Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ctu-lax <$1,700 (ua / cz+ aa) $2,235 (cx)

Ctu-lax <$1,700 (ua / cz+ aa) $2,235 (cx)

Reply

Old Nov 4, 18, 8:43 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: HKG / NYC
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL PLAT, HU GOLD
Posts: 7
Ctu-lax <$1,700 (ua / cz+ aa) $2,235 (cx)

https://www.google.com/flights?gl=us...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

Some availability in December for Christmas / New Year travel.

$1,665 for United for CTU-SFO-LAX and $1,689 for CZ + AA for CTU-PVG-LAX or CTU-PEK-LAX

CTU-HKG-LAX is also available on KA/AA for $1,719 or even KA/CX for $2,235 for the same set of dates. The latter is good for getting EQD on AAdvantage.

Last edited by frost88; Nov 4, 18 at 8:52 pm
frost88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:09 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CGK/LAX/SUB
Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Posts: 1,070
I ran across this yesterday, I might take advantage of it since I need to fly from CTU to LAX at the end of the month. The UA fare also works for SNA.
gpeso8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:21 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: air new zealand
Posts: 7
this is quite a good deal.. i will jump in!!

i checked the UA app on my phone, and it is P, i think it means the new polaris seats?
simp2018 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:39 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: HKG / NYC
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL PLAT, HU GOLD
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by simp2018 View Post
this is quite a good deal.. i will jump in!!

i checked the UA app on my phone, and it is P, i think it means the new polaris seats?
P is the lowest fare bracket for UA business, so it means business promo rather than new polaris seat.

UA8 from CTU-SFO is flown using a 787 aircraft, which is in a 2-2-2 configuration.

You'll find the new ones on 777-300ER planes.
E55 and simp2018 like this.
frost88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 18, 1:37 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP 75k, AV Gold, SPG/Ritz Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 803
Am I correct in assuming that CZ coded flights won't credit anything to AA even if I buy the tickets directly from AA?
FlyingFrZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 18, 1:56 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
Posts: 9,320
Had no idea Czech Airlines had started flights to Chengdu
onobond is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 2:43 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,061
Originally Posted by onobond View Post
Had no idea Czech Airlines had started flights to Chengdu
CZ is the code for China Southern. Czech Airlines code is OK.
xedubx, gpeso8, DrAlex and 2 others like this.
stephem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 18, 10:33 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: LHR HKG
Programs: BA GOLD
Posts: 115
Now CX has a sales from some Chinese cities, apart from PEK/PVG to SFO at Approx USD $1,700. All in I class fare, CX/KA only. it also seems no min/max stays required.
Examples:
1. TAO-SFO at US$1,696 (CX/KA only) widely available
2. CGO-SFO at US$1,774 (CX/KA only) widely available

I believe there must be more cities in China that KA/CX flies to have the same sales, but I did not check all.
E55 likes this.
roy2016 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 18, 9:26 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: YYZ/SFO/HKG/TXL
Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, Fairmont Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 1,455
Originally Posted by roy2016 View Post
Now CX has a sales from some Chinese cities, apart from PEK/PVG to SFO at Approx USD $1,700. All in I class fare, CX/KA only. it also seems no min/max stays required.
Examples:
1. TAO-SFO at US$1,696 (CX/KA only) widely available
2. CGO-SFO at US$1,774 (CX/KA only) widely available

I believe there must be more cities in China that KA/CX flies to have the same sales, but I did not check all.
PEK now 2200 and PVG 2400
Bonaventure is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 19, 2:03 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: SIN
Programs: AA Plat, AS MVPG, SQ *G
Posts: 322
AA/KA CTU-HKG-LAX-SJC $1,669/ CNY11,250 GF into AA website, fare basis ILE08TN3
Unionruler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 19, 4:28 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 15,003
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Am I correct in assuming that CZ coded flights won't credit anything to AA even if I buy the tickets directly from AA?
Incorrect. CZ and AA are close partners. In fact CZ is leaving Skyteam in part because of AA.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp
flyerCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 19, 7:11 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 12
I can't seem to find any on CX at those prices. Could someone provide links
Tc302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 19, 7:32 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: SIN
Programs: AA Plat, AS MVPG, SQ *G
Posts: 322
Originally Posted by Tc302 View Post
I can't seem to find any on CX at those prices. Could someone provide links
It is not a CX fare, and nowadays AA tends to specify in the fare rules that TPAC must be on AA metal.
Unionruler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 19, 11:16 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP 75k, AV Gold, SPG/Ritz Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 803
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Incorrect. CZ and AA are close partners. In fact CZ is leaving Skyteam in part because of AA.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp
I know that is the case now, but it wasn't when I posted that in Novemeber

Also still no AA EQM/EQD earning on CZ flights (unless they are AA codeshare)
FlyingFrZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 19, 11:22 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SEA
Programs: AS 75K
Posts: 969
i'm glad this AA/CZ fare is back. I saw it a couple months ago for the same price. It went away for a month or so....really considering jumping on it.
atcanobbio is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread