Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UL CGK-MCT Business $865 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF; VA; AS

Hi all,

Long time lurker and first poster here.

Whilst looking for business flights from Indonesia to somewhere interesting I came across this fare.

**Edit** It appear my junior status here won't allow me to post my GF link. If you try return business CGK-MCT 29/11/2018 to 07/10/2019 you should see the fare

Jakarta to Muscat with Sri Lankan. Yes I know it's only a recliner on a narrow bodied jet but the price appears great. For a few hundred more there are some lie flats available to other Middle East cities too. Availability appears wide open.

As I've never flown Sri Lankan I'd appreciate any comments as to the quality of their product.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: QF Plat VA Silver
CGK-xCMB-DXB RT in J available for 962 USD too..
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:26 am

Jakarta/KL available to London LHR one-way for £890-£980. Not sure of availability but was available for dates I looked at in JUN.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by bananahead
Jakarta/KL available to London LHR one-way for £890-£980. Not sure of availability but was available for dates I looked at in JUN.
KUL-LHR £749 selected dates up until 30th April. Condor 767-300.
bananahead likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
Hi all,

Long time lurker and first poster here.

As I've never flown Sri Lankan I'd appreciate any comments as to the quality of their product.
Thanks for your first contribution.

UL has several hard J products. J on the 333 is great, direct aisle access and awesome seats. ) on 332 is 2 2 2 which I don’t mind if I pick a middle seat because at the prices they charge it’s better than any whY experience. The 320s are all a standard recliner - kind of like the old F class in the US but with more legroom and they’re perfectly fine for day flights and I suppose better than whY at night.

The CMB lounge sucks - and that’s the technical term.

The soft product, IMHO is variable. Crews make a difference and I’ve had everything from amazing to...less than acceptable. The food is OK and I don’t really drink so I’m no expert in the booze area. I temper everything on UL with the knowledge I’m getting a slab of QFF status credits at a price that is always amazing (when on sale) and UL have got me to top tier on Qantas several years ina row, so for that reason, I like them.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Be careful with this one if crediting to BAEC, CMB - MCT is only 40 tier points.

CMB - DXB / DOH is 140.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
The CGK-Middle East fare on Sri Lankan has been around for some time (remember looking at it in July).

However, it seems that these fares are now repricing to US$2k+, no more below the sub US$1k levels. Oh well.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:31 am

Thanks to the OP and thanks for pointing out that DOH is 140 TPs. Doing a back-to-back in DOH next month.

I wonder if the repricing has anything to do with SriLankan’s weekend offer of 20% off business class fares ex-CGK.
Originally Posted by PO48RA
Be careful with this one if crediting to BAEC, CMB - MCT is only 40 tier points.

CMB - DXB / DOH is 140.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Seems like the reverse DXB-CGK-DXB (via CMB) is now available for around US$860. Seems to be widely available until end Mar 2019.
Also available from Kuwait at slightly higher prices.

DXB & KWI all count for 560tp on this routing.

Sample: https://goo.gl/flights/qFTjb (DXB), https://goo.gl/flights/tEWGN (KWI)
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Decent prices through April (including Easter) if you throw AUH/DXB into the mix...
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:16 pm

I booked Jakarta - LHR for just over £800 one way.

Looking forward to trying their A330-300 product.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Fitch
Decent prices through April (including Easter) if you throw AUH/DXB into the mix...
You can still get DXB to CGK for $862 but the other direction seems to be over $2600 now.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
The CMB lounge sucks - and that’s the technical term.
I've flown with UL in J many times and I think the CMB lounge is very good, with a good choice of delicious local food available. It is vastly superior to the lounges proposed by UL at BKK or LHR. On BKK<>LHR flights with long layovers I've also been given accommodation at a couple of hotels near the airport, where the local food was also very good.

The shower and wash-rooms at the CMB lounge are very small though, and something should be done about that.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Flown the CGK-CMB-DXB return twice this year as i had business trips to London and needed to incorporate a TP run somehow
Seat better than BA J, service decent, F&B ok too.

if incorporating at TP run, BA connections in DXB to London are terrible though - but good if you need to factor in a day trip to Dubai
The BA lounge was open all day so they let me use it (albeit without food service which is only available for their 2 flights a day - lots of good food choices nearby))
Used the shower in the the other lounge with my UL BP - but they are pretty draconian in there about maximum time allowed

BE AWARE:
With the CMB-CGK sector be aware of last minute equipment changes from quoted A330 flatbeds to A321 recliners
Priority boarding at CMB is a myth. If you're not fighting your way through a mass of Y pax, they often keep you waiting until all the Y pax are on board.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by mfgr
BE AWARE:
With the CMB-CGK sector be aware of last minute equipment changes from quoted A330 flatbeds to A321 recliners
Priority boarding at CMB is a myth. If you're not fighting your way through a mass of Y pax, they often keep you waiting until all the Y pax are on board.
Thanks for the report on boarding at CMB. I thought CMB-CGK rarely gets the A330. On the dates I looked only A321 were scheduled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.