Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA,LH,LX BOS-KEF $1260+ r/t J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Fare basis P6NC50E is $998 r/t base and works out to under $1300 r/t. Sample dates Apr 26--May 6. This appears to be matching Icelandair business class fares.

Sample routing BOS-MUC-KEF, KEF-MUC-BOS. Stopovers are oddly permitted in KEF,OPO,LIS; the fare is pretty generous with routing rules but there aren't a lot of *A connections to KEF to really use it maximally.

One amusing route is BOS-YUL-VIE-KEF ($1290 r/t, note VIE-KEF books into Y instead of P).

Until recently booking LH P was pretty awesome if you had a GPU. Ah well.

You can pair this P in one direction with a similar Z fare published by OS in the reverse direction and pay $1900 for a fare which permits one free stopover (i.e. you can make this a $1900 J trip to Europe with stops in the continent and in Iceland with some creativity).
Unionruler, Thysk and vincewy like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:43 pm

Thanks for posting.

In addition to BOS, I'm seeing departures from PHL, IAD, and TPA in spring/summer 2019 for the same price. Out west, you can fly from DEN for $1,400.
Thysk and WorldCruiser like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Originally Posted by qupasyd
Thanks for posting.

In addition to BOS, I'm seeing departures from PHL, IAD, and TPA in spring/summer 2019 for the same price. Out west, you can fly from DEN for $1,400.
Do you have a sample dates for DEN departure?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:13 pm

It's wide availability until September 2019
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Seems to be available only from certain LH US gateways, not all.

ORD $1350, tempted to book this and go to other parts of Europe from KEF, it's too expensive to stay KEF.

p.s. Airfare triples when trying to add MUC stopover, crazy how airline pricing works.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by mherdeg
You can pair this P in one direction with a similar Z fare published by OS in the reverse direction and pay $1900 for a fare which permits one free stopover (i.e. you can make this a $1900 J trip to Europe with stops in the continent and in Iceland with some creativity).
So, for this Z fare, the stopover is only in VIE, correct? If not, where else would it be?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:13 am

I don’t see this deal from TPA anymore.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by fly2lanai
Do you have a sample dates for DEN departure?
Here's 07/19 to 07/29.

Originally Posted by George84
I don’t see this deal from TPA anymore.
Still available on AC and OS. On Google Flights, choose Star-Alliance and exclude EWR to see dates with the longer European routing.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It books from SFO for around $1900 which is great for getting to Europe, but gets a lot of errors at checkout when trying to adjust stopovers even if on UA metal
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Just booked this from TPA during 4th of July. Outstanding fare!
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by sfnats
It books from SFO for around $1900 which is great for getting to Europe, but gets a lot of errors at checkout when trying to adjust stopovers even if on UA metal
I found the same on LH website which the airfare tripled even if I picked the same flight numbers with stopover in MUC.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k
They've had these odd LIS/OPO/KEF stopover options on SFO-LHR routes for cheap biz (~$2,600) on for a while now, I don't quite get it honestly. I wonder if the LIS/OPO is because TAP is planning on flying LIS-SFO next year, and KEF maybe to put pressure on icelandic and wow? though those two don't really compete in biz, i don't get it...
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AS
Is anyone managing to get stopovers to work with this fare? I really seem to be struggling to do so for some reason.

I found this fare which I really like:
https://goo.gl/flights/5ZSwS

However, I really wanted to add a couple week stopover in FRA on the outbound and every time I try the price spikes significantly.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by snowingairlines
Is anyone managing to get stopovers to work with this fare? I really seem to be struggling to do so for some reason.

I found this fare which I really like:
https://goo.gl/flights/5ZSwS

However, I really wanted to add a couple week stopover in FRA on the outbound and every time I try the price spikes significantly.
if you read the OP that should not surprise you at all ... 2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN
EACH DIRECTION IN LIS/OPO/REK
Z-fares which allow a free stopover are $1200 more expensive. So a stop-over one-way should add $600 to the cost.
This is a nice fare!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I'm not seeing any fares below $2000 from ORD to either LIS or OPO. And the only cheap business fares I see from ORD to KEF are on FI.

I've tried specifying airlines, specific connections, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.