check OPO/LIS and JFK/EWR. Use EF to understand corresponding fare buckets for other carriers (mostly AC and B6 in north america) which can be used for non TP destinations.
(3) use this info to build an itinerary with ITA on the dates where these segments with J space are available.
Thysk likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:38 am

Posting here based on an PM i received aksing what a routing table is, so everyone can learn. I believe i put some routing tables in the other TP threads, so go look at those too.

The relevant TP fares are all routing based as opposed to mileage based. Mileage based fares specify a set Maximum Permitted Mileage and a coresponding set of light restrictions which dictate the carriers and flights you can use to fly those miles. Routing fare specify exact routings and sometimes carriers that toy can use and those also need to be viewed in conjunction with any flight restrictions in the fare rules.

ITA let’s you pull the fare rules but you need a subscription tool to view the routing tables and MPM info. Expert Flyer provides this info.

Here is a sample routing table for YVR-LON. See how it allows you to connect through Boston, New York or Toronto? See also how it includes both OPO and LIS? This opens the possibility up of using lots of options, in particular look at how both JFK and EWR allow creative options that a basic OTA search wont find and even ITA likely wont find without specifying city/carrier combination. The key to these cheap TP fares is finding where they havent zerod out the J bucket. Look at every possible TP flight over the atlantic and you will likely find one that has some J availability. Now that the flatbeds are more widely in use on TP flights, you have pretty decent options for getting a flatbed both ways. These are consistently the cheapest NA to europe fares w no real advanced purchase requirements, only on a few routed (jfk-FRA) does anybody better (SQ) match them. In reverse, originating in EU they can be even cheaper as others point out.

FROM-YVR TO-LON CXR-TP TVL-03JAN19 RULE-CAE2 IPRAI/101
FARE BASIS-JCAEXI0E SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BOX OW-BUSINESS CLASS ONE WAY EXCURSION
CAD 1033.00 0800 E01SEP17 D-INFINITY FC-JCAEXI0E FN-M
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 31MAY18/2333 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG YVR-LON/TP800 /TAR-TARP EF-01JUN18 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. YVR-WS-BOS-OPO/LIS-OPO/LIS-LON
2. YVR-TP/AC-NYC/BOS-OPO/LIS-OPO/LIS-LON
3. YVR-AC-YTO-OPO/LIS-OPO/LIS-LON
4. YVR-WS/AC-YTO-OPO/LIS-OPO/LIS-LON
Thysk, Captain Canuck and Lizie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.