Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudia business ist-cgk/kul/mnl usd 1000 , xmas + new year 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia business ist-cgk/kul/mnl usd 1000 , xmas + new year 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alfursan Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus , LCAH Gold
Saudia business ist-cgk/kul/mnl usd 1000

Saudia offer deals from ISTANBUL to KUALA LUMPUR , MANILA , JAKARTA , GUANGZHOU , start from USD 1000 RETURN

business class with airbus 330 + boeing 777/787 good for christmas / new year vacation 2018 , example date 15 Dec / 07 January

MILAN TO KUALA LUMPUR start usd 1300 , limited seats on nov + dec, Businees class in airbus 320+ boeing 787 15 Nov / 31 Nov

Can book via Saudia.com or Expedia or Google Flight. Its a normal promotional business class fare .

Last edited by montreuxgarcon; Nov 3, 2018 at 6:29 pm Reason: 111
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:49 pm

Can you give more details where you found this? Is it part of a promo of any kind? Are there other origin cities that this works from?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skgtheblij
Can you give more details where you found this? Is it part of a promo of any kind? Are there other origin cities that this works from?

Its From IST , istanbul to KUL kuala lumpur , Manila , or Jakarta , its not kind of promotion , its just saudia always have good deal in business class.

I am looking with google flight . and saudia website also
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Setting aside issues of morality. Given recent reports of strict limitations on visa free transit in KSA (6hr max), I’d be highly hesitant to attempt any travel on SV.
quinzinho and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swingaling
Setting aside issues of morality. Given recent reports of strict limitations on visa free transit in KSA (6hr max), I’d be highly hesitant to attempt any travel on SV.
LOL, well it was fine for me , i travel with SAUDIA , 5 timed GVA- CGK VV. and i return in one piece.
About the visa free transit , there is no limit i guess , last time my layover was 8 hrs in JED and it was fine. as long only using SAUDIA. if you mixed airlines than it will be problem because you need to do immigration cleareance.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:26 pm

Christmas? Im not seeing any after 15 dec
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Nice fares and I have no problem with Saudia - except its choice of alliance

What is often to killer to these deals are long, long connection times in Saudi airports, and occasionally multiple connections within the kingdom
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:38 am

I used this deal last year. Would have (almost) no hesitation in doing it again.

The hard product is excellent - full flat beds on every sector (A330 IST-JED-IST and 787 JED-KUL-JED).

All flights were on time.

In-flight service was fine, catering good. Obviously there is no booze served which I had no problem with but I thought given they don't serve alcohol they'd make a bit more of an effort on the non alcohol front - no. There were no fresh juices, mocktails. You just get a glass of water with every meal unless you ask for a soda or something.

The low point - as many other have said - transit at JED. The terminal is DISGUSTING. I don't use the term lightly. I knew it wasn't great before booking but wasn't too bothered as I only had transits of around two hours in each direction. However months after booking SV canx my final leg JED-IST and booked me on the next JED-IST flight leaving me with NINE HOURS in JED airport. Obviously had access to the lounge (don't get too excited) but it was still a drag.

I would never EVER do a non premium transit via JED even if it was free. Lagos Airport is like a Changi compared to the SV terminal at JED.

Otherwise, i'd have no hesitation in recommending SV.
ilcannone and Aston100 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:22 am

Still, nothing for Xmas. Please be correct in headlines on this forum thanks
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Not every mileage run opportunity works for everyone, and I think that's okay. There are 4 countries (used to be 5 pre-blockade) whose citizens don't require a visa to visit Saudi, so thanks to the OP for sharing.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:25 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Moderator warning

Please refrain from OMNI discussions in this thread. Feel free to discuss this fare or ask questions about it. Any other off topic posts will be deleted.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Alex1983 and Beltway2A like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by montreuxgarcon
About the visa free transit , there is no limit i guess , last time my layover was 8 hrs in JED and it was fine. as long only using SAUDIA. if you mixed airlines than it will be problem because you need to do immigration cleareance.
Not exactly. Per EF:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
- Passengers transiting through Dammam (DMM), Jeddah (JED) or
Riyadh (RUH) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to
a third country within 12 hours. They must stay in the
international transit area of the airport and have documents
required for the next destination.
- Only one transit stop-over in Saudi Arabia is permitted.
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Not every mileage run opportunity works for everyone, and I think that's okay. There are 4 countries (used to be 5 pre-blockade) whose citizens don't require a visa to visit Saudi, so thanks to the OP for sharing.
I've considered flying with SV in the past due to their super cheap J fares, but the inconsistent and opaque transit rules have always made me uncomfortable.

Officially (according to Timatic) the maximum allowed transit time to qualify for TWoV is 12 hours for a US passport. However, I've read reports from travelers who have been IDB by SV for 6hr or 8hr transits. With SV reps citing a 4hr max transit time. Since KSA ceased the issuance of transit visas, I don't know of any workaround to this.

If one books a 3-4hr transit and everything runs correctly, there should be no issues.

However, what happens if a flight gets re-timed or cancelled and one is left with a 12+ hour transit at RUH/JED? Ignoring the quality of the transit experience, I'd be really uncomfortable to be put in that situation. I have no idea how KSA authorities would deal with that (deportation?), but I'd not be eager to break any laws in KSA.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:01 pm

Not exactly. Per EF:

I've considered flying with SV in the past due to their super cheap J fares, but the inconsistent and opaque transit rules have always made me uncomfortable.

Officially (according to Timatic) the maximum allowed transit time to qualify for TWoV is 12 hours for a US passport. However, I've read reports from travelers who have been IDB by SV for 6hr or 8hr transits. With SV reps citing a 4hr max transit time. Since KSA ceased the issuance of transit visas, I don't know of any workaround to this.

If one books a 3-4hr transit and everything runs correctly, there should be no issues.

However, what happens if a flight gets re-timed or cancelled and one is left with a 12+ hour transit at RUH/JED? Ignoring the quality of the transit experience, I'd be really uncomfortable to be put in that situation. I have no idea how KSA authorities would deal with that (deportation?), but I'd not be eager to break any laws in KSA.
I posted upthread that due to an itinerary change by SV I ended up with a 9hr transit in JED. I proposed an alternative to SV (I actually went to the airline office in London) and asked to be booked on an earlier flight ex KUL that would result in a one hr 10 min transit in JED - this was 20min under the min connecting time of 1hr30. I was confident I would make it and was travelling with hand baggage only. And in the case I didn't make it i'd just have to suck it up and spend 13hrs in JED airport awaiting the next IST flight. The airline rep said they were unable to do this as if I miss my shortened connection in JED SV will be fined as they are only allow transit times of a max of 12hrs.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by criced
Christmas? Im not seeing any after 15 dec
yes you are correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.